• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

From the link:

Of course, last but not least you guys could be drafting the very best player in the whole entire draft...Chance Warmack.

He will be available for the Giants to pick if they want him. I wouldn’t select him personally until the 2nd round but others think differently.

Very best player in the whole draft but I wouldn't select him until the 2nd round.

.....ok.

jmdajr

The Texans were gawd dam Dale'ed!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...tbull-delay-an-ed-reedhouston-texans-contract

Tha fuck!!? Where is Godslay with that dumbass gif?

pitbull-bud-light-o_zps520cc51a.gif

for real..

So, I wonder where the are taking Reed for breakfast.

eznark

Banned
Did Frederick have a super shitty combine? In February he was gaining first round momentum and now Walter has him in the middle of the third?

Hate this news:

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Restricted free agent tight end Dennis Pitta has been getting preliminary inquiries from more than one team, according to league sources.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Dennis Pitta got a second-round tender from the Ravens and is highly regarded. Restricted market is notoriously dead, though

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
And Dennis Pitta wouldn't be too challenging to get from Baltimore IF you structure a deal the Ravens can't/won't match.

If you think about it, even though I don't like giving up resources for a player, what's a 2nd round pick if you get a TE you want.

The Dolphins had a VERY high opinion of Dennis Pitta, a RFA, when he was coming out in the draft. I'm starting to think he's an option now.

Edit: Feel a little better now, since the Keller news.

Looks like the Jets had a pretty good amount of representation at Genos Pro Day yesterday, Browns might be sitting right at the perfect spot if the Eagles pass on him to find a trade down partner.

Dumerville is a year off a major injury right, or am I thinking of someone else? Can't believe he's asking for that much. Would love to have him though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs -
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti, Plinko
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox3182
10. Titans - Fidelis Hodie
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers - Colonel Nasty
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints - cajunator
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals -
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings - BannedEpisode
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle - BannedEpisode
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay, Hunter S Thompson
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.

Rules for NFL Mock Draft 2013 (If i'm forgetting anything or you have questions, feel free to point them out.):

Fans of the team pick for their own team. If we don't get enough of those, then we pick other people to fill the slots.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Collaboration is encouraged. We're trying for an open dialog this year so debating in the thread is encouraged, however if your team is the secretive type feel free to take it to PMs.
Still need a Chef and Bungle fan.

I'll do both if no one signs up though I'm shocked ez hasn't signed up for his Bengals.;)

The Chiefs should frankly be a no-brainer at this point.

I'll help you, Yankee. You need to make the final decision though. i don't watch a lot of college football.

Sounds good buddy.

Eagles GAF huge news, we need to have a training camp meetup now that it is in the city. I will try to go to every public practice that they have. I love going to training camp so much, it is such a great time.

The Philadelphia Eagles will hold training camp in Philadelphia this summer both at the NovaCare Complex and at Lincoln Financial Field after staging the team’s annual preseason practices at Lehigh University for the last 17 years.

The new training camp plan will include a number of free, public practices at Lincoln Financial Field along with private practices (invitation only) at the NovaCare Complex. The full training camp schedule will be released later this spring.

The Eagles become the 21st NFL team to move practices to their own facilities as the demands of practice make it more and more difficult to replicate what the teams have at their practice facilities.

The decision was a very difficult one for the entire organization, noted team president Don Smolenski.

"There are so many people at Lehigh University who went above and beyond to accommodate us and to make training camp a special place for fans to travel each summer to get an up-close look at the team. We especially want to thank and recognize Joe Sterrett, Dean of Athletics, who opened the doors for us 17 years ago and has been supportive every step of the way and Mary Kay Baker, Director of Conference and Special Housing Services, who was there for us on a daily basis to make sure everything ran smoothly. It’s people like them who made this such a difficult decision for us."

"The city of Bethlehem has been part of our lives every summer for the past 17 years."

But, efficient access to all the facilities at the NovaCare Complex – from the training room which is equipped with everything from a hydrotherapy pool and access to an MRI machine, weight rooms with state of the art equipment, an indoor practice venue, video and computer equipment that utilizes network infrastructure – has become a necessity for the team.

"The interaction with our fans during the training camp period remains a huge priority. As such, we are currently planning to utilize the opportunities available to us at Lincoln Financial Field to have a number of open practices (which will be free) available to all of our fans. We’ll announce those specific plans in the coming weeks."

This will be the first time that Eagles training camp has been in Philadelphia since 1943 when practice was held at St. Joseph’s University.

"I'm excited that Eagles training camp is returning to Philadelphia," said Mayor Michael Nutter. "I'm looking forward to visiting Lincoln Financial Field with other Eagles fans to give Coach Kelly and the team a warm welcome to the city!"

Lehigh had been home to Eagles training camp since 1996. Other venues include West Chester University (1980-95), Widener University (1973-79), Albright College (1968-72) and in Hershey, PA (1951-67).

"Lehigh University has enjoyed hosting the Eagles training camp for the past 17 seasons on our campus and on our athletic fields," said Lehigh's Sterrett. "We realize the Eagles are embarking upon a new era for their team and we wish Coach Kelly and the team all the best in the upcoming season."

But the Eagles are not saying goodbye to Lehigh.

"The Eagles and Lehigh University recognize that their long standing relationship is changing but not ending," added Smolenski, "and both parties have expressed a desire to explore community programs in the future."

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I have a sinking feeling we're going to end up with Kolb.

Which, you know, is better than our utter lack of a starting QB, but is still a sign of impending doom.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Someone was saying it before, we totally should get people to go down for the NFL draft at some point.

I may try to do that now in the future, it usually falls around my birthday it seems.

Draxal

Someone was saying it before, we totally should get people to go down for the NFL draft at some point.

I may try to do that now in the future, it usually falls around my birthday it seems.

Should go to Radio City music hall, and try to get Fox to reenact Buttfumble on live tv.

squicken

It's a terrible idea. You don't want to hurt Schaub's confidence!

He's a HOU guy and I think he would come cheap. He has a better arm, is more mobile, but is a little smaller. Durability idk. Kolb gets hurt more but also played behind a far worse line. And it's not like Schoob is mister health. Kolb is definitely skittish, but Schoob is a giant fucking pussy. No downside to me

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He's a HOU guy and I think he would come cheap. He has a better arm, is more mobile, but is a little smaller. Durability idk. Kolb gets hurt more but also played behind a far worse line. And it's not like Schoob is mister health. Kolb is definitely skittish, but Schoob is a giant fucking pussy. No downside to me

I honestly think Matt Flynn would do well in Houston if they could pry him away from the Seahawks.

Draxal

Sounds good buddy.

Eagles GAF huge news, we need to have a training camp meetup now that it is in the city. I will try to go to every public practice that they have. I love going to training camp so much, it is such a great time.

It's every happening for every team. Need the practice facilities with only 14 days of practice, can't be rained out.

Top Bottom