• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

brentech

:jnc

Squicken's already crowned the Seahawks. Might as well jump aboard and put yourself out of your own misery.:)
They probably won the FA period of the offseason. On paper.

Almost have machine put together and ready to power for a POST check. Have to stop for a little bit.

Godslay

Banned
This dumervil situation is beyond fucking stupid. Hopefully we just sign him as a FA now to fix this fuck up.

Why? He should fire his agent, and plead to the Nfl to reverse the situation, the contract was complete and agreed on by both sides. Agent was negligent. Doom and Broncos aren't to blame.

Hunter S.

This dumervil situation is beyond fucking stupid. Hopefully we just sign him as a FA now to fix this fuck up.
Well, Bowlen who knows Goddel well is trying to get the NFL to give them a rule break based on a fax failure supposibly. A fuck up like this should only be the agents loss, losing the testicle of his choice.

cajunator

Banned
Cross post from PC Build thread:

went to Microcenter about an hour away and bought all my parts.

Didn't really intend to buy the BluRay drive, but figured it'd be nice. Went planning to get 7850, but the GTX660 was what I wanted and unlisted online...also cheaper so that went well. Monitor was something that just went on sale today on their site, so I felt good about that too, considering I didn't want to spend anymore than that.

All in all, spent a tad more than intended, but I think in the end I'll be happier. It's not like I'm hard pressed for money, I just like to be smart. I do have some mail-ins that will give back like 60-80, not sure, gotta go through them.

Products Pic:
8559166543_7a961c7e41_o.jpg

Im not aiming for a top gaming computer myself, but something that can at least play a 1080p video file would be nice..

Willie Colon to the Jets. Wouldn't think there could be a worse kind of butt fumble, but there you go

This makes about as much sense as signing Bushrod.
Wasnt Colon terrible?

Well to be fair, pro football teams in the south (outside of Texas and maybe Florida) was never a fantastic idea to begin with. They'll always play second fiddle to the college teams. Atlanta sort of gets away with it on account of being a massive city.

Thats not really true. there is a lot of pro-football loyalty in Louisiana at least. LSU is a nice distraction but most peoples hearts are really with the Saints. There is even a rivalry between the UL Lafayette Rajin Cajuns and LSU fans and they dont play in the same conference or division. Far from everyone being devoted to LSU.

Chad Johnson is tweeting about coming to Houston.....i swear I am this fucking close to squickening

Why would you want to squicken from the Texans? Who would you go to anyway?

Derrick01

Banned
Why? He should fire his agent, and plead to the Nfl to reverse the situation, the contract was complete and agreed on by both sides. Agent was negligent. Doom and Broncos aren't to blame.

Right but it's still goddamn stupid. I don't see why they can't just sign him as a FA to the deal they had agreed instead of trying to go through the NFL offices to reverse a screw up.

Plus who the hell still uses fax in 2013!

TheFatOne

Interesting. Would like to steal the guy from the Steelers, but we would be real low on pick if we do it and he's also has an injury history.

I'm not liking this off season so far.

Don't give a shit about draft picks at the moment. Pats have a very short window with Brady, and then need to capitalize now. If they get Sander, sign Talib, Abraham, and another it would be a very nice off season for them.

bionic77

Cross post from PC Build thread:

went to Microcenter about an hour away and bought all my parts.

Didn't really intend to buy the BluRay drive, but figured it'd be nice. Went planning to get 7850, but the GTX660 was what I wanted and unlisted online...also cheaper so that went well. Monitor was something that just went on sale today on their site, so I felt good about that too, considering I didn't want to spend anymore than that.

All in all, spent a tad more than intended, but I think in the end I'll be happier. It's not like I'm hard pressed for money, I just like to be smart. I do have some mail-ins that will give back like 60-80, not sure, gotta go through them.

Products Pic:
8559166543_7a961c7e41_o.jpg
I have decided with Steam that if I ever get serious about gaming again I am going to build a monster gaming PC. Right now we have a Mac household though and I never play games on my Mini or laptops.

Tested had a cool video on a PC build. Liked everything about the PC except the color of the case (would have looked badass in blue though).

cdyhybrid

I am going to build a death-ray capable machine for the next Elder Scrolls. Built my current one for Skyrim but it wasn't by any means top of the line even when I was building it. Hopefully I'll have a bit more disposable income by the time ES6 is out.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Magid claims the first contract sent to him by Broncos director of football administration Mike Sullivan contained a smaller base salary in the final year of the contract (2015) than he believed the team had offered. Magid said Sullivan then resent the contract via email with a new, higher number.

Magid was in his office in Pennsylvania. Dumervil was in Miami, headed for a Kinko's, according to Magid.

Magid claims Dumervil sent a fax but the Broncos gave him a second fax number because the fax wasn't coming through. Magid said Dumervil told him a fax was transmitted at 3:55 p.m. EDT, and that Dumervil has a confirmation to prove it.

Regardless, it was too late for the team. They informed Magid they had to release his client instead of triggering the $12 million guarantee.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...d-rips-broncos-over-contract-screwup/1991723/

Seems pretty credible

Top Bottom