• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, PFF data = not really reliable in evaluating safeties. And they still might bring Nate back. We'll see.

None of their data is reliable? Why is that? I think that missed tackles is a huge stat for a safety. I get downplaying their position rankings, but to say that the stats dont matter seems wrong to me.

Redskins sign Panthers UFA tackle Bruce Campbell. This is all you need to know about him.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 56s
Given #Panthers' need at tackle, the fact they weren't all that interested in bringing back Campbell tells you what they think about him.

FMT don't be that guy.

Pats update:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 22s

#Patriots have brought in WR Brandon LaFell and are open to signing him. If not, another team showing huge interest? The #Broncos #GameOn
Do the Broncos have a cap? Yeesh.

Redskins:

@MikeGarafolo reporting @Redskins sign T Bruce Campbell to one-year

Rorschach

Redskins sign Panthers UFA tackle Bruce Campbell. This is all you need to know about him.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 56s
Given #Panthers' need at tackle, the fact they weren't all that interested in bringing back Campbell tells you what they think about him.

FMT don't be that guy.

I think Campbell can make a decent RT or RG

squicken

I'll miss ya Clem.

... He's going to sign with Jacksonville, isn't he

Jags when SEA releases a player

ef28TQS.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
@AlbertBreer
Least cap room in the NFL as of midnight: 1) New Orleans $2.4M, 2) Pittsburgh $6.1M, 3) Detroit $7.5M, 4) Carolina $8.0M, 5) Chicago $8.2M.

@AlbertBreer
Most cap room in the NFL as of midnight: 1) Oakland $59.9M, 2) Cleveland $49.0M, 3) Jacksonville $48.1M, 4) Miami $35.7M, 5) Jets $34.2M.

Cowboys at 8.8m

eznark

Banned
Joique Bell is such a fucking class act. Man I wish he would realize he is so much better than second fiddle to an old piece of shit has been and get the fuck outta Detroit.

gutshot

None of their data is reliable? Why is that? I think that missed tackles is a huge stat for a safety. I get downplaying their position rankings, but to say that the stats dont matter seems wrong to me.

Well their rankings are based on their data. So if the rankings are flawed it is only because some or all of the underlying data is flawed.

Coverage responsibility is one that is often skewed, since it can be hard, if not impossible, to definitively pin the blame on a blown coverage on one guy. Even missed tackles can be a misleading stat. You have to be in position to make a tackle to even miss one, so having a lot of missed tackles means you are consistently taking good angles to the ball. For example, Earl Thomas had the 2nd most missed tackles last season. Yet he's one of the best safeties in the game, if not the best.

Again, anyone who has formed an opinion of Jenkins based on stats alone is not someone worth listening to. I like to listen to those who've actually watched the tape and made an evaluation on his skill level based on what they see on film.

Steve Smith's agent is saying that he will not be playing in Carolina next year.

Time to pour one out and hope to god that neither Tampa, Atlanta, or New Orleans signs him.

_woLf

Denver is going all-in this year. Makes me wonder if Manning's neck results were different than reported and he's going to be done after next year.

Nice .gif of a girl taking her panties off right on the top of the page you heathens.

Some of us decent godfearing folk have jobs, you know.

cdyhybrid

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m

While many older pass rushers might not do so well, talking to evaluators, sense is Ware could get $10M or more/year in Denver

While many older pass rushers might not do so well, talking to evaluators, sense is Ware could get $10M or more/year in Denver

Goodell has chosen to look the other way while the Broncos obliterate the salary cap.

P.Manning winning a Owl is good for the league.

Bread

Banned

lol wtf are they really going to pay all these old people and not have money for their young core players?

Crisco

Banned
LaFell isn't really that bad, and I can see why the Patriots would want him with how much they went to the power run game last year. He is a very good down field blocker. Catching the ball though, he's just a guy, not really a play maker and not consistent enough to be a reliable starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom