• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Has Kevin Kolb ever had a good offensive line?
No. The year he was supposed to take over the line sucked. Reid said a part of going to Vick was him moving around covered for how bad the OL was that year, and the Cards OL has been terrible. I dont see Kolb as an upgrade of noodle arm though. Not sure what the point would be. They need someone with an arm to get the ball deep to Dre and open things up underneath.

It's every happening for every team. Need the practice facilities with only 14 days of practice, can't be rained out.

This is a good point. I hadnt considered the fewer practices in the CBA now but it makes sense.

brentech

Cross post from PC Build thread:

went to Microcenter about an hour away and bought all my parts.

Your Sale Information
Item SKU Item Description Quantity Per Item Price Total Price

425470 INTEL BOX INTEL CORE I5-3570K 1 189.99 189.99

051185 MSI GTX660OC TWNFZ3 2GB PCIE3 1 229.99 229.99

380550 ASROCK ASROCK Z77 EXTREME4 1 94.99 94.99

897090 LGELECOEM LG 14X SATA BD BURNER 1 59.99 59.99

888438 COOLMAST HYPER 212 EVO UNIV HSF 1 29.99 29.99

133694 THERMALTA TR2 700W ATX PSU 1 67.99 67.99

981829 TOSHOEM TOS 3.5" 1TB 7200 HDD 1 59.99 59.99

211334 CRUCIAL 8GB 4X2 D3 1600 DIMM CL9 1 46.99 46.99

546788 ARCSLVR CERAMIC THRML COMP 1.75 1 6.99 6.99

337881 LGEUSA 23.6'' LED 24EN33TW MONIT 1 149.99 149.99

133835 DIABLOT EVO ATX MID-TOWER CASE 1 37.99 37.99

Subtotal »
Tax » 75.55

Sale Total » $1,050.44
Didn't really intend to buy the BluRay drive, but figured it'd be nice. Went planning to get 7850, but the GTX660 was what I wanted and unlisted online...also cheaper so that went well. Monitor was something that just went on sale today on their site, so I felt good about that too, considering I didn't want to spend anymore than that.

All in all, spent a tad more than intended, but I think in the end I'll be happier. It's not like I'm hard pressed for money, I just like to be smart. I do have some mail-ins that will give back like 60-80, not sure, gotta go through them.

Products Pic:
8559166543_7a961c7e41_o.jpg

Godslay

Banned

Gunsmithx

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1
After spending parts of 3 days in St. Louis league sources say Jake Long scheduled to leave town his afternoon. At this point still no deal.

Hmm... 3 days and no deal? Guess Ireland was right in not giving Jake what he wanted. Now it's time to bring Jake back at our price + maybe a bit extra to sooth his pride.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Didn't really intend to buy the BluRay drive, but figured it'd be nice. Went planning to get 7850, but the GTX660 was what I wanted and unlisted online...also cheaper so that went well. Monitor was something that just went on sale today on their site, so I felt good about that too, considering I didn't want to spend anymore than that.

All in all, spent a tad more than intended, but I think in the end I'll be happier. It's not like I'm hard pressed for money, I just like to be smart. I do have some mail-ins that will give back like 60-80, not sure, gotta go through them.

Products Pic:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8376/8559166543_7a961c7e41_o.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Looks sweet, bro. Welcome to the next gen!

My opinion of that movie is the exact opposite.
KSugG11.jpg

Seriously though, what didn't you like about it?

Nice build!

LevelNth

Banned
Could happen. He will be expensive if he won't take a salary cut.

Btw Dooms contract is a McD overpay. Not Elway's fault.
Zero chance. The Niners don't play the FA market anymore, especially for large names. The most they do is wait it out, let the market come to them, and then go for small 1 or 2 year contracts that are mostly incentive laden.

It's been quite awhile since the Niners signed anything more than vet depth or prove-it deals in FA.

Draxal

Has anybody posted about the Pats going after Sanders from Pitt. I didn't see the frothing full of rage posts yet from Steelers fans yet.

LevelNth

Banned
Holy Gonzo! Falcons paying him $8,75m this season to come back, that's big bucks.

Contract is 2 yrs, 14m, 7m guaranteed signing bonus. 2nd year is player option.

RBH

Holy Gonzo! Falcons paying him $8,75m this season to come back, that's big bucks.

Contract is 2 yrs, 14m, 7m guaranteed signing bonus. 2nd year is player option.

The Atlanta Falcons made the contract of tight end Tony Gonzalez as salary-cap friendly as possible with a little creative accounting.

Although Gonzalez will make $7 million this season, his salary-cap figure will be only $5.25 million. That’s because the Falcons structured the deal with what is known as “OATSB’’ (other amount treated as signing bonus).

Gonzalez will receive $3.5 million in base salary and another $3.5 million that will treated as OATSB. That portion becomes prorated with $1.75 million counting toward this year’s cap and another $1.75 million counting toward the 2014 cap.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/46075/falcons-were-crafty-with-gonzalez-deal

squicken

Thank God that Jake Long was leaving. So many cheap deals out there, and he's a huge risk. Go sign a bunch of dudes cheap with the promise they can compete for starters role

brentech

anyone here using windows 8? not sure if it's worth bothering with, or just stick with 7 and put ubuntu on my old system if I keep it around

Top Bottom