• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason 2016 |OT4| - XTREME FANS ONLY - WOOOO TRAINING CAMP

I've decided to announce my candidacy for NFL-GAF president.

I realize my chances at winning are non existent. I'm doing it just to publicize my talking points and to pull Slo toward a more radical Vikings platform.

XYVVlhy.png

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The reality for my generation is that many of us will never own a home. Many of us will never have a life-long career. Many of us won't live in the same place our whole lives. We'll spend the greater part of our lives paying off debt we accumulated over the course of 4-6 years, if that.

If you want to work, you've got to move. You've got to continuously learn new skills, re-educate yourself. The situation in this country overall for unions is shit, so we can be fired and lose everything at a whim. Not much logic rooting yourself financially to any one place under these conditions.

A woman I love has crippling 6-figure debt. That factors into her whole life. Where she lives, what careers she can pursue, who she can marry, how many kids she can have, fucking everything. She's 25 years old.

Sorry for my little millennial rant (and it's not like other generations aren't dealing with these circumstances currently). The world adults presented to us when we were kids is dead. Now those adults don't know what to do and are voting for Trump.

Half the trick is living where it's affordable.

Yeah people shit on the "flyover states" but if you can find good work in something stable, the "American Dream" can still be had. Minneapolis, Texas, OKC, Nashville, etc. are all places with the right skills and training that a person can make a career.

If the Dutch ever decide to leave the EA, I'm definitely moving to the US as soon as possible (unless we get President Trump, then off to Canada or Germany I go).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I've decided to announce my candidacy for NFL-GAF president.

I realize my chances at winning are non existent. I'm doing it just to publicize my talking points and to pull Slo toward a more radical Vikings platform.

A Vikings fan as president?

The whole roof would cave in and Gata would get arrested for lewd acts on bionic's boat. Oh and there'd be child abuse.

Yeah people shit on the "flyover states" but if you can find good work in something stable, the "American Dream" can still be had. Minneapolis, Texas, OKC, Nashville, etc. are all places with the right skills and training that a person can make a career.
This. 80 percent if the population lives in 20 percent of the country. More people need to move to ídaho and Kentucky instead of New York and California.

Malalaw

All I could really offer as president is donuts and maybe sometime authentic Cajun cuisine.

But y'all might not be ready for that.

Being able to move to where the jobs are and housing is cheap is a luxury. Often times people have relatives or loved ones that rely on them and they can't just pick up and leave.

Slo

The reality for my generation is that many of us will never own a home. Many of us will never have a life-long career. Many of us won't live in the same place our whole lives. We'll spend the greater part of our lives paying off debt we accumulated over the course of 4-6 years, if that.

If you want to work, you've got to move. You've got to continuously learn new skills, re-educate yourself. The situation in this country overall for unions is shit, so we can be fired and lose everything at a whim. Not much logic rooting yourself financially to any one place under these conditions.

A woman I love has crippling 6-figure debt. That factors into her whole life. Where she lives, what careers she can pursue, who she can marry, how many kids she can have, fucking everything. She's 25 years old.

Sorry for my little millennial rant (and it's not like other generations aren't dealing with these circumstances currently). The world adults presented to us when we were kids is dead. Now those adults don't know what to do and are voting for Trump.

Get busy livin', or get busy flippin' burgers.

MechDX

Squicken is Peyton Manning

“I look forward to this year being a fan of a lot of teams and people I have connections with,” Manning said. “I’ll be pulling for Brock. I know he’s going to have a great year.”

Manning said he’ll also root for his two former teams, the Broncos and Colts, as well as the Giants (his brother’s team), the Lions (his former Colts coach Jim Caldwell’s team) and the Dolphins (his former Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase’s team).

Top Bottom