• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

LevelNth

Banned
Matt Williamson said:
Could see #49ers getting a lot out of G Dorsey-move him all over the LOS & lighten the load of Smith and McDonald...nice
If we got him cheap it's yet another brilliant addition by our FO.

Dragon

Banned
WTF? Mendenhall is not a fumbler.

He's no Law Firm.

I give about 60% credit for Brady's success in his old, fart, crone years in Boston to Welker.

I don't know what you're saying with those commas. Are you calling Brady an old fart or some other meaning I cannot possibly decipher?

;)

Anyway Welker was certainly a big part of the success, no doubt about it. But I know how hard it is to give Brady any ounce of respect, even if he deserves it.

Colasante

Whatever Welker, go where you want. We'll be signing football Ryan Gosling and won't regret it a bit.

2e63e2811fb06eb1bda13ccb133a7199.jpeg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
OK, new numbers from the Bush signing:

4 yrs, $14 million with about four million guaranteed. If true, I'm ecstatic about this move.

No bonuses?

While it's not as hilarious, the average yearly salary is nearly top 10 RB right? I guess the devil will be in how the contract pays out over that 4 years.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Those Reggie Bush contract numbers are confirmed with a 2 mil cap hit this year.

Fantastic deal.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No bonuses?

While it's not as hilarious, the average yearly salary is nearly top 10 RB right? I guess the devil will be in how the contract pays out over that 4 years.

$4 million signing bonus.

cdyhybrid

xnipx

McKinnie is gonna have soooooo much fun in south beach. I'd be worried if I was a dolphin fan. He already lives there but having him there during the season is dangerous

Details on the Ellerbe and Wheeler contracts here.

Not only did he get younger and faster with Ellerbe and Wheeler, but he saved $2.3 million in cap space with the move. Karlos Dansby and Kevin Burnett saved the Dolphins $7.1 million against the cap, and Ellerbe and Wheeler both have nearly identical $2.4 million cap numbers in 2013.
How is this a dumb move exactly?

Maybe not before last season you mean.

He had 3 fumbles in 6 games played, 1 untouched. Most he's ever had in a season since his second year, when he had 3.

Dude isn't a fumbler.

He had a bit of an issue with it when he first got to the Burgh, especially in the preseason. It kind of leveled off and then reappeared last year. Anyway, he fumbled in the biggest game of his life. Yeah, the line got blown up, but the dude still fumbled and I always hated the way he held that friggen ball away from his body like it was a can of depleted uranium.

Welker to the Broncos is a smart move for Denver (assuming it happens). They weaken a potential playoff opponent + upgrade their slot receiver position. Stokley was solid last yr but Welker gives them more speed + production at that spot.

Pats and Danny Amendola make too much sense not to happen. Smart Welker replacement for significantly less.....IF he stays healthy. I feel like Simmons naming Matt Stafford If He Stays Healthy (before Stafford's run the last two years) should be applied to Amendola. Good player when he's on the field.

Still if you're the Pats....you've got injury concerns with Gronk, Hernandez to a lesser extent, and now potentially Amendola. Brady can mask a lot of problems with receivers but if anyone remembers the Reche Caldwell experience I'm sure Pats fans dont want to relive that.

He had a bit of an issue with it when he first got the Burgh, especially in the preseason. It kind of leveled off and then reappeared last year. Anyway, he fumbled in the biggest game of his life. Yeah, the line got blown up, but the dude still fumbled and I always hated the way he held that friggen ball away from his body like it was a can of depleted uranium.

That's Mendenhall's problem. Dude picked the absolute worst time to fumble and now he's got that reputation.

Game was lost by that point regardless though.

cdyhybrid

I thought McKinnie lived in Miami. Could be wrong though.

Although it will drive Earl's price up, I'm glad Goldson got paid since he's a former Husky.

Top Bottom