• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Thats because to you fandoom is just some choice so it doesnt have any real meaning. If you are a fan of your local team, like most fans are, then you can only root for your hometown team. I would never want to root for the Cowboys but I totally get why someone from Dallas does. Even with as disgusting and evil as the Pats franchise is I have no problems at all with people from that area rooting for them.

Ok.

Haha, it's a pretty similar situation isn't it?

Good to hear.
Back when Eli was initially signed to his 7 year, 106 million dollar contract? Yep. Even Giants fans questioned whether he was worth it or not considering it made him the richest QB in the game at the time.

Another Super Bowl later.....

bionic77

I still don't know what to think about Antonio Brown.
It wasn't just Brown. I want to say that Brown, Cotchery and Sanders all coughed up the ball for no reason while running in the open field. They all also fumbled while being tackled. Ball security is apparently not that big of a deal anymore.

Care to bet on this??
Look at my hideous avatar. There is no avatar bet I won't take.

I still think it's hilarious that Flacco is the highest paid player in NFL history but he's not even the best QB in his division! Without a doubt in my mind he's second right now and could easily be the third best in the AFC North if Dalton continues to improve!
Thats no cool wienke. Dalton is garbage. Flacco has more money and rings (when you combine the two) then Fraudgers. Show some respect. I agree that right now he is the clear number two, but football is a bitch and if Ben keeps getting injury he might be the best qb in the division in a few more years.

That is the year I quit watching football and become a hardcore WNBA fan. That would be pretty horrible, but still not as bad as seeing a Flacco dominated division.

Back when Eli was initially signed to his 7 year, 106 million dollar contract? Yep. Even Giants fans questioned whether he was worth it or not considering it made him the richest QB in the game at the time.

Another Super Bowl later.....
failco can't win the lottery twice. he blew all his luck for the rest of his life this season. frankly I'm surprised he hasn't been hit by a bus yet. the karma will come calling for him.

failco can't win the lottery twice. he blew all his luck for the rest of his life this season. frankly I'm surprised he hasn't been hit by a bus yet. the karma will come calling for him.
I'm not about to say the Ravens will win another SB with Flacco but do you think people were thinking any differently after that first Eli SB run?

bionic77

Being lucky with a shit regular season (but good enough to sneak into the playoffs) is the exact recipe to win Superbowls these days.

If Flacco stays lucky he might retire a 2 or 3 time champ, with each win getting more disgusting than the last...

Out of 32 NFL teams only 6 have Super Bowl MVP quartebacks. 3 are in the AFC. Only one is in the AFC North. And it's not fat-ass despite having three chances to earn it.

Flacco today, Flacco tomorrow, Flacco forever.

Bitches.

Flacco rationalization time!

While there is no doubt that he is the biggest fucking dork in the NFL, he does not get hurt. He plays every game. He has a great deep ball, and the receivers to make it work (who cares who gets the credit, as long as they are still together). He throws THE BEST underthrown DPI ball in the league, possibly ever. His TOs are low. His age is low. And the biggest piece of possible optimism is what we saw during the playoffs the last year. He played out of his mind. That was 200% of what Flacco typically produces, so if we can get 75% of playoff Vinny, then that's still an increase.

Ozzie is a genius, and I'm sure he'll sign some cheap talent who end up being contributers, or even diamonds (I love me some Corey Graham). TRUST IN OZZIE.

I'm bookmarking this post so I can refer back to it after we start 1-3, Flacco sucks, and then I'm just going to rip the shit out of myself.

ChanHuk

Banned
Flacco rationalization time!

While there is no doubt that he is the biggest fucking dork in the NFL, he does not get hurt. He plays every game. He has a great deep ball, and the receivers to make it work (who cares who gets the credit, as long as they are still together). He throws THE BEST underthrown DPI ball in the league, possibly ever. His TOs are low. His age is low. And the biggest piece of possible optimism is what we saw during the playoffs the last year. He played out of his mind. That was 200% of what Flacco typically produces, so if we can get 75% of playoff Vinny, then that's still an increase.

Ozzie is a genius, and I'm sure he'll sign some cheap talent who end up being contributers, or even diamonds (I love me some Corey Graham). TRUST IN OZZIE.

I'm bookmarking this post so I can refer back to it after we start 1-3, Flacco sucks, and then I'm just going to rip the shit out of myself.

weebay.gif

Ps, you get that job Larry?

eznark

Banned
Did you read my quick breakdown of their salary structure for the next couple years? This was a great signing for Baltimore and is structured incredibly efficiently based on their existing contracts. This year and next year are fine, 2015 may be an issue if the cap doesn't step up. After that it gets easier again. I don't think the Flacco contract will have any significant impact on their ability to build the team. It helps that the Ravens have a great coaching staff.

By the definition he is using, they absolutely are.

You really have no idea what you are even talking about. The Eagles are the absolute opposite of bandwagon fans. They havent won a championship since 1960, no one is jumping onto them because they won a championship recently. You make absolutely no sense at all. People like gator jumped onto the Pats bandwagon because they thought that they had won 3 SBs, and that they would win more. Now we know he was wrong on both accounts.

You really have no idea what you are even talking about. The Eagles are the absolute opposite of bandwagon fans. They havent won a championship since 1960, no one is jumping onto them because they won a championship recently. You make absolutely no sense at all. People like gator jumped onto the Pats bandwagon because they thought that they had won 3 SBs, and that they would win more. Now we know he was wrong on both accounts.

I was a Patriot fan before they won a Super Bowl.

Sanjuro

Oh, great. You can use a single example. Let's not talk about how we have a longer attendance streak than you, or the Phillies becoming the more popular team, or random dick measuring because you need to feel like a superior twat.

Oh, great. You can use a single example. Let's not talk about how we have a longer attendance streak than you, or the Phillies becoming the more popular team, or random dick measuring because you need to feel like a superior twat.

What does the Pats attendance streak have to do with anything? You obviously didnt actually read what I originally posted in your rush to disagree. Philadelphia has always always supported all 4 teams well, but there is no way in hell that the Phillies are the more popular team.

Sanjuro

Philadelphia fans might be assholes and scumbags (Jabee and Yankee are alright, but I spent a summer there. Yeesh!), but they have never been bandwagoners.

Sure they are.

What does the Pats attendance streak have to do with anything? You obviously didnt actually read what I originally posted in your rush to disagree. Philadelphia has always always supported all 4 teams well, but there is no way in hell that the Phillies are the more popular team.

When they won a World Series? They absolutely were. Do you even live there? Those crazy Philly bandwagon fans!

bionic77

It's funny hearing a Boston sports fan call out another city for being bandwagoners. The only city that rivals Boston for bandwagoning is SF.
Boston fans think because they are loud, drunk, racist and ugly that they are good fans.

Just because you look and act like you are from Cleveland doesn't mean you have their heart. I wouldn't say people from Cleveland are smart (I mean look at where they live...), but I will give them props for being loyal and supporting their team no matter how shitty. Same goes for Buffalo, which actually might be a bigger shit hole to live in, but they never lost their team (due to theft) and came back for more so Cleveland still wins.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Thats no cool wienke. Dalton is garbage. Flacco has more money and rings (when you combine the two) then Fraudgers. Show some respect. I agree that right now he is the clear number two, but football is a bitch and if Ben keeps getting injury he might be the best qb in the division in a few more years.

That is the year I quit watching football and become a hardcore WNBA fan. That would be pretty horrible, but still not as bad as seeing a Flacco dominated division.

I think Dalton can be as "great" as Flacco. Or at least AJ Green can get him there!

Flacco isn't dominating anything. He's not a consistent elite QB like the Rodgers/Brees/Manning tier. Worst case scenario is that he reaches the Eli Manning level and the Giants don't dominate the NFC East. I don't think many QBs follow that path though, Eli must have taken lessons from his brother because since 2009 Eli increased his completion percentage, his YPA, total yards and all with the same attempts. I just don't see Flacco making that same statistical jump.

I wouldn't say people from Cleveland are smart (I mean look at where they live...), but I will give them props for being loyal and supporting their team no matter how shitty. Same goes for Buffalo, which actually might be a bigger shit hole to live in, but they never lost their team (due to theft) and came back for more so Cleveland still wins.

Sounds like Baltimore, minus the championships.

Talon

I think Dalton can be as "great" as Flacco. Or at least AJ Green can get him there!

Flacco isn't dominating anything. He's not a consistent elite QB like the Rodgers/Brees/Manning tier. Worst case scenario is that he reaches the Eli Manning level and the Giants don't dominate the NFC East. I don't think many QBs follow that path though, Eli must have taken lessons from his brother because since 2009 Eli increased his completion percentage, his YPA, total yards and all with the same attempts. I just don't see Flacco making that same statistical jump.
Dude.

Dalton is not even "good." It's a miracle that he's a NFL QB considering he was dealt a short hand of cards: he's short, he's a ginger, and he went to TCU. Truly the Rocky Balboa of modern days.
Who is Bob?
If we say his name too many times, he'll show up! Be careful.

squicken

Dude.

Dalton is not even "good." It's a miracle that he's a NFL QB considering he was dealt a short hand of cards: he's short, he's a ginger, and he went to TCU. Truly the Rocky Balboa of modern days.

If we say his name too many times, he'll show up! Be careful.

Nothing wrong with TCU or being short. But his noodle arm and inability to make big time throws puts a ceiling on that team. If any team needs to do something NOW at QB, it's CIN. Wasting years of some real good players

Top Bottom