• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

bionic77

So how are you liking it compared to the other GBA Fire Emblem's, and hard/casual for life (I reset if a char dies, but man in game saves save so much time if you don't abuse it).

The Darkest Red made a thread on gaming that's basically turned into rate the Fire Emblems (People have been raiting the Japanese exclusive ones as well).
I like the 2D battle animations more (2D > 3D). Otherwise I like everything more in the 3DS version. That is saying something because the GBA games are some of my favorite games of all time.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Thanks to some shady business operations by my creditors, I now have $320 in credit on my card. How much is a 3ds and fire emblem?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Thanks to some shady business operations by my creditors, I now have $320 in credit on my card. How much is a 3ds and fire emblem?

a 3DS XL + Fire Emblem is about 240 + tax?

Try to find the one with Mario Kart 7 if you can...not sure how common they are these days.

jakncoke

Banned
Is there any penalty to not filing your taxes? The reason Im considering now is because Pizza Hut(ib4 jokes) sent my w2 to my exs parents house and even though i told just in time to send them to my new address they ignored me. So my w2 got sent there and although she said her parents sent them back I have a highly suspicion she threw them away or something because of how much she hates me.

bionic77

good good, pay that Flacco

lol Ravens for not paying him last year
lol they won a SB.

No way they win if they paid Flacco last year. His head was already too big to begin with. It always pays to hold off on paying someone. Give whatever crime boss in charge of the Ravens credit. Not just for avoiding justice, but for not paying Flacco and making him earn it. Now they have another SB. Whatever they overpay him will be worth it.

I would also like to say that I hate the Ravens. And yes they deserve to die and I hope they burn in hell!

bionic77

Is there any penalty to not filing your taxes? The reason Im considering now is because Pizza Hut(ib4 jokes) sent my w2 to my exs parents house and even though i told just in time to send them to my new address they ignored me. So my w2 got sent there and although she said her parents sent them back I have a highly suspicion she threw them away or something because of how much she hates me.
:jnc

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I believe there's a threshold of earnings where you aren't required to file. I think it's around $10,000.

edit: Also, you can request another W2...

edit edit: It'd be buttfumble level dumb to not file if you earned like $10k last year because you'll get a EITC refund of like 300-600 dollars.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
a 3DS XL + Fire Emblem is about 240 + tax?

Try to find the one with Mario Kart 7 if you can...not sure how common they are these days.
Sweet. I'll have extra money for some blu-rays. (If I can find a copy of FE)
If you're supposed to get money back, the government will happily ignore you filing taxes. If you owe them, not so much.

jakncoke

Banned
Sweet. I'll have extra money for some blu-rays. (If I can find a copy of FE)

If you're supposed to get money back, the government will happily ignore you filing taxes. If you owe them, not so much.

I shouldnt owe anything, although im not an expert on taxes.

Bowser

MechDX

Wife gets a Hemi so I ordered a cold air intake for my Avengers Pentastar V6

cai_zps56ae1400.jpg

Should put me over 300hp and give the car a nice growl when it revs.

ZZMitch

I cannot comprehend that Flacco is the highest paid player in NFL history. Blows my mind.

I wonder where he would rank on a list of top NFL players of all time?

squicken

Any of Houston GAF going to any of the rodeo shows? Used to love the cookoff, but it's just too much of a hassle now

-Wish George Strait would do more nights like he used to do, but at least he's back to doing shows

-Pitbull and Bruno Mars. They've come a long way. Used to have one "urban" act and one Tejano act

I have a membership there, but my credit's on a Visa card and those bastards don't accept Visa... Thanks for the effort, though.

Might want to check newegg and see if they still have the MK7 3DS XL bundle($199.99). I just got mine from them on wednesday - not sure how long the deal is running though.

Also, when you get it buy pushmo!

ChanHuk

Banned
I'm sure he will. I'm more concerned about DHB, dude's cap hit is 10.6 this year and he's garbage. Huff and Kelly are both at 11 mil as well.

DHB knows he isn't going to command value, Palmer at the very least is a serviceable QB that can start for plenty of teams. DHB at most will be a number 2 on most teams, DHB will restructure easily. I like DHB, he's a hard worker and knows that he was last hand pick by the late Al Davis (McLame don't count). He should and probably will do the organization a favor.

Huff is going to stick around (He can play both CB and FS) while Kelly can get the boot in favor of resigning that drunk Desmond Bryant who's actually pretty damn good. I just Love Kelly's interviews, he's like......a more entertaining Darnell Dockett (Who's already entertaining).

Seymooe as the only good player on your team and you cut him.

Terrible.

Seymour keeps living on his past name value, because as a player, he's done. He had 12 tackles, 3 sacks, and about a billion personal foul penalties last year. He's injury prone, 33 years old, and has seen declining production in three straight years. Good luck to whoever picks him up

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Wow at Flacco contract. For the money they are paying him Steve Biscotti could have funded Crysis 4 and 5.

DHB knows he isn't going to command value, Palmer at the very least is a serviceable QB that can start for plenty of teams. DHB at most will be a number 2 on most teams, DHB will restructure easily. I like DHB, he's a hard worker and knows that he was last hand pick by the late Al Davis (McLame don't count). He should and probably will do the organization a favor.

Huff is going to stick around (He can play both CB and FS) while Kelly can get the boot in favor of resigning that drunk Desmond Bryant who's actually pretty damn good. I just Love Kelly's interviews, he's like......a more entertaining Darnell Dockett (Who's already entertaining).

Eh, I'd rather lose DHB (Streater outplayed DHB all year) and try to keep Bryant. I wouldn't mind Kelly staying, but he'd have to take a significant pay cut. I like Huff, but he's not worth 11 mil and hopefully he can go back to safety next year since Giordano is gone and won't be re-signed (sucked anyway). I really want Milliner instead of a DT or DE with the number 3 pick, otherwise we are gonna get burned all year long with no CBs once again. That's the biggest reason we had no pass rush, was because everyone was constantly open.

Seymooe as the only good player on your team and you cut him.

Terrible.

Seymour has been terrible since he's been in Oakland and he sat out most of this year with his bad knees. He also wasn't cut, his contract is up. Word is he might be heading back to NE.

Vyer

Any of Houston GAF going to any of the rodeo shows? Used to love the cookoff, but it's just too much of a hassle now

-Wish George Strait would do more nights like he used to do, but at least he's back to doing shows

-Pitbull and Bruno Mars. They've come a long way. Used to have one "urban" act and one Tejano act

Maybe, but not sure yet.

I'm not really a country guy but I'd actually like to see Strait. Unfortunately the tickets are ridiculous now and the show he's doing is a 'special performance' with no rodeo events.

Try a really good tuna steak or swordfish. It maintains some of the fresh, light seafood taste but has more of a beef steak texture. Salmon was my favorite fish prior to having those two.

Have you had Halibut? It's another thick texture fish that you would most likely appreciate, fantastic when prepared well though a bit more expensive than most fish. Since we aren't poors, it's ours to consume!

Raiders are better of with him walking.

He's a better than average QB. True he's not the type of QB that will win games on his own, but he was hardly the problem and put up great numbers considering the terrible O-Line, complete lack of any running game and Knapp calling plays on top of playing from behind all year long due to a horrendous defense, and given the lack of any other option besides Pryor, no we wouldn't better off at all.

It didn't really hit me that Flacco is the highest paid Qb in the league until I just heard it on the radio, he's almost like the Sanchez of Elite Qbs in my mind.

Have you had Halibut? It's another thick texture fish that you would most likely appreciate, fantastic when prepared well though a bit more expensive than most fish. Since we aren't poors, it's ours to consume!

Halibut and Grouper are the best fish out, just not widely available.

Flacco........

xnipx

My man flacco deserves it. Eli was once the highest paid player too. This is just how it is in this day and age. I'm sure Rodgers contract will top it.

The ravens will be fine.

Greg

My man flacco deserves it. Eli was once the highest paid player too. This is just how it is in this day and age. I'm sure Rodgers contract will top it.

The ravens will be fine.
That bum doesn't deserve the money with Harrell still there.

eznark

Banned

Yeah, Top of the Hub in Boston used to make some great Halibut dishes. No idea if they still do but it's one of the pitches my wife makes anytime she wants to get me to go back to Boston.

effzee

It amazes me that with all the luck the Ravens pulled out of their asses last year that they would see Flacco as worthy of highest paid QB of all time.

What. The. Fuck.

First it will only be till next off season when Rodgers gets much more.

NFL contracts don't mean shit. Anything outside of the signing bonus and guaranteed money might never go to Flacco. The deal is probably full of performance incentives and back loaded.

And finally there was nothing lucky about his play in the playoffs. Ravens got as lucky as any team that goes on a run and wins the SB. He outperformed Luck, Manning, and Brady in a row and this is actually the 2nd post season where he has really performed well.

For how he plays QB he is really young and could play another 6-8 seasons. He can still grow into being a better QB than he already is and if the Ravens FO and coaching staff is smart (and they obviously are) they will find a way to build around him to keep competing.

Top Bottom