• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

HallOfHoyer

Hoyer wasn’t drafted and then spent four years sitting behind Tom Brady. No team but the Patriots would know how he was using that valuable time. So when he became available, there wasn’t a mad rush to sign him. Pittsburgh finally did as an emergency QB. Then the Steelers got caught up in numbers and let him go. Then the Cardinals needed an emergency QB. Hoyer made one start after spending most of the year out of football and then bouncing between two teams. Last year, Hoyer displayed toughness, leadership, quick-thinking and good touch on his throws – and then blew out a knee. I don’t know if he can be “the guy.” I don’t know if he can make it through 16 games. But I want to find out. He commands respect with his work ethic, toughness and leadership. The physical part of it is a question to me.

Oh Cleveland

ShaneB

my favorite college course was every one I skipped to play ping pong at the rec

This is you Greg right?

iBZ7arJXM5pyq.gif

MechDX

Squicken you follow Jayson Braddock on twitter? The guy starts breaking down tape and gets serious on the X/O s of the game in tweets. Amazing stuff

jnc nevermind just read comment you made in his TF

squicken

plz Grover. Pippa every time. Tea and crumpet material

Squicken you follow Jayson Braddock on twitter? The guy starts breaking down tape and gets serious on the X/O s of the game in tweets. Amazing stuff

jnc nevermind just read comment you made in his TF

Yeah I started following him after you mentioned him. He definitely has some opinions that go against the grain, some I share and some I don't. I agree with him on Mathews for sure. Watch A&M games it's not like he's some college-Boselli. Can be beat with speed and strength. The worry is he is already as good as he'll get and that's not enough

Now on GROB I disagree. Lots of run heavy OL have had to take sloppy college technique and get coached up.

He loves Sammy Watkins. Thinks ATL should take him, oddly. Good follow. Makes you think b/c he backs up his opinions

tmdorsey

He loves Sammy Watkins. Thinks ATL should take him, oddly. Good follow. Makes you think b/c he backs up his opinions

You know if Clowney, Mack, Robinson and Matthews are all gone by our pick and there were no takers for us to trade down, I wouldn't even be mad if we took Watkins.

I don't see Watkins make it past the Raiders at 5. Schaub needs to badly underthrow someone.

He might be underthrowing Desean Jackson:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3h
Yup. Oak and Jets look like most likely RT @BogieWilks: @RapSheet think Raiders still considering Desean trade after acquiring Matt Schaub?

If the Raiders make that trade, I think they then try and move down and draft Aaron Donald

squicken

He might be underthrowing Desean Jackson:

If the Raiders make that trade, I think they then try and move down and draft Aaron Donald

Would be wise to try and get a couple back to offset the two they lost on Schoob and DJAX. Good spot for them, though, being able to absorb those contracts. It will be curious if DJAX demands he gets an extension

Mmmmm.

A double cheese, triple feta, pepperoni pizza just for me.

This makes me want to start a Velvet Underground cover band.

Thanks for the tip Sanjury. <3

Any of you guys have the WWE Network? Thinking about giving it a shot today since the Trial ends today.

Just worried that there will be issues come Wrestlemania watching it live.

whatever happened to jacoby ford? i thought he was going to be pretty good after that stretch he had 2 years ago with the raiders and then i heard nothing about him last year. if nothing else he was at least a terror in madden!

Mmmmm.

A double cheese, triple feta, pepperoni pizza just for me.

This makes me want to start a Velvet Underground cover band.

Thanks for the tip Sanjury. <3

We had company over to our new place and got pizza from Falbo Bros a block east of us. Kept it simple, two thin crust pizzas, one pepperoni and one buffalo chicken. Real good stuff.

Most exciting thing about moving into an urban area are the local eateries. I'm going from dinky chains like Little Caesars and Pizza Hut to local operations that taste like their employees give a damn about their work.

Most exciting thing about moving into an urban area are the local eateries. I'm going from dinky chains like Little Caesars and Pizza Hut to local operations that taste like their employees give a damn about their work.
I've eaten a good 2/3 of Detroit's best pizza since I moved here although you can't beat gaming Domino's for a large with whatever toppings you want for $7.50.

Buffalo Chicken sounds bomb though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I've eaten a good 2/3 of Detroit's best pizza since I moved here although you can't beat gaming Domino's for a large with whatever toppings you want for $7.50.

Buffalo Chicken sounds bomb though.

Yeah the 50% coupon is ridiculous. My local Dominos has a minimum delivery price so I just ordered two medium thin crust pizzas, one BBQ chicken and one Pepperoni extreme or whatever. A little bit of both and lots of leftovers because that Pepperoni thing is rich even for thin crust.

Konka

Banned
Hmmm I was going to order from a local chain but that 50% offer might be too tempting

Way I figure it is that I can always order from the local chain however you only get the half off coupon a couple times a year. Load up on whatever topping you usually don't get because it'd be too expensive.

Any of you guys have the WWE Network? Thinking about giving it a shot today since the Trial ends today.

Just worried that there will be issues come Wrestlemania watching it live.
It's pretty cool. There's going to be issues during Wrestlemania no doubt. They had problems during NXT Arrival so hopefully they'll be more prepared this time.

I recall the conversation a while back regarding Cuban sandwiches and how the pics posted got me crazily hungry, so later next week I'm going to give Cubanitas on Milwaukee St a shot. I'm sure it'll pale in comparison to a sandwich shop in Miami, but I'm quite eager to see what all the fuss is about.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I had a Cuban sandwich for the first time at a place called "El Rey" in Houston.

It was awful. I'm holding out hope that they're just bad at making them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom