• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Fuck the Bills

#NeverForget93

U mad bro?

Hey their spiritual successors got revenge on us by throwing a forward pass so it all worked out right?

At least the Tejans have made the playoffs this century. Only team to not do it yet! Woooooooooooo #Keepthestreakalive

MechDX

U mad bro?

Hey their spiritual successors got revenge on us by throwing a forward pass so it all worked out right?

At least the Tejans have made the playoffs this century. Only team to not do it yet! Woooooooooooo #Keepthestreakalive

I like the cut of your jib. Too bad you have an animu avatar or we could be BFF's

BTW, we have absolutely Jack and shit to do with the Thumbtacks

Tamanon

Banned
I like the cut of your jib. Too bad you have an animu avatar or we could be BFF's

6P3i4y5.gif

Bread

Banned
And you'd put Addai and Brown in a list of weapons? I assume not, but that's exactly what I'm saying.
i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Both Brady and Peyton have had middling running backs and great receiver corps in their primes
In the most simple of terms, sure. But the point is that Brady did not have this his entire career like Manning has. That's literally all it comes down to. When he was given weapons on the level of Peyton's he had extremely similar stats.

This started because you claimed that Brady would have been OUT OF THE LEAGUE in 2010 if they hadn't gone out and traded for Moss. Absolutely idiotic statement based on nothing.

It only takes a anime avatar for you to not be someone's friend???
Shit I woulda changed to one months ago! I'm bouta change to one now

Godslay

Banned
Depends on how far you got in those 10 hours.

I don't really remember. I just remember going to the damn tower? over and over. That and hanging out with some dude in a noodle joint? and pretending I was in school doing extracurricular activities.

Basically doing things I spent my teenage years trying to not do.

cdyhybrid

In the most simple of terms, sure. But the point is that Brady did not have this his entire career like Manning has. That's literally all it comes down to. When he was given weapons on the level of Peyton's he had extremely similar stats.

This started because you claimed that Brady would have been OUT OF THE LEAGUE in 2010 if they hadn't gone out and traded for Moss. Absolutely idiotic statement based on nothing.

Brady didn't have the weapons early in his career, but he did have a competent defense. Peyton never had that outside of Denver other than that one year they won the Super Bowl, and even then it was only because Bob Sanders managed to stay on the field and turned into Michael Jordan in the playoffs.

I said that because people were trying to claim that Brady has carried a bunch of bums his entire career, in an attempt to make him look better than Manning. Brady put up merely above-average numbers until Moss got there, and the Pats started to surround him with weapons when they saw what Brady-to-Moss (or another actual offensive threat) could be. That's all I'm saying. I didn't start your fucking Brady-Manning argument #897345897, don't bitch at me.

I don't really remember. I just remember going to the damn tower? over and over. That and hanging out with some dude in a noodle joint? and pretending I was in school doing extracurricular activities.

Basically doing things I spent my teenage years trying to not do.
Yeah if you don't like the social interaction stuff then it'll just never really click with you. The story itself does get better and real dark real fast, but if you don't like the grindyness and stuff then you'll never really enjoy it.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah if you don't like the social interaction stuff then it'll just never really click with you. The story itself does get better and real dark real fast, but if you don't like the grindyness and stuff then you'll never really enjoy it.

Yeah, stylistically they are interesting games.

Don't mind an RPG grind, or dark story, but yeah the social stuff was tedious at best. Plus confusing in terms of links or whatever game mechanics involved.

Oh well.

Moss doesn't have any rings. By your own standards that disqualifies him. I'm sure you're trolling though.

I also agree

Too bad Brady and Bellichek F him over on that one. Should of had one with the Pats

E:MRSA, Stop drinking that piss water... Come on man!!!!

Godslay

Banned
I also agree

Too bad Brady and Bellichek F him over on that one. Should of had one with the Pats

E:MRSA, Stop drinking that piss water... Come on man!!!!

Probably had a better shot with Vikings in 98.

At least he wouldn't have had to face the Pat slayer that is Eli.

Tom Penny

Brady didn't have the weapons early in his career, but he did have a competent defense. Peyton never had that outside of Denver other than that one year they won the Super Bowl, and even then it was only because Bob Sanders managed to stay on the field and turned into Michael Jordan in the playoffs.

I said that because people were trying to claim that Brady has carried a bunch of bums his entire career, in an attempt to make him look better than Manning. Brady put up merely above-average numbers until Moss got there, and the Pats started to surround him with weapons when they saw what Brady-to-Moss (or another actual offensive threat) could be. That's all I'm saying. I didn't start your fucking Brady-Manning argument #897345897, don't bitch at me.

Word

Manning played with really bad defenses in his rookie season of 1998 and again in 2001. Brady played with a strong defense in his debut season of 2001 and a great defense in 2003.

Those first impressions created storylines that linger today: the average fan says Manning's career has been burdened by terrible defenses, while Brady has benefited from the defensive genius of Bill Belichick.

The reality, the Cold, Hard Football Facts, are quite a bit different. The 2005 Colts boasted the No. 2 defense in football, surrendering just 15.4 PPG on their way to a 14-2 record.

The 2005 Colts, with Peyton Manning and an elite defense, went one-and-done in the playoffs, losing 21-18 at home when Manning and the offense struggled to get into gear and, indeed, had produced just a single field goal through three quarters.

Remember the 16-0 Patriots of 2007? Well, it was Peyton Manning's Colts which boasted the league's No. 1 defense that year, surrendering just 16.4 PPG. Those 2007 Colts, which paired Peyton Manning with the best defense in football, also failed to win a single playoff game. The heavily favored Colts lost at home 28-24 to the Chargers.

Manning in that game threw picks on consecutive possessions inside Chargers territory, including one with the ball sitting at the San Diego 4 yard line.

The 2012 Broncos paired Peyton Manning with the league's No. 4 scoring defense; yet again, that team failed to win a single playoff game. Manning threw a pick-six and an ugly overtime INT to seal Denver's fate in a 38-35 loss to the Ravens.

Including this season, Manning has played with seven different defenses that ranked in the Top 8 in scoring. Brady has played with eight different defenses that ranked in the Top 8 in scoring.

Manning's teams have surrendered an average of 21.4 PPG; Brady's teams 18.8 PPG. But Manning has played with Super Bowl-caliber defenses throughout his career, nearly as often as Brady.

Each quarterback has played once with the best defense in football. Brady rode that defense to 15 straight victories and a Super Bowl title during the 2003 season; Manning shit the bed with that defense and went one-and-done in the playoffs during the 2007 season.

zychi

Banned
By Godslay's logic, Eli is the best QB of this generation; he's had meh WRs and RBs his whole career.. He also beat Brady twice, who destroys Peyton every time they play

He must also think Troy Aikman is a God since he only had 1 solid WR his entire career in Irvin and one good TE in Novacek yet managed 3 SB rings.

So Godslay's logic is Troy>Eli>Brady>Peyton

What a weird world to live in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WR prospects are always a total crapshoot. Its getting slightly better with more pro offenses in college but its got to be one of the highest variance positions when it comes to drafting.

Godslay

Banned

I was hoping you would go down this road. I prepared for it:

Average defensive ranking points NE with Brady as their QB:
8th
Worst year 17th in the league.
Best year 1st.

Average defensive ranking points INDY with Peyton as their QB:
15th
Worst year 31st in the league.
Best year 1st.

If you add in the three years with Denver, it comes out it 14.6, which is still 15th on average.

Three years in Denver 4/22/16 = 14th on average.

Continue to cherry pick. You are great at it.

Here's all three teams rankings if you want some help:
Indy
Den
Pats

By Godslay's logic, Eli is the best QB of this generation; he's had meh WRs and RBs his whole career.. He also beat Brady twice, who destroys Peyton every time they play

He must also think Troy Aikman is a God since he only had 1 solid WR his entire career in Irvin and one good TE in Novacek yet managed 3 SB rings.

So Godslay's logic is Troy>Eli>Brady>Peyton

What a weird world to live in.

Team game. Both QBs had copious amounts of help.

Can you post that over your head gif for me?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
WR prospects are always a total crapshoot. Its getting slightly better with more pro offenses in college but its got to be one of the highest variance positions when it comes to drafting.

What? It's pretty easy to see who runs good routes, who's fast and who can catch.

Not really. Most of the time you can see exactly what you need out of a guy. How he catches, how fluid he is in and out of his breaks, hip movement, burst off the line, body control.

Routes are difficult to learn but if a guy can play receiver he can play receiver. A guy like Cooper can play receiver. He and Kevin White are the best of this class IMO. Then you have guys with question marks. Like Funchess (can he catch? is he fluid enough to play outside?) or Parker (Is he durable enough? Can his speed translate? Does he get in and out of his breaks fast enough?).

It's really not a crap shoot if you know what to look for.

Tom Penny

I was hoping you would go down this road. I prepared for it:

Average defensive ranking points NE with Brady as their QB:
8th
Worst year 17th in the league.
Best year 1st.

Average defensive ranking points INDY with Peyton as their QB:
15th
Worst year 31st in the league.
Best year 1st.

If you add in the three years with Denver, it comes out it 14.6, which is still 15th on average.

Three years in Denver 4/22/16 = 14th on average.

Continue to cherry pick. You are great at it.

Here's all three teams rankings if you want some help:
Indy
Den
Pats

I cherry picked the fact that Manning had plenty of good enough defenses but he's a choke artist and did nothing with them. Whatever you say mang.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You'd think that but tons and tons of WRs can't handle the pressures of the pro game.

It's not the pressure, it's reading defenses that's the biggest change. Sure, there are some that are mentally weak, but you can see that in their big college games, too. If your team continually misses on wr's, it's because they have terrible scouts or get too enamored with measurables. It's seriously one of the easiest positions to get a handle on.

Top Bottom