• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know this isn't the real draft, right? ;)

Except for gata who knows all.

Oh I know I just liked it better when people were mocking them both to still be there at 22. A lot of times with the draft you will see momentum build with a guy and then they shoot up the board at the draft. Lane Johnson last years was getting mocked in the 20's and then before the draft all of the mocks started having him go higher and before you know it he went 4th. I want Dix and Pryor to both make it to 22.

Infamous review thread is pure gold.

Oh I know I just liked it better when people were mocking them both to still be there at 22. A lot of times with the draft you will see momentum build with a guy and then they shoot up the board at the draft. Lane Johnson last years was getting mocked in the 20's and then before the draft all of the mocks started having him go higher and before you know it he went 4th. I want Dix and Pryor to both make it to 22.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. I hope it works out well for the Eagles! You never know what Chip the mastermind is planning, though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
all these mocks are a joke

no one knows shit

Truth bomb.

Or captain obvious. Not sure which.

I can't remember the last time people were seriously questioning who was going to be picked first. As in, there are more than two choices potentially.

Its hilarious really. Only on GAF is a game that has an 81 metacritic "bad" if you even care about that kind of thing.
My favorite comment so far:

Mr. Sessler is obviously not a gamer, and I don't say this to be mean or because he's older.. I'm probably around his age, and I'm very much a gamer. I've watched quite a lot of the Rev3 Let's Play videos and it'd clear, even with simplistic games (Towerfall for example), he has no clue how to make pixels move with a controller in hand. I think the closest thing to playing a game he reviews is to have a colleague play it for him and then tell him his thoughts on it.

At least he was honest about this with his Demon Souls II review, but I believe it's like this with just about any game - save for Candy Crush Saga, and Bejeweled.

NY Giants - Eric Ebron
The Giants need more weapons on offense and grabbing the top tight end in the draft would be a good place to start.

daffy-duck-masturbating.gif

Fox318

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73
Idzik: "What we're trying to build here is sustainable success. We're not gonna put a finger in the dike" Building for now & future.
1:39 PM - 20 Mar 2014
Nobody is expecting the team to spend all of its money like crazy. They wanted the team to look stronger going into the draft. Jets fans want to build through young talent but there are key needs where proven vets would be better for the team.
Rich Cimini @RichCimini
Idzik: mentions they've re-signed 7 of own players, which goes "unrecognized." Says it's "big for us." #nyj
Because most of those guys are on short term deals that will most likely be cut the next year. The 2 big players they needed to keep were Folk and Howard. They did neither.
Outside of Co
Rich Cimini @RichCimini
Idzik on CB market: "We were a player in all that. Do you feel like we missed opportunities? No." #nyj
Bullshit.
Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI

Ellis Lankster + Darrin Walls getting major mentions in this conf call. Rex even mentioned Ras-I Dowling just now...
Chris Lopresti @CLoprestiWFAN
Rex now talking up every single CB on the current roster. A stunning development. "I'm happy with the guys we have." #NYJ

Rex being the good company man :( We all know how he feels :'(

We understand coach. Your GM is trying to fuck you over. We got your back.

Nobody is expecting the team to spend all of its money like crazy. They wanted the team to look stronger going into the draft. Jets fans want to build through young talent but there are key needs where proven vets would be better for the team.

Because most of those guys are on short term deals that will most likely be cut the next year. The 2 big players they needed to keep were Folk and Howard. They did neither.
Outside of Co

Bullshit.

Rex being the good company man :( We all know how he feels :'(

We understand coach. Your GM is trying to fuck you over. We got your back.
Thought this was interesting reading:

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/3/20/5529252/jets-were-scrambling-for-drc

Rex Ryan excited Rodgers-Cromartie with a pitch to put the cornerback "on an island" and make him a star. The Giants offered him detailed plans for facing every team in the division, describing how they would use him against specific receivers on the Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins.

Thus, as it always does, it came down to economics. The Giants’ deal, with a $10 million signing bonus and $16 million over the first two years, was superior. The Jets held to the structure of a one-year $6 million deal, with options going forward, until it became clear the Giants were closing in. Only then did the Jets present a different type of structure, with general manager John Idzik scrambling to make up ground while attending Teddy Bridgewater’s pro day. By then, however, it was too late; the Giants had won the intra-stadium battle

Speaking of which, here's the structure of the DRC deal:

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie&Position=CB&Team=Giants

Very cuttable after 2015 which I like. If he doesn't work out, they can designate him a post-June 1st cut easily. Two year deal basically.

Paches

I am nervous about signing Allen. Nervous for our budget when looking at Thomas/Sherman/Wilson. I get a bad feeling Thomas or Sherman (most likely) won't be back after next year.

effzee

I assumed Panthers would make the most sense. Need WR the most and probably willing to give up the most.

Ideally I would want a high 2nd round pick or even a late first round pick for him if we are moving him. Still young, probably the fastest guy in the league, and lethal when he has the ball in his hands.

Don't understand why we are looking to move him. Yeah he has a high salary but I feel its deserved. Do we really want to rely on Maclin who I love but is coming off the ACL tear and Cooper who only gets open cause DJAX?

We don't need to create holes on offense before we shore up the defense. Offense is set. We have the cap space to keep DJAX and the perfect offense to use him to the best of his abilities.

This better not happen.

This is dumb. So all the tape and in game performance is thrown out the window? Because he had a bad pro day?

If I am the GM of a team in need of a QB and picking in the top 10 my ranking of TB doesn't change one bit.

I am nervous about signing Allen. Nervous for our budget when looking at Thomas/Sherman/Wilson. I get a bad feeling Thomas or Sherman (most likely) won't be back after next year.

I don't think we are giving Allen a long term deal that interject into the money saved for Thomas/Sherman.

It's probably some short term win now contract.

Bowser

I assumed Panthers would make the most sense. Need WR the most and probably willing to give up the most.

Ideally I would want a high 2nd round pick or even a late first round pick for him if we are moving him. Still young, probably the fastest guy in the league, and lethal when he has the ball in his hands.

Don't understand why we are looking to move him. Yeah he has a high salary but I feel its deserved. Do we really want to rely on Maclin who I love but is coming off the ACL tear and Cooper who only gets open cause DJAX?

We don't need to create holes on offense before we shore up the defense. Offense is set. We have the cap space to keep DJAX and the perfect offense to use him to the best of his abilities.

This better not happen.

If you're expecting a late first/high second, yeah it won't happen, not with that salary he's got. . I think the most the Panthers would be willing to give up is a 3rd, at best.

Fox318

Thought this was interesting reading:

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/3/20/5529252/jets-were-scrambling-for-drc

Speaking of which, here's the structure of the DRC deal:

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie&Position=CB&Team=Giants

Very cuttable after 2015 which I like. If he doesn't work out, they can designate him a post-June 1st cut easily. Two year deal basically.
That is the Jets system and I don't have a problem with that. If DRC didn't feel comfortable playing man then he shouldn't be in the NFL.

Idzik has painted himself as unwilling to deviate from his number even if it means making the team weaker for the long and short term.

You aren't a hidden guy in the Seahawks anymore John.

Greg

Truth bomb.

Or captain obvious. Not sure which.

I can't remember the last time people were seriously questioning who was going to be picked first. As in, there are more than two choices potentially.
definitely captain obvious, but I don't understand the need of NFL/ESPN/etc. dedicating time to every slight modification of every "analyst" mock

Tom Penny

Sherman can get and will get basically Revis money if has another good year.

That is the Jets system and I don't have a problem with that. If DRC didn't feel comfortable playing man then he shouldn't be in the NFL.

I don't think that's what they're saying. I took it as both teams presented a plan to him that he found agreeable but money ended up being the differentiating factor. Idzik presented himself as not budging from a number...and then wanted to budge but was too late.

...and frankly its great to have a system but if you're not willing to adapt your system to the players on your roster than you won't win in the NFL either. I'm sure Rex understands that and though in public he'll smile and say all of the right things, you know he wanted a corner and he wanted one badly. Be it Revis or DRC.

Fox318

I don't think that's what they're saying. I took it as both teams presented a plan to him that he found agreeable but money ended up being the differentiating factor. Idzik presented himself as not budging from a number...and then wanted to budge but was too late.

...and frankly its great to have a system but if you're not willing to adapt your system to the players on your roster than you won't win in the NFL either. I'm sure Rex understands that and though in public he'll smile and say all of the right things, you know he wanted a corner and he wanted one badly. Be it Revis or DRC.

Giants are having a really good offseason so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom