• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jim Irsay gets only 2 misdemeanors. It's good to be rich and white.

It's probably because the court knows that Irsay could get his case tangled up in the system for months and cost the state a bunch of money. Easier to just have him take a lesser charge.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He doesn't have the power to suspend an owner.

He can probably only call a vote of owners to suspend one of their own. You'd basically have to have a situation like the NBA where the players are so outraged that they refuse to play across the league and make it toxic for the league to not punish him.

As it is, Irsay will likely be paying a very large fine to some charity somewhere so I wouldn't worry about that part. Bud Adams had to pay a decent chunk of change (pocket change for him at the time) so I'm sure Irsay will do the same.

The browns approach to Johnny Football is baffling to me. You obviously want the circus if they approach it the way they have.
What have they done wrong? The national media is just trying make stories out of none issues during a slow time.

Kevin Griffin ‏ @ KevinGriffin425 8m
Just previewed the Browns # RookieSpotlight Show. Really Awesome show. Special group of players. Watch 5/24 at 7 p.m. on @ wkyc. # DawgPound
For anyone in the area

What have they done wrong? The national media is just trying make stories out of none issues.

For anyone in the area

Disallowing interviews and making strong points about being third on the chart. "Start acting like a backup" when it's obvious they want him to be the face of a franchise.

Allowing full access to interviews and simply saying he has a chance to win the job year one would tame a ton of media hooplah.

Disallowing interviews and making strong points about being third on the chart. "Start acting like a backup" when it's obvious they want him to be the face of a franchise.

Allowing full access to interviews and simply saying he has a chance to win the job year one would tame a ton of media hooplah.
Disallowing what interviews? No one's made any points about being 3rd on a depth chart. And the " act like a back up thing " is so out of context now it's not even funny. Everyone knows he has a chance to start week one. No one is denying it from the coaches to the owners. Most of the hoopla are quotes taking out of context for news stories.

squicken

Disallowing what interviews? No one's made any points about being 3rd on a depth chart. And the " act like a back up thing " is so out of context now it's not even funny. Everyone knows he has a chance to start week one. No one is denying it from the coaches to the owners. Most of the hoopla are quotes taking out of context for news stories.

I really don't care what they say, but they need to be smart with what they are doing in OTAs and Training Camp. Any snap that Thigpen takes is a waste. It's already sub-optimal to try and split reps with Hoyer and Manziel. Mixing in Thigpen is just stupid

e:

Dave Zirin ‏@EdgeofSports
Team should NOT be tweeting this. Shameful. "@Ravens Janay Rice says she deeply regrets the role that she played the night of the incident."

I've noticed the whole squad follows a lot of people. Maybe some sort of bonus?

Which one is following you?

HTC_Daranesha yeah she follows 19k or so, guess I showed up on her feed since I follow the dolphin cheerleaders and some of them follow me back.

edit nm she only has 2k, must be new

MechDX

Jim Irsay's lawyers put out a statement thru Colts thanking prosecutors for not determining he warranted felony charges. Um, alrighty then--Laconfora

Wow

MechDX

Despicable. RT @ErikFrenz: Just looked over Ray Rice transcript. He apologized to everyone except Janay.

Ray Rice is a piece of shit

brentech

Finally finished watching Revolution.

What a Terrible Show. RIP

i made it through like the first 5 episodes, maybe more, before i just totally gave up on it. it seems like it should have been something good, but too many cliches and almost misses for the main characters to do anything of substance

I watched the first episode. Did they resolve things or just get cancelled?

i just had to look it up. it didnt get renewed for a third season

squicken

I never had any interest in Revolution, but that Fox show that was supposedly developed by one of the Nolan brothers that was a super expensive space show and ended up just being a show about whiny teenagers; that was disappointing

Top Bottom