• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

What the fuck did you all do Boban?

Cameron is resigning.. Here comes Boris and Scotland and North Ireland will say deuces.. Jesus David Cameron might potentially have destroyed the UK. Amazing.

What's FMT doing?
Probably raising his daughter.. You'll have to settle for Scooter.

More scared than ever of a Trump win

Why UK :'[
Well.. The good news is
A)Thank god for minorities that will prevent that from happening.
B)The inevitable fuckery that is going to arise Hillary can tie back to his comments (which she will)
C)He has fucked every advantage that he has been given so far and his campaign's financial status is a trainwreck so far.

cdyhybrid

Boban, move to Seattle. We have better beer, we can talk about how much we hate the Pats, and we won't vote for the racist/xenophobic campaign.

Accept Russell into your life.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Won't happen, needs unanimous approval from all member countries and there's no way that will happen.

Silly cunts have ruined this country.

Which ones would say no though? I'm not fully up to date on intra-European relations other than everyone hating Germany except for France

Fox318

Today was a reminder that the US has an advantage with having an ocean between us and Europe and not having thousands of years of geopolitical mess to deal with with every single issue.

Fox318

Financial markets sure are reacting to uncertainty.
I don't think anyone expected this.

I'm not shocked though that people would want out of the EU or at least people would be sympathetic to the issue.

Look at what regulations the EU lays down against a company like Microsoft with Internet explorer and such. Some would say they are making progress with some regulations but they also do that to protect their interests while indoctrinating the world. American and other companies would rather comply than fight it so it becomes the norm.

i'm a retired old man now!

i was thinking the other day what if when my daughter grows up she has a neogaf account and looks up all the terrible things i've said over the years. what IF!

better start going back and editing all my posts

Replace them with shirtless Harbaugh pictures, that way you will only need to edit 30% of your posts to match your other 70%.

Which ones would say no though? I'm not fully up to date on intra-European relations other than everyone hating Germany except for France

They'll say no, it just won't be a majority no in most of the countries until literally a significant portion of the old racists die out, which could take a few years or could take decades. Everyone else has to deal with the consequences until then

Fox318

One thing I will say about the EU is they showed their colors when Ukraine was invaded. Ukraine have up their nukes in hopes that they would be protected from such a thing.

Also Europe forsnt have the advantage the US has with a strong centralised national goverment and a common language or culture. People in Massachusetts can move to South Carolina of there are jobs there but nobody is moving from Greece to Belgium.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens next.

Fox318

Nah. As angry as this makes me, financially I'll be OK for the next couple of years at least and US politics still leans more to the right than the UK. We'll see how much this emboldens the right wing here though, need Labour to get their shit together.
Ehh there are benefits to having a nation to the right on some issues. I mean things like not having a government regulated and censored internet, police state monetering, and a marketplace with less regulation can have it's benifts. I mean the police and the government was the ones arresting, drafting, and killing Americans in the 60s. Maybe giving them laws to enforce could be a good thing.

Frankly a balance should be struck in most issues but the problem now is people are unwilling to compromise on any issue because they want to use it in political capital as part of another deal.

Its why line item veto would be a godsend. It would allow Congress to pass agreeable things without turning it into a poker chip for bigger issues.

It's why the GOP does nothing today. Half of them were elected to either overthrow the current president or sit and do nothing.

JABEE

One thing I will say about the EU is they showed their colors when Ukraine was invaded. Ukraine have up their nukes in hopes that they would be protected from such a thing.

Also Europe forsnt have the advantage the US has with a strong centralised national goverment and a common language or culture. People in Massachusetts can move to South Carolina of there are jobs there but nobody is moving from Greece to Belgium.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens next.

Yes. I'm not even sure why the UK is leaving. I haven't been following.

I can understand a country wanting Sovereignty. I don't think the USA would want to be part of an alliance where they didn't have complete veto powers. The only reason the USA is part of the UN is they have veto powers and exist as the muscle behind any action the UN takes. They ostensibly decide.

My guess is British people think that although there will be short term turmoil in the market, England is better off on its own, apart from the European Union bureaucracy. UK is a large enough power on its own that they do not want to have to listen to what Germany or France has to say about a particular issue or economic policy. The UK already has its own currency and monetary controls.

I'm not sure what the real impacts will be for this change versus the reactionary financial market response. I'm sure the politicians in England will maintain the similar systems and agreements that were in place prior to this split. The money is the same. I guess it looks bad for the European Union though. The EU is a much weaker power structure without the UK.

Any European posters, tell me if I am completely wrong. I know this topic is associated with nationalism like the Scottish and Quebec independence movement. Potential economic recession versus "country first" rhetoric.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
On the bright side, a weaker currency should theoretically bolster UK exports...eventually.

Edit: I think much of the vote was driven by the Syrian refugee crisis. The U.K. really just wanted none of that mess that would come with being an EU member.

JABEE

On the bright side, a weaker currency should theoretically bolster UK exports...eventually.

Edit: I think much of the vote was driven by the Syrian refugee crisis. The U.K. really just wanted none of that mess that would come with being an EU member.

Seems like an overreaction if that was the main issue.

Fox318

Yes. I'm not even sure why the UK is leaving. I haven't been following.

I can understand a country wanting Sovereignty. I don't think the USA would want to be part of an alliance where they didn't have complete veto powers. The only reason the USA is part of the UN is they have veto powers and exist as the muscle behind any action the UN takes. They ostensibly decide.

My guess is British people think that although there will be short term turmoil in the market, England is better off on its own, apart from the European Union bureaucracy. UK is a large enough power on its own that they do not want to have to listen to what Germany or France has to say about a particular issue or economic policy. The UK already has its own currency and monetary controls.

I'm not sure what the real impacts will be for this change versus the reactionary financial market response. I'm sure the politicians in England will maintain the similar systems and agreements that were in place prior to this split. The money is the same. I guess it looks bad for the European Union though. The EU is a much weaker power structure without the UK.

Any European posters, tell me if I am completely wrong. I know this topic is associated with nationalism like the Scottish and Quebec independence movement. Potential economic recession versus "country first" rhetoric.

It was always odd that they had their own currency but I also dont see the UK having the political power it thinks it has. Right now they are the old guy who hangs out at his old high school and thinks he is a tough guy because he is 20 years older and remembers when he was on the basketball team. Except any young 18 year old could kick his ass and outsmart him.

The worst of Europe is in Switzerland though. For as neutral as they claim to be they have no qualms profiting off murder, corrumption. Money laundering, and arms sales to any buyer. There is a reason why a den of crime like FIFA flourished in that nation.

Mindlog

This will likely put any talk of moving a team to London on hold.
Or accelerate it if someone wants to buy land and a stadium.
Either way the Falcons still suck.

Fox318

Looks like relatives of mine in England are cashing out

pNijwxI.jpg

What happened to Sweeney?

Ehh there are benefits to having a nation to the right on some issues. I mean things like not having a government regulated and censored internet, police state monetering, and a marketplace with less regulation can have it's benifts. I mean the police and the government was the ones arresting, drafting, and killing Americans in the 60s. Maybe giving them laws to enforce could be a good thing.

Frankly a balance should be struck in most issues but the problem now is people are unwilling to compromise on any issue because they want to use it in political capital as part of another deal.

Its why line item veto would be a godsend. It would allow Congress to pass agreeable things without turning it into a poker chip for bigger issues.

It's why the GOP does nothing today. Half of them were elected to either overthrow the current president or sit and do nothing.
The Court would have to overturn Clinton v New York City. They were clear that Line Item Veto was unconstitutional.

Pretty much.. Gotta keep the Brown people out. fuck Cameron for doing this.

Seems like an overreaction if that was the main issue.
Just a little Jabee..

Top Bottom