• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back-Stage-Cam-Newton-Colin-Kaepernick-NFL-player-Joseph-Fauria.jpeg

When did Kaep turn into Humpty Hump?

squicken

squicken

He keeps hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash in his house that can be easily robbed.

That's nuts. I always find it weird when fans side with players from an old, failed regime. Chip clearly knows what he is doing. Seems silly to take a chronically problematic player's side over his

Not like Chip is a hard ass on paying players. I'd say most people thought he payed too much to retain their FAs. He just pays his guys. Guys that buy in to the system

DJax is always talking about different chicks and rapping but I have no idea what "lifestyle" they are talking about, unless that is some racist code word or something. Chip doesn't deserve any loyalty at all, no one does. If you make bad moves I am going to point out that they are bad moves.

Konka

Banned
DJax is always talking about different chicks and rapping but I have no idea what "lifestyle" they are talking about, unless that is some racist code word or something. Chip doesn't deserve any loyalty at all, no one does. If you make bad moves I am going to point out that they are bad moves.

I certainly agree with you and I think getting rid of Jackson is a bad move. While he doesn't deserve loyalty yet I think he does deserve a chance to create a team that he thinks he can make successful.

To be fair our 7 TD 12 Reception catching undrafted rookie Tight End has posted a tweet pic with Cam(not this one but from the same day):
https://twitter.com/BigJoeFauria

I'm expecting a Gronk like season of STDs and TDs from Fauria if he keeps up his partying.

Restore the Roar 2014.
I heard Fauria is training hard this season. If he can improve his blocking and route running he can be a top TE in the league. Lions management was pretty desperate to bring Pettigrew back for his blocking but the reality is that he wasn't even ranked as a top TE blocker last season; and of course we know he drops passes nonstop. Fauria really has a shot at being a big weapon, beyond back shoulder throws in the end zone, he just needs to earn his way onto the field more.

You could tell Schwartz didn't like Fauria's antics and left him on the sidelines a lot (when we weren't in the red zone). But also when Fauria got more play time he didn't really impress outside of the red zone. I believe he's going to fix that over the summer and have a great year.

If the Raiders nabbed DeSean, we'd still have enough to pay our rookies and we'd meet that salary floor.

Depending on what the Ducks Eagles are asking...I could see us pulling the trigger.

squicken

Texans' latest developments mean top pick to be QB

By signing quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and trading Matt Schaub to Oakland, the Texans have given another indication they plan to use their first-round pick on a quarterback.

Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles and Johnny Manziel are candidates to be the first overall pick in the May 8 draft.

If the Texans like more than one of them equally - doubtful, by the way - it's conceivable they could trade down two or three spots and get one they covet.

We'd be naïve to think general manager Rick Smith signed Fitzpatrick, 31, to a two-year, $7.5 million contract to be the full-time starter next season. They signed him to keep the seat warm until coach Bill O'Brien and quarterbacks coach George Godsey believe the rookie is ready.

Whether that's the opening game or midway through the season, a quarterback drafted first overall won't play until he's ready. He has to compete with veterans and earn the job. There will be no rushing the rookie because O'Brien has a five-year contract and a patient owner in Bob McNair.

One reason the Texans wanted Fitzpatrick, a Harvard graduate entering his 10th NFL season, was his reputation for being a terrific team guy and his willingness to work with younger quarterbacks like Tennessee's Jake Locker last season.

"My role was to come in as a mentor for Jake, and, unfortunately, Jake went down with an injury, but we established a real good relationship early," Fitzpatrick (6-2, 221 pounds) said during a conference call with Houston reporters Friday. "I felt like I added a lot to him, just in terms of trying to put some of the experience that I had when I played and give him little nuggets here (and) there (and) try to (help) him a little bit (on) how to study and how to attack film on a Tuesday or Wednesday."

Crisco

Banned
Man, I wonder if Cam just saw all the press Griffin and Peterson got over the last couple off-seasons and wanted to be this year's "amazing recovery from injury" guy. Except not totally fail at it like Griffin did.

Eagles are just sabotaging Jackson to get from under his huge contract. That "lifestyle" crap is just fuel to stoke the flames.

His contract isn't that huge. The Eagles could outright cut him right now and save 6.5 million in cap space. They'd have 6.5 million in dead money but if they designate him a post June 1st cut they could spread that across two years if they chose to. Since the Eagels aren't exactly cash poor, they wouldn't even need to bother. They could take the dead money hit this season and be just fine.

While I agree the lifestyle nonsense is just a means to make the player look bad, its not about the money, IMO. Chip obviously doesn't care for the guy and wants nothing to do with him in his program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom