• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

TheFatOne

He got better over the year. He's a star in the slot and improved on the outside.

Now it's time to sign Talib.

I have a feeling they won't sign Talib or another number 1 corner. That's why I'm worried. Arrington is horrendous as the number 1. He's fine in the slot though.

Edit: Also it seems like Lloyd is willing to restructure his deal from what I read at the main pats forum. If they can get Sanders that would be a really nice improvement to the WRs.

WedgeX

Banned
So after nearly two months in DC, finally have an interview for a real job! And its basically my old job, just working with those with mental illnesses instead of foster care!

brentech

I'll probably stick with 7 unless somewhere offers 8 for download for a good price. I think all those deals are gone though, correct me if wrong and point me please

keller is gone.

jets will have 0 wins this year

I really cant wait to see what the Jets roster looks like. They had a decent D last year but a terrible offense. Losing all these players would be rough for even a really good team. I think the Jets are taking for Johnny Football already.

Miguel

Probably already posted, but...

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain told "NFL AM" on Friday morning that the Texans and Reed cut short their highly publicized meeting Thursday so they could get out of dodge before a crowd of 75,217 fans of the pop star cascaded upon Reliant Stadium pinning them in.

The second-largest crowd in Houston Rodeo history might have postponed Reed signing, but McClain said he expects the veteran safety to sign with the Texans on Friday.

The veteran safety had high praise for the Texans' organization when he arrived Thursday. The Texans sent general manager Rick Smith on the team's private jet to pick up Reed, an unprecedented move for the organization.

"I don't think they would have done that if they didn't think they had a good chance to keep him, they don't want to send him home on Southwest," quipped McClain, the 33-year NFL reporting vet.

Reed spent the evening dining with some friends, coaches and Texan players Andre Johnson and Chris Meyers, who he played with at the University of Miami, according to McClain.

Jokes about Pitbull aside, as we've seen this offseason, the NFL's first three-day negotiating window prior to free agency has led to many players signing during their first visit, which would look good for the Texans ability to corral Reed.

However, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Friday morning that a source told him there was a "50-50 at best" chance that Reed signs in Houston, with a return to the Baltimore Ravens still a possibility. The San Francisco 49ers and Indianapolis Colts are longshots to land Reed.

The Reed sweepstakes looks to be hitting its high note.

Pvb6V.gif

Godslay

Banned
Or just stick to 7.;)

Zero benefit to moving to 8. At least for gaming. I have two computers, one running 8 and it does nothing for me from a gaming perspective that makes it worth upgrading. At least IMO.

I agree. Slightly faster start up times, and things of that nature. Nothing really to upgrade for.

effzee

From the link:

Very best player in the whole draft but I wouldn't select him until the 2nd round.

.....ok.

Reid drafted a G twice during his time with the Eagles. Both times it backfired. Shawn Andrews turned out to be a lunatic who didn't want to play football even though he was immediately one of the best in the league.

Danny Watkins was benched and is already considered a bust especially because of his age. Weeden territory.

I guess the reason people don't draft G in the first round is that its not as specialized as Tackle play.

Quikies83

AFC WEST off-season

Kansas City Chiefs:
traded a 2nd this year and a future pick for QB Alex Smith
re-sign WR Dwayne Bowe $56m/5 years ($26m guaranteed)
re-sign P Dustin Colquitt $18m/5 years ($9m guaranteed)
re-sign OL Bryan Mattison
tag OT Branden Albert
restructure DE Tyson Jackson
release OT Eric Winston
release WR Steve Breaston
release TE Kevin Boss
sign CB Dunta Robinson $15m/3 years
sign S Hasain Abdullah
sign WR Mardy Gilyard
sign DT Marcus Dixon
sign TE Kevin Brock
sign TE Anthony Fasano 4 years
sign QB Chase Daniel 3 years
sign DE Mike DeVito $12.6m/3 years
sign WR Donnie Avery 3 years
sign CB Sean Smith $18m/3 years ($11m guaranteed)
sign RT Geoff Schwartz

Denver Broncos:
tag OT Ryan Clady
re-sign S David Bruton
re-sign DB Tony Carter
re-sign DE Mitch Unrein
release ILB DJ Williams
release QB Caleb Hanie
sign OG Louis Vasquez $23.5m/4 years ($13m guaranteed)
sign DT Kevin Vickerson 2 years
sign LB Stewart Bradley
sign WR Wes Welker
sign DT Terrance Knighton
sign CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Oakland Raiders:
re-sign CB Phillip Adams
release WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
release DB Michael Huff
release DE David Tollefson
sign DB Coye Francies
sign DT Pat Sims
sign LB Jason Hunter
sign OLB Kaluka Maiava
sign OLB Nick Roach

San Diego Chargers:
tender WR Danario Alexander
re-sign WR Richard Goodman
re-sign LS Mike Windt 4 years
release SS Atari Bigby
release ILB Takeo Spikes
release TE Randy McMichael
release DT Antonio Garay
sign K Nick Novak
sign TE John Phillips
sign OT King Dunlap
sign OG Chad Rinehart
sign CB Derek Cox $20m/4 years ($10.25m guaranteed)

Godslay

Banned
I think the Broncos killed it in so far as FA moves that make sense for a team with a complete win now mentality. Highlights being the Welker and Vasquez contracts...

I think the Chiefs are going to be greatly improved. They've made some strong moves this offseason.

As far as the signings for Denver go, I am very happy about Vasquez. Kuper is a good guard, but fairly old (30), and injury prone, so he will either be great depth or get cut.

Assuming the line is Clady, Beadles, Walton/Blake, Vasquez, Franklin, it's a very strong line. The right side is going to be a road grading demolition crew. Franklin is 6'7" 330, and Vasquez is 6'5" 325. I am excited, as the Oline is one of my favorite portions of a team to watch.

BigAT

Proof that not all QB classes are created equally:

P. Schrager ‏@PSchrags
2007 NFL Draft QBs: JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Jordan Palmer, Troy Smith... Bad year for QBs.

Yikes, what an awful group. Other quarterbacks that were drafted but not even good enough to make that list: Drew Stanton, Trent Edwards, Isaiah Stanback, Jeff Rowe, Tyler Thigpen.

Top Bottom