• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

eznark

Banned
I'd say Atlanta at this point, though they could be without a third option come opening day.

Green Bay (regardless of the GOAT Jermichael), Denver and New York (if Nicks gets healthy) are up there too.

Without Jennings? C'mon. Also, they are wholly a product of Fraudgers. I hadn't really thought about Denver. Two white guys...definitely the worst.

I agree with Darkest Red, Falcons were te best last year. Losing Gonzalez might set them back a bit, but Julio Jones is top 5 in the league and might get even better.

Bengals have a nice young group as well.

Packers have a pretty good Wr group too

But not as dominante as the Falcons. Rodgers helps a lot.

Talon

Without Jennings? C'mon. Also, they are wholly a product of Fraudgers. I hadn't really thought about Denver. Two white guys...definitely the worst.
Didn't have any trouble scoring with Cobb, Jordy and Jones last year. Obviously none of those guys are 1s, but they'd be productive anywhere.

It certainly doesn't hurt that they're playing with objectively the best passer in the league.

If the Patriots can get a WR with deep speed I'd say they are one of the best.One group to look out for are the Jags WRs.Shorts and Blackmon were surprisingly good last year.

The best thing about the Packers WR group is how the front office guys assemble it. Every team always talks about how important it is to build through the draft but no one is as good as GB when it comes to doing it with WR's. James Jones in the 3rd round? Too good.

That's actually part of why I'd be surprised to see the Dolphins take a WR in the first. It just doesn't seem like something Philbin would typically go for. Then again, if anyone has WR's that are bad enough to justify it it's the Dolphins.

bionic77

The Steelers and Packers have maybe the best receiving corp in the game at getting open and running after the catch. We both have guys that can beat you deep too.

Only problem is they can't catch. Steelers receivers can't hold onto the ball either.

I wasn't going to be the one to say it! But yeah, they have a ton of talent being dragged down by a disgusting ginger.

3rd year is the year for QBs to either get it or not. Hopefully Dalton has a big year this year, I would like to see Bengals fans have some success.

Talon

The Steelers and Packers have maybe the best receiving corp in the game at getting open and running after the catch. We both have guys that can beat you deep too.

Only problem is they can't catch. Steelers receivers can't hold onto the ball either.
I still don't know what to think about Antonio Brown.

I wasn't going to be the one to say it! But yeah, they have a ton of talent being dragged down by a disgusting ginger.

Green is the best WR in the game, Sanu is a nice number 2, that super fast midget Hawkins is not too bad either and Gresham has his problems, but is also solid.

#TeamBengals amiright!

Nah, Gronk'll be on the sideline with two busted forearms as a result of too much suplexin'.

"Sorry for not caring about my job."

Ho there buddy! As a proud representative of the Church of Shirtlessness, I have to fine you with 10k.

eznark

Banned
http://www.polygon.com/game/simcity-2013/2630#review_update_3815485

kids.gif

Public access combine?

The NFL allowed about 300 fans to attend Scouting Combine workouts for free this year. But that may not be the case for long.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated reports that fans who attended the Scouting Combine last weekend were emailed a survey that included the following question: “If in future years the NFL instituted a charge of $25 to attend the NFL Scouting Combine for one day, how likely would you be to buy tickets?”

Obviously, that question is being asked because the NFL is looking for one more way to generate revenue from its rabid fan base. And if enough fans answered that they would be willing to pay $25, then the NFL will surely start charging $25.

And given the incredible popularity of the NFL, there are probably thousands of NFL fans who would pay $25 to attend. So it’s probably just a matter of time before free access to the Combine is a thing of the past.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/04/nfl-wants-to-know-if-fans-will-pay-25-to-attend-the-combine/

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I still think it's hilarious that Flacco is the highest paid player in NFL history but he's not even the best QB in his division! Without a doubt in my mind he's second right now and could easily be the third best in the AFC North if Dalton continues to improve!

10k what? STD's? What have I gotten myself into...

Since I'm the king eeeh Commish, I have decided that I can fine you people whenever I want for whatever I want. Every million in fine money means that you have
to consider
to buy me a beer if we ever meet.

The person of with the highest fine total at the end of the year, gets the Shirtless James Harrison of the Year award. Greg won it last year with a large margin.

I still think it's hilarious that Flacco is the highest paid player in NFL history but he's not even the best QB in his division! Without a doubt in my mind he's second right now and could easily be the third best in the AFC North if Dalton continues to improve!
I'd take Flacco over any of the other guys. That playoff clutch factor is worth the money.

Since I'm the king eeeh Commish, I have decided that I can fine you people whenever I want for whatever I want. Every million in fine money means that you have
to consider

The person of with the highest fine total at the end of the year, gets the Shirtless James Harrison of the Year award. Greg won it last year with a large margin.
Sounds good to me! I'm shocked to hear that Greg got fined for something though, I thought he was a fine, upstanding, shirtless citizen.

ChanHuk

Banned
to consider

You said you were hesitant to meet me in person because of my refusal to wear pants. Always deflecting.

I'd take Flacco over any of the other guys. That playoff clutch factor is worth the money.

Plus Flacco has never missed a game, Ben has a much higher upside but he gets hurt every year now and misses games. I have been very critical of Flacco but I think I would take him over anyone else in that division right now.

ChanHuk

Banned
Plus Flacco has never missed a game, Ben has a much higher upside but he gets hurt every year now and misses games. I have been very critical of Flacco but I think I would take him over anyone else in that division right now.

Well what o-line would want to protect a rapist? :jnc

Tabris

Late to the party: $120M?!??!?! Ahahahahaha Joe Flacco sucks (relatively, still top 10-15 in league). He only won a SB because everyone on the team was at the pinnacle of motivation from Ray Lewis retiring.

Dragon

Banned
Late to the party: $120M?!??!?! Ahahahahaha Joe Flacco sucks (relatively, still top 10-15 in league). He only won a SB because everyone on the team was at the pinnacle of motivation from Ray Lewis retiring.

I would say go back to the NHL thread but I saw how you pissed off everyone in there and had to apologize so I'll just say go away!

Edit: By the way I played this game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fingers_(drinking_game) on Saturday night with ten people. I'd never heard of it before but it's fucking fun. cuevas what do you rate it on your scale of drinking games since you're such an aficionado?

Clutch factor you say?

image.php

EDIT: William Gay back with the Steelers:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Former Cardinals CB William Gay has resigned with the Steelers, according to his agent @Jerrold_Colton.

EDIT2:
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

The Dolphins have franchised DL Randy Starks, as expected.

JABEE

Or is because because Brady isn't the breadwinner at home, where his wife takes in way more than he does a year? He really wants an untainted championship, which he'll never get. Pats salt is so tasty. It's nice to own such a selfrighteous franchise. Enjoy becoming the Eagles.

:( Take it back.

I wouldnt wish being an Eagle fan on my worst enemy.

Thats because to you fandoom is just some choice so it doesnt have any real meaning. If you are a fan of your local team, like most fans are, then you can only root for your hometown team. I would never want to root for the Cowboys but I totally get why someone from Dallas does. Even with as disgusting and evil as the Pats franchise is I have no problems at all with people from that area rooting for them.

brentech

I cant wait to get the new Simcity. I used to love those games back in the day but I havent played one in years.

Either have I. I don't know that I care to pay $60 for it, so I'll just wait a small time till a sale springs and nab it I guess.
Been a long time since I played one, I can wait a bit longer

Top Bottom