• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2013 - Here comes the wait

Draxal

No, but it is definitely one of the best games I have ever played.

I am not GAF. I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuck about sales. All I want is to be to play this fucking game. I might have to break down and download this shit if I can't find it by Sunday.

This one is so much better than the DS version, and has more charm than all the GBA ones, and yeah ... I have a hard copy (preordered for artbook) and a digital copy ... Nintendo got me.

JABEE

The sports talk radio here in the Bay Area is still hilarious. It's now Thursday, and all the callers want to talk about is how they got "screwed," and my favorite, that there was an NFL conspiracy to get Ray Lewis a ring. Even the host said today, "People, I know we're still grieving, but it's about time we get to the last stage; acceptance"

I think they have a right to complain. God won the Ravens that game. Ray Lewis was chosen as the beacon of God's glorious light on this Earth. That seems to be a pretty big conflict of interest and advantage that the Ravens had. No one could have predicted that choice back in 2000 when he was involved in a double-homicide.

I need a game system that I can somehow play while driving to and from work, because that's pretty much the only time I have to do it. I'd love a good RPG, but when I play a game, it's usually only in spurts, or on my phone when I'm in the bathroom.

I think they have a right to complain. God won the Ravens that game. Ray Lewis was chosen as the beacon of God's glorious light on this Earth. That seems to be a pretty big conflict of interest and advantage that the Ravens had. No one could have predicted that choice back in 2000 when he was involved in a double-homicide.

I was thinking about what Ray would have said about God if the lights had gone out, and we hadn't held on for the win. I know what I would have said.

bionic77

This one is so much better than the DS version, and has more charm than all the GBA ones, and yeah ... I have a hard copy (preordered for artbook) and a digital copy ... Nintendo got me.
Better than the GBA games.

But, thats..

Oh fuck I need this game!

Check Target, they're the only place that seems to have them.
Yeah I am going to check there today.

I think they have a right to complain. God won the Ravens that game. Ray Lewis was chosen as the beacon of God's glorious light on this Earth. That seems to be a pretty big conflict of interest and advantage that the Ravens had. No one could have predicted that choice back in 2000 when he was involved in that double-murder.
Thats straight up blasphemy.

God tried to stop either team from winning last night by taking away the electricity. If Goodell was an honest man he would have taken the sign from God and simply canceled the Superbowl and the season. But he is a prick who only believes in money.

jakncoke

Banned
I need a game system that I can somehow play while driving to and from work, because that's pretty much the only time I have to do it. I'd love a good RPG, but when I play a game, it's usually only in spurts, or on my phone when I'm in the bathroom.

Cali dont have laws on things distracting you like texting while driving or playing handheld while driving?

effzee

Jim Harbaugh prevented Ed Donatell from interviewing with the Eagles or the Saints for DC. He's being kind of a dick since those places would give him a promotion to defensive coordinator. I guess that's just the business.

Seems like they want to promote him eventually when Vic leaves for a HC job.

JABEE

Cali dont have laws on things distracting you like texting while driving or playing handheld while driving?

It's California. If you're not driving with a phone in your ear and a $60 designer coffee in your lap, you are going against the norm.

Draxal

Better than the GBA games.

But, thats..

Oh fuck I need this game!

I wouldn't say better, as you might not like the cast of characters compared to Blazing Sword (original gba Fire Emblem), and that might be part of the appeal for the game for some people.

I do like the cast just as much as that game, the presentation is top notch, it has fun grinding/reclassing system like Sacred Stones, it has a generational system like one of the SNES ones (anthology of the holy war, which is Japan's favorite iirc). The gameplay is super fast, animation's great for the system. It's like my perfect game, and it so much better than Shadow Dragon.

edit: I lied, it's not perfect because it doesn't have light magic in the game. I'm grumpy they took that out.

Of course they have laws, I was being facecious. I drive one of the more dangerous commutes you can drive in America every day.

Wikipedia on Highway 17 said:
SR 17's combination of narrow shoulders, dense traffic, sharp turns, blind curves, wandering fauna such as deer and mountain lions, and sudden changes in traffic speeds have led to driving conditions that result in a number of accidents and fatalities, leading to the reputation of SR 17 as one of the most dangerous highways in the state.

bionic77

I wouldn't say better, as you might not like the cast of characters compared to Blazing Sword (original gba Fire Emblem), and that might be part of the appeal for the game for some people.

I do like the cast just as much as that game, the presentation is top notch, it has fun grinding/reclassing system like Sacred Stones, it has a generational system like one of the SNES ones (anthology of the holy war, which is Japan's favorite iirc). The gameplay is super fast, animation's great for the system. It's like my perfect game, and it so much better than Shadow Dragon.
Shadow Dragon was not as good as the GBA games and I even liked that one.

You are hyping me to crazy levels for the 3DS game.

Maybe this is God's way of making it up to me for what happened in the Superbowl.

jakncoke

Banned
Better than Pennslyvania. Do you guys even have paved roads yet?

My hometown area paves a budget worth each year. But that dont help much with winter weather beating the hell out the roads, the constant thawing and freezing leaves some major potholes. But I bet they'll never be worse sections of road than 86 through Seneca territory, got so bad they reduced the speed limit through that section.

Im trying to lure a dog with a cheese.

Jesus you monster. Leave that familys pet alone. Eat something else.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
New Jersey. We have paved roads and cell phones in our ear. There is no place to get designer coffee.

Shit. Sorry. It's not even funny to joke about New Jersey any more. It's like tripping a retarded kid on the playground. Sure, it's good for a couple of belly laughs, but then you get all sad because you know your life will always, always be better than that poor blubbering bastard with the cracked helmet and funny haircut.

jakncoke

Banned
Shit. Sorry. It's not even funny to joke about New Jersey any more. It's like tripping a retarded kid on the playground. Sure, it's good for a couple of belly laughs, but then you get all sad because you know your life will always, always be better than that poor blubbering bastard with the cracked helmet and funny haircut.

Joe Flacco is that you?

I was actually going to get a physical copy as soon as I could even after getting the digital version. And yes, Awakening is much better than Shadow Dragon.

Thats how it is laughing at Bills fans.

Draxal

Joe Flacco loves New Jersey. He's from South Jersey like me. North Jersey is the blubbering waste that WanderingWind is talking about, unless you mean Camden. That place is pretty messed up.

Most of North Jersey is fine it's just pretty much

Camden : Philadelphia
Newark : New York

and conveniently Camden and Newark are pretty much the most prominent small cities you'll pass on the turnpike between Philadelphia and New York. There's a reason all the Philadelphia and New York sports teams players all reside in NJ instead of New York and Pennsylvania.

Shadow Dragon was not as good as the GBA games and I even liked that one.

You are hyping me to crazy levels for the 3DS game.

Maybe this is God's way of making it up to me for what happened in the Superbowl.

I have an irrational hatred of Shadow Dragon as I thought it did alot of the harm to the series (it was seriously such a regression), and the one mechanic they added I thought was insanely stupid (the let's kill off characters to recruit new characters).

The rest of the Fire Emblems are like pieces of a different flavor of pie, it's just dependent on which flavor you like. The big new mechanic they added in this one is love or hate (the pairing system). I think it's an amazing add, and they kept the stuff I like of the other ones (support like Sealed Sword/Blazing Sword; Reclassing like Sacred Stone; the My Unit of the second Ds verson).

I watched the end of the rebroadcast of the SB on NFLnet last night and lost it when Flucco told his teammates to jump on the field and tackle Ginn if he happened to break free on the last kick because he didn't think they would award him a TD. And then, one of his linemen I believe says, "Why don't you tackle him." And Unibrow says, "I will."

I watched the end of the rebroadcast of the SB on NFLnet last night and lost it when Flucco told his teammates to jump on the field and tackle Ginn if he happened to break free on the last kick because he didn't think they would award him a TD. And then, one of his linemen I believe says, "Why don't you tackle him." And Unibrow says, "I will."

Stay classy, Flake-o.

For real though, what would have happened?

That's the heart of a champion right there!

eznark

Banned
Jim Harbaugh prevented Ed Donatell from interviewing with the Eagles or the Saints for DC. He's being kind of a dick since those places would give him a promotion to defensive coordinator. I guess that's just the business.

I thought teams can't stop a guy from interviewing for a promotion?

bionic77

I have an irrational hatred of Shadow Dragon as I thought it did alot of the harm to the series (it was seriously such a regression), and the one mechanic they added I thought was insanely stupid (the let's kill off characters to recruit new characters).

The rest of the Fire Emblems are like pieces of a different flavor of pie, it's just dependent on which flavor you like. The big new mechanic they added in this one is love or hate (the pairing system). I think it's an amazing add, and they kept the stuff I like of the other ones (support like Sealed Sword/Blazing Sword; Reclassing like Sacred Stone; the My Unit of the second Ds verson).
Shadow Dragon was weaker compared to the GBA and console games, but it was still Fire Emblem. I will take it any way I can get.

And honestly even though it was weak I still enjoyed myself. The gameplay is just so addictive in that series. Impossible to put it down until you get through a few dozen battles. And then at the end the battles take like an hour to get through.

eznark

Banned
Why does no one in this new Fire Emblem game have feet? Is that some weird new pedo-art that I don't understand?

Also, how does that dumb bitch keep tripping over her boots if she doesn't have any fucking feet!!

I asked in the FE thread and they just ignored me.

Only applies to HC jobs, doesn't count for coordinator positions. Have to request permission.
Thanks, seems weird.

I saw them talking about it on Sportscenter, and they said a touchdown would have been awarded. The actual rule allows for it.

"Palpably Unfair Act. A player or substitute shall not interfere with play by any act which is palpably unfair. Penalty: For a palpably unfair act: Offender may be disqualified. The Referee, after consulting his crew, enforces any such distance penalty as they consider equitable and irrespective of any other specified code penalty. The Referee may award a score."

I then watched Kiper and McShay mock Joeckel and Lotulelei to the Chiefs as I put a shotgun in my mouth.

Draxal

Why does no one in this new Fire Emblem game have feet? Is that some weird new pedo-art that I don't understand?

Also, how does that dumb bitch keep tripping over her boots if she doesn't have any fucking feet!!

Thanks, seems weird.

Nobody really knows, it's either artistic license or an engine limitation, and she trips all the time because she doesn't have any feet. I really don't pay too much attention to it after the first 20 minutes of gameplay.

JABEE

I saw them talking about it on Sportscenter, and they said a touchdown would have been awarded. The actual rule allows for it.

then watched Kiper and McShay mock Joeckel and Lotulelei to the Chiefs as I put a shotgun in my mouth.

I hope the Cheifs agree with you.

Nobody really knows, it's either artistic license or an engine limitation, and she trips all the time because she doesn't have any feet. I really don't pay too much attention to it after the first 20 minutes of gameplay.

I didn't notice it until it was pointed out to me. And now I can't unsee it :/.

Dragon

Banned
Tweets calling Ray Lewis a Murderer during the SB

http://deadspin.com/5982247/map-whi...g-ray-lewis-a-murderer-during-the-super-bowl?

original.png

Boston: It's possible that Boston sports fans might be a little petulant about the championship this year, just like they are pretty much every year, for every sport.
Pittsburgh: AFC North rival of the Ravens. Fans here are perpetually frustrated that their star QB is universally considered a sexual menace, while Lewis is at worst thought to be "controversial."
Cleveland: Another AFC North "rival," but more importantly the cursed sports-hellhole from which the now-Ravens were forcibly relocated in 1996 by grifting supervillain Art Modell. Since they've been in Baltimore, the Ravens have gone to the playoffs nine times and won two championships. The Cleveland Browns, in either past or present form, have never appeared in a Super Bowl. If one city deserves to be bitter—about anything, really—it's Cleveland.

No question why I like the Northeast. A bunch of assholes that tell it like it is! I'll even applaud Pittsburgh at this point.

Did any of you bastards manage to get a copy of Fire Emblem for 3DS?

I can't find a copy of this game anywhere.

Fucking Nintendo...
I swore I would never buy a retail game online from Nintendo until they got their account stuff figured out but FE is the exception. I called three stores on release day and once they told me they didn't have any copies I pulled the trigger on the DL version instantly. No regrets!

I don't think anyone knows, man. People have been wondering why the characters are feetless ever since the first screens of the game were released, and I still haven't seen a good reason for it.

From NFL.com:

So what would have happened had Flacco or another Ravens' player left the sideline to make a touchdown-saving tackle of Ginn?

According to the NFL Rule Book's Rule 12, Section 3, Article 3:

"Palpably Unfair Act. A player or substitute shall not interfere with play by any act which is palpably unfair. Penalty: For a palpably unfair act: Offender may be disqualified. The Referee, after consulting his crew, enforces any such distance penalty as they consider equitable and irrespective of any other specified code penalty. The Referee may award a score."

Tweets calling Ray Lewis a Murderer during the SB

They were spiking in Baltimore as we proclaimed:" 2 Murders, 2 rings. What now" and "Ray just murdered hundreds of Niner fans' dreams"

They need to monitor GAF trends too, because you know posts contains "Ray Kewis" and "Murder" we're sky high, as well as the record for the phrase "deer antler"

Still won. Kiss the ringSSSSS.

Top Bottom