• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Somebody please help me. Its getting all hopeful up in here for the Lions.

Our offensive line still sucks, our coordinators suck, and Schwartz is a douche.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Titans sign Shone Green. 3yr/$10 million

Interesting, not the most exciting, but jesus he is already a million miles above Jamie Harper. Ugh, I hate Harper.

On top of that, Greene's 3rd and short numbers look really good. Maybe he'll do well in a backup role? Add that to the fact that our line is already looking so much better, I'm content with it.

Duxxy3

Just saw 4 years for 45 million for welker.

I'm more than willing to let welker walk for that kind of money. He's not worth that.

It is one where I wish the league would burn the tapes like Spygate.

best part of that play is clay called the run to his side and audible'd picket. Looked like mendy was going to try to cut back in and away from clay but picket was already there and he got sandwiched and the ball popped out. Great play
for packers fans

Hunter S.

I don't know what you're saying with those commas. Are you calling Brady an old fart or some other meaning I cannot possibly decipher?

;)

Anyway Welker was certainly a big part of the success, no doubt about it. But I know how hard it is to give Brady any ounce of respect, even if he deserves it.
Brady is the best target for trash talk Denver has. Last time I looked the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders were completely emasculated and had no representation on here. ;-)

bionic77

That's Mendenhall's problem. Dude picked the absolute worst time to fumble and now he's got that reputation.

Game was lost by that point regardless though.
The game was lost?

We were driving to take the lead when he had fumbled! Green Bay was reeling from injuries to their defense and we were running all over them. Once he fumbled Rodgers pretty much sealed the deal with another drive and then with the penalty and time we could not come up with one more miracle finish.

Fuck Mendenhall!

MechDX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Now that Glover Quin is signing with the Lions, Texans will turn their attention to another veteran safety to replace him.

Wonder who. I don't think they will touch Reed and Woodson only if it was like a 2 year deal with nothing outrageous. Huff maybe?

eznark

Banned
^ That would make me happy!!

OK, new numbers from the Bush signing:

4 yrs, $14 million with about four million guaranteed. If true, I'm ecstatic about this move.

Aw that's way less funny. You still got worse at running back but you did so cheaply. LAME

Duxxy3

Uh, source?

More trusted source (scott zolak) says it's 4 years, 35 million.

11+ million a season is too much for a 32 year old slot receiver.

35 million split over 4 years with each year increasing... i'm more receptive to that.

Bowser

Former Lions news:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
CB Drayton Florence to the Panthers on a 1-yr deal.

Ryan_Kalil_Super_Bowl_Ad_Charlotte_Paper_Full_Page_Picture.jpg

eznark

Banned
I'm honestly shocked they haven't resigned Andre Smith.

Or that someone else hasn't for that matter. He developed into a pretty good RT from what I saw of him.

They have no interest in signing Smith. I think he is waiting to see what Long signs for. Honestly, he is pretty much the only player I want the Packers to sign.

JABEE

What safeties are on the trade block? Not excited about Chung, and Howie Roseman complimenting Nate Allen as starting free safety next season has me worried.

Whoever said about McKinnie going home was spot on:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Dunno if this has been squashed ye but Bryant McKinnie's tweet about going to Miami is not a visit with the Dolphins. Just headed home.

On the slot receiver front, PFT posted:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Source with knowledge of market says slot receivers are "getting screwed," and that there's now a chance Danny Amendola returns to Rams.

On the Nnamdi front:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

CB Nnamdi Asomugha's potential destinations include Texans, 49ers, Broncos, and Cardinals, per league source.

Top Bottom