• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Greg

My blind ass is finally getting some glasses so I can renew my license without shame. I hadn't gone for a real eye exam since 2001, and I squinted my way through college. Seeing the before and after on the correction was embarrassing, but the doc and I had a good laugh.

jmdajr

My blind ass is finally getting some glasses so I can renew my license without shame. I hadn't gone for a real eye exam since 2001, and I squinted my way through college. Seeing the before and after on the correction was embarrassing, but the doc and I had a good laugh.
Wow dude, was it a money thing or just doctor phobia.

Me, I cant see shit without lenses.

Right eye - 6.50
Left - 5.75

eznark

Banned
"Brackets" ruined the tournament.

Not for me. I fill em out and almost never pick upsets but when it comes time to watch the actual games I am always rooting for the underdog. I imagine people who actually get mad about a fantastic game like Harvard - New Mexico only pay attention to the SportsCenter highlights.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Not for me. I fill em out and almost never pick upsets but when it comes time to watch the actual games I am always rooting for the underdog. I imagine people who actually get mad about a fantastic game like Harvard - New Mexico only pay attention to the SportsCenter highlights.

I'm pretty much the same. I make my selections but if a great game pops up I root for the more "deserving" team. Which is usually the underdog.

If my bracket goes to shit ah well, just means there are probably a ton of great games going on.

effzee

I am really surprised the Eagles are not in on grimes.

I'm not. He doesn't fit the type of physical player they are going for. Not that I wouldn't want them to sign him but I think they are done in FA for now. At least for the CB position. They have signed two guys who are young, tackle, and started on their previous teams. Even if they aren't studs they at least know they have to capable CBs which already is an improvement over last season. Same at S.

I think any more additions to the secondary will come through the draft.

What do you think they do at KR? Chip said DeSean will return punts (or more punts whatever that means) so does that mean Boykin at KR? I know the KR game isn't as vital anymore with the rule changes but I would still like to have better starting position than the 20 or what was usually the case for us, less than the 20.

I'm not. He doesn't fit the type of physical player they are going for. Not that I wouldn't want them to sign him but I think they are done in FA for now. At least for the CB position. They have signed two guys who are young, tackle, and started on their previous teams. Even if they aren't studs they at least know they have to capable CBs which already is an improvement over last season. Same at S.

I think any more additions to the secondary will come through the draft.

What do you think they do at KR? Chip said DeSean will return punts (or more punts whatever that means) so does that mean Boykin at KR? I know the KR game isn't as vital anymore with the rule changes but I would still like to have better starting position than the 20 or what was usually the case for us, less than the 20.

Yeah I think Boykin will get first shot at KR, I wouldnt be surprised if they also grab someone in the draft that can compete for that job depending how things play out.

Greg

Wow dude, was it a money thing or just doctor phobia.

Me, I cant see shit without lenses.

Right eye - 6.50
Left - 5.75
If it doesn't cause a lot of pain and is something that involves doctors, I usually just deal with it. I can see fine up close where I do most of my work, but the idea of "far" has been getting closer and closer over the past few years. I had to squint to barely pass my vision test for license renewal 4 years ago, so I figured it was time.

If it doesn't cause a lot of pain and is something that involves doctors, I usually just deal with it. I can see fine up close where I do most of my work, but the idea of "far" has been getting closer and closer over the past few years. I had to squint to barely pass my vision test for license renewal 4 years ago, so I figured it was time.

Off to work I go. Would love to see Grimes signed by us when I'm back ;3

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wait, people actually root for the blue bloods? Who cares about Duke, Kentucky, or North Carolina winning yet again?

This isn't football where my alma matter gets a bunch of money from all this if the SEC wins. They might get some but not nearly the amount of football.

Wait, people actually root for the blue bloods? Who cares about Duke, Kentucky, or North Carolina winning yet again?

This isn't football where my alma matter gets a bunch of money from all this if the SEC wins. They might get some but not nearly the amount of football.

I root for the Philly teams, UNH, and all the lower seeded teams. I hate when a number 1 seed wins it all.

bionic77

LOL how you phrased that was perfect.

Dutch, Dawson's gone, how are you at kicking field goals?
Somehow on television kicking field goals looks really easy but in person those posts look really small and it looks really hard past 20 yards (which would probably be tough for the average guy).

The Steelers need a guy with a huge leg so Tomlin can at least try insane field goals at the end of games with at least a chance of them making it.

squicken

Did you watch the game? They were the better team in that game. It wasn't a flukey win at all.

Not really into CBB. I'll flip on games that are close, but I never bothered to yesterday. Just in the abstract I think that it would have meant more for New Mexico fans than Harvard fans

I don't even fill them out anymore because I want to be able to enjoy the games without even thinking about who I picked to win. It just makes the whole thing less fun to me.

MechDX

035_RodeoHouston_parade_February_2012_JJ_Watt525w_700h.jpg

JJ is 24 today! Happy Birthday you sconi bastard!! <3<3<3

squicken

Aren't they taking the entire cap hit in year 1? I like that idea, but they are now basically down to just signing guys at the vet minimum, right?

haha just saw that too. Unreal he is only 24. It's hard to imagine him ever having a better season than what he just had, but who knows? If they could just get a good pass rusher on the edge, that guy could clean up so much of the havoc JJ creates

MechDX

Aren't they taking the entire cap hit in year 1? I like that idea, but they are now basically down to just signing guys at the vet minimum, right?

All we know is the numbers I posted and its a 3 year deal. Details forthcoming I hope. Yeah but they can free up lots of cap space easily by just extending Antonio and restructuring Dre.

Seriously, who is left out there that would not be vet minimum anyway?

squicken

All we know is the numbers I posted and its a 3 year deal. Details forthcoming I hope. Yeah but they can free up lots of cap space easily by just extending Antonio and restructuring Dre.

Seriously, who is left out there that would not be vet minimum anyway?

They really need someone who can rush the passer. Reed and Barwin were just effort guys. Go get one of those vets that's been cut, and just play him in obvious passing situations

DCX

DCX
SATURDAY

NFL-Gaf Mock Draft 2013

1. Chiefs - ZootedGranny
2. Jaguars - Tamanon
3. Raiders - ChanHuk, Mackenzie 92
4. Eagles - Yankeehater, JABEE
5. Lions - WedgeX, Goldlion054, Kastrioti, Plinko
6. Browns - BlackGhost, Wes, theBatman
7. Cardinals - Squall ASF
8. Bills - LJ11
9. Jets - Fox318
10. Titans - Fidelis Hodie
11. Chargers - Nightz
12. Dolphins - The_Darkest_Red
13. Buccaneers - Colonel Nasty
14. Panthers - Bowser
15. Saints - cajunator
16. Rams - squicken, B for Bendetta
17. Steelers - DeaconKnowledge, chuckddd, Angmarsking701, 789shadow
18. Cowboys - cashman
19. Giants - Futurevoid, BigAT, Striker
20. Bears - cuevas, phd., Vio-lence
21. Bengals - eznark
22. Rams (from Redskins) - squicken, B for Bendetta
23. Vikings - BannedEpisode
24. Colts - SpinDasher
25. Vikings - from Seattle - BannedEpisode
26. Packers - eznark, TheLegendary
27. Texans - MechDX
28. Broncos - Godslay, Hunter S Thompson
29. Patriots - Dutch Patriot
30. Falcons - Talon
31. 49ers - FrenchMovieTheme
32. Ravens - BaltimoreLarry, Nakazato

Missing reps for the bolded teams. Please. Let's get fans to represent before we move to alternates.

Rules for NFL Mock Draft 2013 (If i'm forgetting anything or you have questions, feel free to point them out.):

Fans of the team pick for their own team. If we don't get enough of those, then we pick other people to fill the slots.

Rules are just like last year - It should be considered a consensus pick - team members should collaborate to choose someone instead of one just blurting out their pick. I'll be less patient in waiting; say, four hours selection time per team. You don't make the time, you get skipped. No trades - we're not doing a full 7 round mock so there's nothing of value to trade. Just pick who you believe your team will pick in your spot.

Collaboration is encouraged. We're trying for an open dialog this year so debating in the thread is encouraged, however if your team is the secretive type feel free to take it to PMs.
I'm teaming up with Talon for the Falcons pick.

DCX

squicken

I really wonder if CAA didn't screw their other OT clients by slow-playing the Long contract. Fisher said they had to put other things on hold until they knew what they were committing to Long, which may have let Turner go

squicken

Welp Ted Johnson will be dead soon. Guess he called Vince Wilfork's wife ugly

Ted Johnson, a former Patriots linebacker (won three Super Bowls, played at the University of Colorado), is now hosting a radio show in Houston. He was asked who the ugliest spouse was on the Patriots during his time there.

That&#8217;s something he probably should have not answered. But he did. &#8220;He won&#8217;t hear this &#8211; Vince Wilfork,&#8221; said Johnson. Whoops.

wilfork-wife-9-30-12kzxs9.gif

wilfhdljy.jpg

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php...ks-wife-ugly-and-vince-wilfork-is-pissed-off/

Top Bottom