• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2: Free Agency or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Squicken

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando14

They're mortgaging their future at this point.

Denver is going to have 3-5 years of basement dwelling the day Manning leaves.

Pretty much. They're pretty much shouting from the rooftops that after this year we can expect a long chunk of downtime.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Denver took their SB loss hard and are going all in before their window closes. Gonna suck for them in a few years, though.

And they still need an offense that won't get shut out!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm going to laugh when Elway leaves the Broncos when Peyton retires.

"Great party guys but I left a dead hooker in the bedroom, your cat died from a drug overdose, and a goat is eating your couch....gotta go!"

Could you blame him? Who is going to want to clean up the mess that will be left?

I'm not sure if you're being witty by knowing where I am, and then saying 'figures!', or you're legit curious :p

I'm in Toronto.

I may be moving to Toronto later this year...it's like that all the time isn't it?

And got damn, Elway! Take it easy on those signings.

Hope none of those players bust since that's a lot of dead money if things don't pan out and they have to cut them later. Is Ware even any good in a 4-3? Or are they gonna shift to a hybrid?

I dunno what to even make of all this action going on. Still need LBs too. Maybe they have somebody in mind at 31st spot.

Jarnet87

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 12m
People close to Smith have said the thought of him playing in the NFC South and getting two cracks at Panthers is very enticing.

I'd love to see him on the Bucs but I doubt it would happen. We desperately need a #2 receiver. Mike Williams shined in his rookie year but hasn't produced consistently since then.

Crisco

Banned
Joe Person ‏@josephperson 12m
People close to Smith have said the thought of him playing in the NFC South and getting two cracks at Panthers is very enticing.

damnit.gif

Would have to be the Falcons IMO, too much bad blood between him and some players on the Bucs/Saints. He'd be pretty dangerous playing in slot with Julio Jones and Roddy White on the outside.

Wes

venison crêpe
I can see it now, Peyton gets injured shooting a Papa Johns commercial during the summer. Out for the season.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think the Broncs can go undefeated pretty easily if these guys pan out... thats a big IF obviously given the health risks in Talib and Ware, but damn that defense could be fierce if Von is fully healthy.

Pats are going to have to make some serious moves to compete. Gotta be Revis, Finley, and Jared, please kraft get something done.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Good point:

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN
#Broncos need all the talent they can get. After facing #Seahawks in Super Bowl, they face every NFC West team in 2014.

I think the Broncs can go undefeated pretty easily if these guys pan out... thats a big IF obviously given the health risks in Talib and Ware, but damn that defense could be fierce if Von is fully healthy.

Pats are going to have to make some serious moves to compete. Gotta be Revis, Finley, and Jared, please kraft get something done.

Pats arent going to do anything.

TheFatOne

They will make the playoffs and come up short again.

Most likely unless they can add some serious talent to the defense. If by some miracle they could get Revis they would be alright. Especially if Ryan continues to progress. Not sure even with Revis plus some other pieces they could beat the Seahawks, or Broncos.

God no. The winters here are pretty mild compared to what I'm used to. You'll get a day like this every now and then, and some cold days sure, but days like this are still rare.

Cool deal. DC is not considered very cold either (at least compared to the rest of the northeastern seaboard) but this winter has sucked. Coming from Southern California before DC, just trying to prep myself for how bad it can get - I've seen plenty of blustery days from my gf's home in Calgary.

Steve Smith ‏@89SteveSmith 9m
I will always be a Carolina panther No contract can ever change that CLT is my home and will always be my home... I love you #panthernation

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 6m
There ya go RT @89SteveSmith: But I still have a lil bit of football left in me.... #agent89 Out. #iceupson

569210028.gif

It's Cam and Kuechly's team now. For better or for worse.

Bread

Banned
BOOM.

No we won't. All this comes off the books in three years, including Peyton. Should be fine for a rebuild.

Have a good day friends!
they'll have to rebuild the entire team after 3 years lmao

what happens if peyton retires after this season? that team isn't doing shit for the next 5 or 6 years.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Most likely unless they can add some serious talent to the defense. If by some miracle they could get Revis they would be alright. Especially if Ryan continues to progress. Not sure even with Revis plus some other pieces they could beat the Seahawks, or Broncos.

I disagree, Revis was by far the best D player in the league before his injury, and in the right system should be able to do some damage again. If they can snag Revis, another cheap corner (Cromartie, Finnegan, etc), or some good pieces on offense they'll be right in the mix. Brady just needs a few weapons to make their O elite and their are plenty of cheap options, and their D was on a role this year prior to the injuries.

- Revis and Dennard/Ryan would be enough as it is
- Mayo, Hightower, and Collins will all be healthy, and the focus here is coverage finally with Collins out there
- Big vince back to plug up the middle

They've been a CB away from a top 10 defense for a while now, if guys can find a way to stay healthy they'd be fine.

Jarnet87

they'll have to rebuild the entire team after 3 years lmao

what happens if peyton retires after this season? that team isn't doing shit for the next 5 or 6 years.

Hope and pray Osweiler is any good, or get lucky and have another franchise qb get cut from their team.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Has any player other than Adrian Peterson come back from an ACL tear to have their best season? Just curious..

Crisco

Banned
Why is Denver getting all these defensive players? They scored 7 points, after the game was already decided. They need to upgrade their shitty offense and dump that choking bum of a QB.

TheFatOne

I disagree, Revis was by far the best D player in the league before his injury, and in the right system should be able to do some damage again. If they can snag Revis, another cheap corner (Cromartie, Finnegan, etc), or some good pieces on offense they'll be right in the mix. Brady just needs a few weapons to make their O elite and their are plenty of cheap options, and their D was on a role this year prior to the injuries.

- Revis and Dennard/Ryan would be enough as it is
- Mayo, Hightower, and Collins will all be healthy, and the focus here is coverage finally with Collins out there
- Big vince back to plug up the middle

They've been a CB away from a top 10 defense for a while now, if guys can find a way to stay healthy they'd be fine.
Feel like the Pats dline is still weak especailly the DE spot opposite of Jones.Ninkovich is a solid player, but they could use an upgrade there. If Revis returns as the player he once was Pats defense would be legit. Offensively I'm not sure though. Don't know who they could grab right now to bolster the offense. Edleman plus another guy would be nice. In that scenario the Pats could be very good. I just don't think it's likely.

_woLf

Why is Denver getting all these defensive players? They scored 7 points, after the game was already decided. They need to upgrade their shitty offense and dump that choking bum of a QB.
I think the theory may be get a defense that doesn't allow the other team to score 43 points in the superbowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom