• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

UK is going to get fucked, especially London, more than the rest of the world.

But the trend towards the right is a worldwide thing, not just the UK. People are losing their shit.

Good thing would be when the financial center switches to Amsterdam from London.

Dumb ignorant racists. The world really is going to shit.

Fox318

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 55m55 minutes ago

NFL "monitoring" situation in UK

Potential RIP regular season games at ol' Wembley Stadium, eh?

All those years Goodell spent trying to build up football interest in the UK because of Europe is gonna go down the drain if people have to go through customs every time they want to go to a game.

Fox318

I want to go to the streets of Europe and interview people if they think Norway should leave the EU.

Norway isn't in the EU

Fantomex

I want to buy a home soon before I'm priced out lol

You're already priced out. You just haven't found out yet friend :(

P.S. I really can't stand Ben Affleck now. I mean before he annoyed me, but him and Mark Whalberg love everything about Boston. They probably even love the racism as well.

You're already priced out. You just haven't found out yet friend :(

P.S. I really can't stand Ben Affleck now. I mean before he annoyed me, but him and Mark Whalberg love everything about Boston. They probably even love the racism as well.

Not in the valley...yet but if I don't hurry up I will be.

Pey Pey says Brock is going to have a great year!

Not as awesome as Savage, but good!

brock.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
All those years Goodell spent trying to build up football interest in the UK because of Europe is gonna go down the drain if people have to go through customs every time they want to go to a game.

Move it to Frankfurt and that'd solve most of the problem

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You could buy a house in Pasadena, South Pasadena for around 10k-20k in the late 70's, early 80's. When you factor wages and cost of living it was a cakewalk. Only during Jimmy Carter's 1979 oil embargo was it somewhat hard.

Now those homes go north of 700k probably more.

You could buy a house in Pasadena, South Pasadena for around 10k-20k in the late 70's, early 80's. When you factor wages and cost of living it was a cakewalk. Only during Jimmy Carter's 1979 oil embargo was it somewhat hard.

My friends dad bought his home in Sylmar for $60k and is now selling it for $500k....he's going to retire in Costa Rica

Fantomex

Not in the valley...yet but if I don't hurry up I will be.

Dude, I'll live in an apartment in Commerce before even thinking of moving to the valley. One of the worst living experiences I've ever seen. My mom lives in North Hollywood, hot as hell, nasty traffic, horrible people, road rage everywhere, no parking, congested, tight living spaces, no parking, horrible weather, no parking. It's like God allowed Satan to have an embassy in California.

It's crazy to talk to my parents about how affordable LA was back in the day, when there was actually manufacturing jobs in the area. My dad worked at an airplane factory in Hawthorne and lived in a condo on the beach in Venice. Granted Venice wasn't much to write home about in the 70s but that area is all gentrified and expensive as fuck now. Was probably a sweet ass life for a bachelor.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's crazy to talk to my parents about how affordable LA was back in the day, when there was actually manufacturing jobs in the area. My dad worked at an airplane factory in Hawthorne and lived in a condo on the beach in Venice. Granted Venice wasn't much to write home about in the 70s but that area is all gentrified and expensive as fuck now. Was probably a sweet ass life for a bachelor.

Yep, you could work manufacturing jobs, construction, any job really, save your money and buy a home in a nice area for such a ridiculously low amount of money. The prices slowly increased in the 1990's for 80k-150k and then skyrocketed in the 2000's.

Put the cash down in the early 80's and you had the title in your name.

If you just sat on the home and fixed it up you could either stay as the house value increased, fix it up rent it out and buy another property.

Oh and get this there were no student loan debts to worry about if you decided to go to school.

Our generation really got fucked over in so many ways.

Dude, I'll live in an apartment in Commerce before even thinking of moving to the valley. One of the worst living experiences I've ever seen. My mom lives in North Hollywood, hot as hell, nasty traffic, horrible people, road rage everywhere, no parking, congested, tight living spaces, no parking, horrible weather, no parking. It's like God allowed Satan to have an embassy in California.

Fanto, was the perks in Commerce was good as people talk about? Free public transportation and other stuff. I live on borderline Commerce/East L.A. area

The reality for my generation is that many of us will never own a home. Many of us will never have a life-long career. Many of us won't live in the same place our whole lives. We'll spend the greater part of our lives paying off debt we accumulated over the course of 4-6 years, if that.

If you want to work, you've got to move. You've got to continuously learn new skills, re-educate yourself. The situation in this country overall for unions is shit, so we can be fired and lose everything at a whim. Not much logic rooting yourself financially to any one place under these conditions.

A woman I love has crippling 6-figure debt. That factors into her whole life. Where she lives, what careers she can pursue, who she can marry, how many kids she can have, fucking everything. She's 25 years old.

Sorry for my little millennial rant (and it's not like other generations aren't dealing with these circumstances currently). The world adults presented to us when we were kids is dead. Now those adults don't know what to do and are voting for Trump.

bionic77

I want to go to the streets of Europe and interview people if they think Norway should leave the EU.

Norway isn't in the EU
One of the big google searches today in England was people searching what the EU is.

People are so fucking stupid.

I can't wait until we move to a robot democracy.

Fox318

One of the big google searches today in England was people searching what the EU is.

People are so fucking stupid.

I can't wait until we move to a robot democracy.

Part of a politicians job is to convince people of an issue.

Just as much blame falls on UK leaders as does the EU doing a poor job convincing the majority of the 4th or 5th largest economy in the world that the EU is good for them.

Spain and Greece are gonna be next. The UK having control of their own economy has a huge advantage over the rest of the EU and frankly the EU and Merkel showed exactly how strong the Union is when they did nothing when Russia started attacking aircraft and invading foreign nations.

All are to blame.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The reality for my generation is that many of us will never own a home. Many of us will never have a life-long career. Many of us won't live in the same place our whole lives. We'll spend the greater part of our lives paying off debt we accumulated over the course of 4-6 years, if that.

If you want to work, you've got to move. You've got to continuously learn new skills, re-educate yourself. The situation in this country overall for unions is shit, so we can be fired and lose everything at a whim. Not much logic rooting yourself financially to any one place under these conditions.

A woman I love has crippling 6-figure debt. That factors into her whole life. Where she lives, what careers she can pursue, who she can marry, how many kids she can have, fucking everything. She's 25 years old.

Sorry for my little millennial rant (and it's not like other generations aren't dealing with these circumstances currently). The world adults presented to us when we were kids is dead. Now those adults don't know what to do and are voting for Trump.

*Sigh*

And you're exactly right on your first paragraph.

Well I've lived on the west side my whole life, never past east of Reseda so one I've had a different experience lol even for work until my current job (van nuys) it's been on the west side.

Part of a politicians job is to convince people of an issue.

Just as much blame falls on UK leaders as does the EU doing a poor job convincing the majority of the 4th or 5th largest economy in the world that the EU is good for them.

Spain and Greece are gonna be next. The UK having control of their own economy has a huge advantage over the rest of the EU and frankly the EU and Merkel showed exactly how strong the Union is when they did nothing when Russia started attacking aircraft and invading foreign nations.

All are to blame.
I agree with the bolded. Cameron should never had put it on the floor just to save his own ass. I get why he did it and it makes sense. But the consequences of it should have stopped him from doing it.

But what the hell did Corbyn do to prevent this garbage? Both should probably be put on their ass.

And now Scotland will (question of when, not if at this point) leave and even North Ireland might reunify now. This is a catastrophe and there are no good answers and Boris is coming most likely since Labor is a mess. Pray for Boban indeed.

The only thing from my perspective that the EU can do is blackball and make an example of England to make sure that no one gets any other ideas about jumping out.

Fox318

I agree with the bolded. Cameron should never had put it on the floor just to save his own ass. I get why he did it and it makes sense. But the consequences of it should have stopped him from doing it.

But what the hell did Corbyn do to prevent this garbage? Both should probably be put on their ass.

And now Scotland will (question of when, not if at this point) leave and even North Ireland might reunify now. This is a catastrophe and there are no good answers and Boris is coming most likely since Labor is a mess. Pray for Boban indeed.

The only thing from my perspective that the EU can do is blackball and make an example of England to make sure that no one gets any other ideas about jumping out.

For as much as the EU wants to become the US they don't share a common language, majority religion, common pop culture, military, and the foundations for a strong nationalized government.

Plus they have kinda members with things like Norway in Nato and the Swiss having their hands in everything and acting as a center base for much of the greed related issues.

Compact that with a low cost labor problem combined with massive migration, terrorism, and communities that don't encourage integration and you have the current mess you have now.

Top Bottom