• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Juicy Bob

30. Philadelphia Eagles – This is an organization that has employed Michael Vick and Riley Cooper in recent years; talk about forcing fans to plug their noses when they enter the stadium. And their fan base is rude, crude and socially unacceptable.
Yeah, well. At least we do have some classy players, like LeSean Mc– oh, wait...

Like DeSean Jac– err.... never mind...

ShaneB

And what the fuck is that?

In Canadian football, a single (single point, or rouge), scoring one point, is awarded when the ball is kicked into the end zone by any legal means, other than a successful field goal, and the receiving team does not return, or kick, the ball out of its end zone. It is also a single if the kick travels through the end zone or goes out of bounds in the end zone without being touched, except on a kickoff. After conceding a single, the receiving team is awarded possession of the ball at the 35-yard line of its own end of the field.

Cue the wacky video of the CFL ending where they were kicking it back and forth.

jakncoke

Banned
I have made it clear multiple times if I ever have a GAF get together/ping pong tournament in our new house Gata and the rest of the riff raff can't come inside.

Yeah hanging out with a 13 year old at your age would seem very off and your wife and neighbors will certainly raise a eye

ShaneB

I bet the cfl decides ties with an idiotic skills competition as well.

In the CFL, if the game is tied at the end of regulation play, then each team is given an equal number of chances to break the tie. A coin toss is held to determine which team will take possession first; the first team scrimmages the ball at the opponent's 35-yard line and advances through a series of downs until it scores or loses possession. If the team scores a touchdown, starting with the 2010 season, it is required to attempt a 2-point conversion.[13] The other team then scrimmages the ball at the same 35-yard line and has the same opportunity to score. After the teams have completed their possessions, if one team is ahead, then it is declared the winner; otherwise, the two teams each get another chance to score, scrimmaging from the other 35-yard line. After this second round, if there is still no winner, during the regular season the game ends as a tie. In a playoff or championship game, the teams continue to attempt to score from alternating 35-yard lines, until one team is leading after both have had an equal number of possessions.

Konka

Banned
To baseball's credit, it's the only of the major sports you can play with a beer gut and smoke a pack of cigarettes while waiting for your chance to play and still be legit.

Sanjuro

To baseball's credit, it's the only of the major sports you can play with a beer gut and smoke a pack of cigarettes while waiting for your chance to play and still be legit.

You just described people that can play any of the major four sports in the states.

Konka

Banned
Golf says hi

True, but I was talking about more team sports. Golf is amazing as well. Look at this guy.

Miguel-Angel-Jimenez_600x364_0.jpg

eznark

Banned
I included legit at the end of my statement for a reason. He was not legit anymore in that picture.

"Baseball is the only sport (as long as I make a bunch of caveats and cherry pick examples) that fits into this definition I made up carefully crafted so as to slightly back up my point"

Fat-Soccer-Player-Fugly-Fat-Guy.jpg

Konka

Banned
"Baseball is the only sport (as long as I make a bunch of caveats and cherry pick examples) that fits into this definition I made up carefully crafted so as to slightly back up my point"

Fat-Soccer-Player-Fugly-Fat-Guy.jpg

Well maybe you should try to disprove my argument within the parameters of the original statement.

Spinluck

I'm just talking about the actual sport, it's nearly impossible for the NBA to be as entertaining a product as the NFL is.

I can get behind this.

If only playing flag football didn't make you feel like a bitch.

Soccer is fun as shit to play too.

eznark

Banned
Well maybe you should try to disprove my argument within the parameters of the original statement.

I did, then you moved the goal posts. Let's just skip the part where we have a pseudo-intelligent discussion and settle this debate soccer style with something slightly related but much more specialized.

Spelling bee.

Spell "Soldado"

MRSA

Banned
If we had an NFLGAF football team I'd be strong safety, all the good qualities of Troy Polamalu in a more handsome package.

kas will be NT because he's the fattest one here.

eznark

Banned
If we had an NFLGAF football team I'd be strong safety, all the good qualities of Troy Polamalu in a more handsome package.

kas will be NT because he's the fattest one here.

I think all of us probably fit into the "slow and cannot cover" mold.

Bread

Banned
I'd be the McCourty to Greg's Revis, since we all know he would be the star of the show and I would be the underappreciated workhorse.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Grover just confirmed Stafford is legit (while maintaining he's "fat" - whatever).

NFLGAF is slowly making progress. One by one you will all believe.

Top Bottom