• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

Hindl

I'll never understand why people always start freaking out when they first hear contract details, it's never as bad as it first sounds and yet people go through this every single contract smh.

Yeah, and I do appreciate seeing the final details. I always find it interesting to see how GMs navigate the cap by front-loading contracts in a way to make it team friendly

Respect

Not the end of the world really with the cap increasing.

Also pays to not have an elite quarterback on the roster.

This is false.

buttfumble.gif

MechDX

Not the end of the world really with the cap increasing.

Also pays to not have an elite quarterback on the roster.

Broncos had 80 million in cap space next year based on this year's cap before this deal. Of course they don't have a lot of players under contract for next year either.

They do have space though

Not sure if this was posted. Karlos Williams (Bills) is suspended 4 games:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/15/karlos-williams-suspended-four-games/

Bills running back Karlos Williams will have more time to lose the pregnancy sympathy weight.

The league has suspended Williams four games for violating the substance-abuse policy. He’ll be eligible to return to the team on Monday, October 3, a day after the team’s Week Four game against the Patriots.

“As an organization, we are disappointed that Karlos has put himself in this situation,” the Bills said in a statement. “Poor decisions such as this affect not only the individual, but the entire Bills organization. We will continue to work with Karlos through the various player programs we provide to assist him in making better decisions moving forward.”

I'll never understand why people always start freaking out when they first hear contract details, it's never as bad as it first sounds and yet people go through this every single contract smh.
It's a constant pet peeve of mine as you well know. It's exactly the reaction agents, etc. are looking for when they release those big numbers into the wild. More often than not, alot of these "crazy" contracts are pretty team friendly.

Hindl

Broncos had 80 million in cap space next year based on this year's cap before this deal. Of course they don't have a lot of players under contract for next year either.

They do have space though

Yeah I couldn't believe that. They are barely fitting in under the cap this year, but next year they are gonna have more cap space than almost any other team. Even with Von they still have like $59 million to play around with

Ravens...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
The #Ravens have struck a long-term extension for kicker Justin Tucker, source said.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 38s38 seconds ago
Ravens and Justin Tucker agree on 4-year, $16.8 million deal that includes $10.8 million guaranteed, per source.

Yeah I couldn't believe that. They are barely fitting in under the cap this year, but next year they are gonna have more cap space than almost any other team. Even with Von they still have like $59 million to play around with

Elway has been great with the salary cap. They have language in DT's contract that can push 9 million out of this year into future years. They haven't enacted that clause.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Did everyone already make fun of detroit for scheduling a day to honor the 25th anniversary of their lone super bowl era playoff win?

Hindl

Wait really??

Lol yup

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...1-detroit-lions-washington-redskins/87073160/

Twenty-five years after they played in their only NFC championship game, the Detroit Lions will honor the 1991 team that went 12-4 and won the NFC Central Division.

The Lions won their only playoff game of the Super Bowl era in the 1991 season, beating the Dallas Cowboys, 38-6, in the divisional round. Many thought that the Lions were poised to become regular Super Bowl contenders after that season, but the team never paired star running back Barry Sanders with a reliable quarterback.

The Lions have gone winless in seven playoff appearances since.

Friends.. I'm buying the Overwatch. Will I be happy?

Says the Browns fan
Are you imply that I am racist for liking the Browns? Did we forget your qb's political affiliation?

inerfsghwytehdnwteahesrtywusjedwdew.jpg

Tammy stepping on my dick is my final humiliation for 2016.

You stepped on your own dick with such stupid bets.
Exactly.. You have only yourself to blame Grova.

Pls settle down, This aggression is Unneeded.

You have Floyd to blame
No.. Blame BG for trying to shame into being less negative. This is your fault BG.

Oh.. Sorry.

who took advantage of you this time grovo?
He played himself Bread.

I believe I had a one week avatar bet with a few from hawks gaf right? I'm sure one of you nerds will pull up the details
Like I told Dega... Save your damn receipts Chris. You're a businessman so I expect more of you friend.

Niners...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
49ers LB Aaron Lynch suspended for first four games.

Some big names playing on the franchise tag with no long term deals after the 4PM cutoff:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
And so, 4 pm has struck: Officially no deals for Alshon Jeffery, Mo Wilkerson, Trumaine Johnson, Eric Berry, Kirk Cousins.

Top Bottom