• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Fucking lame ass buffet only had swill to drink like budweiser and coors light, asked me if i wanted any. I asked is that all i got to choose from and i declined aggressively . Fucking joints serving shit beer needs to stop

maybe it is a sign from the universe that you shouldn't drink alcoholic beverages?

Bread

Banned
Fucking lame ass buffet only had swill to drink like budweiser and coors light, asked me if i wanted any. I asked is that all i got to choose from and i declined aggressively . Fucking joints serving shit beer needs to stop
Stop going to $5 buffets

Godslay

Banned
Broncos 2014 Postmortem

Season summary -

Team finished 12-4. Was embarrassingly knocked out of playoffs by the Colts and Andrew Luck.

Manning died in the San Diego game, choking several weeks before the playoffs. John Fox proved to be as cunning as a dull knife. Del Rio and Gase called the worst game I've ever seen against Indianapolis.

Offense -

Offense was a mixed bag.

Manning was Manning until he injured his thigh in San Diego, it was all down hill from there.

Julius Thomas started off strong. Proving later in the season that he's only a 100% guy. He's only going to play if he's 100%.

DT played well for the most part, but decided to go stone hands in the playoff game.

Welker turned into the #1 punt return option on the team, and subsequently was never seen on the offense again.

Sanders had a very good year. Making the loss of Decker seem like not much of a loss.

Oline was a mess, several guys shifted around into unnatural positions for them and it showed.

We saw the emergence of CJ Anderson, who played with heart and proved to be pretty good even with a bad OL situation. This was the bright spot of the season for me.

Defense -

Played well for the most part. Saw some mind boggling decisions from Del Rio later in the season. Was largely healthy, with the exception of a busted core of LBs. I think there is much more potential out of this group than what we saw this year. Harris was statistically the best CB in the league. Not allowing a TD the entire season.

If you don't put Harris on Hilton, you're gonna have a bad day. That's the basic design of the 2014 defense. Let a talented group lean on that talent to win, and make terrible match ups decisions, all while playing soft. Thanks Del Rio.

Spotlight - The 2014 Draft -

1 Bradley Roby CB:
Played well enough. Good selection and excited about his growth. Solidified himself as a the 3rd guy behind Harris and Talib.

2 Cody Latimer WR:
Showed plenty of promise. Rarely got playing time during the season. Victim of Fox not trusting rookies.

3 Michael Schofield OT:
By some accounts was outplaying guys in practice at RT. Victim of bad line shift, and Fox not trusting rookies.

5 Lamin Barrow ILB:
Played out of necessity. Not much to say.

6 Matt Paradis C:
No playing time. Will get a shot to make a run at C this year.

7 Corey Nelson:
Played out of necessity. Not much to say.

Depth draft. Won't really see what most can do until next year.

What should/will happen this offseason -

The age of Kubes dawns upon us.

Really this season depends on Manning.

If he returns, make one more run. Possibly two in the most optimistic scenario.

If not, The Broz will get his turn.

Will see a shift to ZBS.

Outside of that a few things need to be fixed:

OL is of the most importance. LG, C, RT, all need to either be signed, replaced in the draft, or an heir needs to rise from the existing crew.

Personally, I think if the money is right Orlando Franklin gets resigned at LG.

C could be Myers from the Texans or a mid level pick here.

RT should be Schofield if he can fill the spot.

Either way I think this is where most of the work takes place.

Will need a couple TEs. Probably resign Green, maybe sign someone like a Daniels. Potential draft pick here as well.

RBs are solid. Should be a good crew with Anderson, Ball, Thompson, and potentially Hillman/Stewart.

Defense is solid, will transition to a 3-4 in name. Will still be a hybrid. Wade should bring the heat, and hopefully get more out of these guys.

LB core needs some love. Resign Marshall, hope for a healthy Trevathan, keep Irving if he's cheap, shore them up depth wise any way we can.

Webster at this point will replace Raheem Moore at FS. Secondary is pretty solid.

Knighton/Williams is a question on the line. Don't know what Wade will shoot for at this spot. Other than that most guys fit.

Guessing punter gets cut/restructured. Barth is good enough.

Summary -

All in all I feel that 2014 was a waste of my time and money. Outside of the game I went to, I see the entire season as a failure. I wasn't even this mad about the loss after the Superbowl last year. The Colts game was the biggest piece of shit I've seen this team lay, and I've seen some stinkers.

So I'm glad Fox got fired, he had one foot out the door like a coward. Del Rio sucks, I liked Gase but I guess Elway didn't. Fuck the 2014 Denver Broncos, I'm glad they are long dead and buried.

On to 2015.

zychi

Banned
Yes. 2 years of Randy Moss is the same as 10+ seasons with Wayne and Harrison. Keep fighting the good fight. I'm done. Go debate with Zychi..

NIcZbWw.gif

minx

Receiver ran 30 yards after catch. Cutler may be awful but he can drop a dime 60 yards down field at times.

Jay-Cutler-55-yard-TD-Alshon-Jefferies.gif

It's amazing what Cutler can do with his arms when he actually plants with his back foot and uses proper mechanics. Too bad he does that on only 5 percent of his throws. I could see him in a Texans uniform.

Arc

My girlfriend is a NESN intern and just got to meet both Gronk and Chandler Jones. I'm so jealous. Both are super nice guys (although no one should be surprised that the Patriots are classy men).

cdyhybrid

My girlfriend is a NESN intern and just got to meet both Gronk and Chandler Jones. I'm so jealous. Both are super nice guys (although no one should be surprised that the Patriots are classy men).

She's not your girlfriend anymore. Sorry.

Godslay

Banned

Did she say it was a Gronking to remember?

I'm sure they were very nice to your girlfriend.

JNA

Banned
Wow. Just saw Edge of Tomorrow for the first time. Really liked the movie. I did not expect to enjoy the movie as much as I did.

Tom Cruise might be crazy in real life but he's a bad ass in this movie.

JABEE

He's gonna come out like 2pac
Sentenced to 40 days? He received double time since LA Jail is crowded. Kas already served enough time to only need to stay another 4 days in real time (8 days in LA Time)

He missed a court appearance and the judge made him stay in jail for a week and the used that as part of his sentence.

I forget the exact sentence. He was picked up on a warrant for marijuana possession and driving without a license.

Top Bottom