• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

moon7

Banned
Players cheating is different than cheating being part of a teams culture.

ie The Patriot Way!

Wut? This isn't team cheating?

screen-shot-2015-02-06-at-10-41-06-am.png

Joe Montana didn't benefit from having Jerry's hands dipped in stickum watching his overthrown balls?

The coach didn't notice?

The other players didn't either? The other receivers didn't?

Those extra catches he made, didn't help the quarterback, the offense, the team?

Yeah...Jerry walked around looking like he just finished jerking off an oil rig, and no one noticed.

Are my Dutch bros winning it ?

Dutch bros have fallen off in the last couple of years, didn't qualify for the World Cup. Sorry man :(

Need a new sport.

Football is the sports as Batman and Robin was to batman movies.

Is cricket good and which team do Americans root for?

Cricket is awesome, as for teams to root for it's a tough one. What are you looking for? New Zealand are a nice choice if you want a dark horse hitting form at the right time.

Afghanistan are a team that has absolutely no chance of doing anything in the tournament but they're such a feel good story that everyone should love them.

Wut? This isn't team cheating?

screen-shot-2015-02-06-at-10-41-06-am.png

Joe Montana didn't benefit from having Jerry's hands dipped in stickum atching his overthrown balls?

The coach didn't notice?

The other players didn't either? The other receivers didn't?

Those extra catches he made, didn't help the quarterback, the offense, the team?

Yeah...Jerry walked around looking like he just finished jerking off an oil rig, and no one noticed.

They probably all look the same to you but that's not Jerry Rice.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Stickum wasn't banned until 2001 and I know some of y'all are basically fetuses with keyboards, but the shit was as common as helmets back in the day. It was a part of the game back then. We consider it cheating now, but it simply wasn't back then. Different times. You used to be able to assault the receiver anywhere on the field, fight on the bottom of the scrum and piledrive the QB.

Patriots7

Had this argument this morning again.

Pats-GAF, does anyone think Browner does not get enough credit for the role he played in stabilizing our secondary? Revis gets all of the credit, but I feel that it's the fact that we had two top tier corners on the field that really served as the boost we needed, as opposed to only having one great corner on the field, as in the days with Talib (see the AFCCG of 2012 and 2013 when Talib went down).

Browner is a walking penalty flag, no doubt about that.

Tom Penny

Stickum wasn't banned until 2001 and I know some of y'all are basically fetuses with keyboards, but the shit was as common as helmets back in the day. It was a part of the game back then. We consider it cheating now, but it simply wasn't back then. Different times. You used to be able to assault the receiver anywhere on the field, fight on the bottom of the scrum and piledrive the QB.

Rice has taken to Twitter to admit that he did it, and that it was more than “a little illegal.”

“I apologize ppl after doing my research about stickum!,” Rice said. “The NFL banned this in 1981. All players did it! #equalplayingfield.”

Stickum is a sticky adhesive substance that was introduced to Hayes when he was a rookie in 1977 by Hall of Fame wide receiver Fred Biletnikoff. But instead of just using a little on his hands to help him hold onto the football, Hayes also started slathering it all over his arms and even on his uniform, drawing more and more attention to himself and the gooey Stickum. In 1980, Hayes intercepted 13 passes during the regular season and five more in the playoffs as the Raiders went on to win Super Bowl XV. Hayes was named the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year. A year later, in 1981, the NFL banned stickum from the league. It has remained banned since then.

Had this argument this morning again.

Pats-GAF, does anyone think Browner does not get enough credit for the role he played in stabilizing our secondary? Revis gets all of the credit, but I feel that it's the fact that we had two top tier corners on the field that really served as the boost we needed, as opposed to only having one great corner on the field, as in the days with Talib (see the AFCCG of 2012 and 2013 when Talib went down).

Browner is a walking penalty flag, no doubt about that.
Browner brought physicality to the secondary. If not for him that last play in the Superbowl doesn't happen.

jakncoke

Banned
no reason to talk about animu when we can watch things like 75 world champion Pittsburgh Steelers vs. the college all stars clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mxpOUo1euw

lol that coverage on the first td

steelers in this game lol

this clip is weirdly cut

so the very last chicago all star game didnt even play a full 4 qtrs because of rain ? lol

moon7

Banned
They probably all look the same to you but that's not Jerry Rice.

Nice attempt at race baiting. It's an example of stickum, to show that it's not something that's just a "little" illegal. I know it's not Jerry. Good luck finding an image of it on Jerry from the 1980s. But we don't need one when you have a direct admission.

PS: What makes you look bad in all this, is that it's an image of hands. So you might want to think about that hypocritical post.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Lol the irony, do some research before calling everyone else dumb. also how is this any different than "everyone does it"

Nice attempt at race baiting. It's an example of stickum, to show that it's not something that's just a "little" illegal. I know it's not Jerry. Good luck finding an image of it on Jerry from the 1980s. But we don't need one when you have a direct admission.

So you show an extreme example from when it was perfectly legal?

PS: What makes you look bad in all this, is that it's an image of hands. So you might want to think about that hypocritical post.

Son, are you on drugs?

ampere

Rice has taken to Twitter to admit that he did it, and that it was more than “a little illegal.”

“I apologize ppl after doing my research about stickum!,” Rice said. “The NFL banned this in 1981. All players did it! #equalplayingfield.”.

"Brady is a cheat! But when I cheated it was OK!"

it wasn't perfectly legal... it hasnt been since 1981.

You what?

That's a photo of Lester Hayes, who covered his hands and arms in Stickum at a time when it was legal.

Which is why I said the photo was from a time when it was legal.

Because doing what's in that photo was legal.

Until he picked off a shitload of passes and the league banned Stickum the next year.

So once again...that photo shows the legal use of Stickum.

Pats fans are the worst.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You what?

That's a photo of Lester Hayes, who covered his hands and arms in Stickum at a time when it was legal.

Until he picked off a shitload of passes and the league banned Stickum the next year.

Pats fans are the worst.

Thats my bad i assumed you were going along with the guy above claiming what rice did was legal.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I seriously doubt that actual stickum is what Rice applied to his gloves. There's no way they made that shit in spray form. Nowadays, they just build that sticky stuff into the gloves. It's why Kurt Warner wore them to bed with Brenda.

moon7

Banned
So you show an extreme example from when it was perfectly legal?

Son, are you on drugs?

From a condescending race baiter that make zero sense to ad-hominem attacks, all in the span of 2 posts. Is this behavior something you earn once you make it to member status on GAF? I'm done responding to you after this.

Tom Penny

You what?

Pats fans are the worst.

That picture is from the 1984 SB when it was illegal...

From a condescending race baiter that make zero sense to ad-hominem attacks, all in the span of 2 posts. Is this behavior something you earn once you make it to member status on GAF? I'm done responding to you after this.

It's actively encouraged actually.

That picture is from the 1984 SB when it was illegal...

Well now don't I feel like a complete idiot?

Yes actually. Almost as much as that moon dude.

Yeah you look awful.

I'd feel awful too but I'm too busy trying to find why nobody gives a shit that Hayes looks like he jacked off an elephant in the Super Bowl.

smh boban

all this playoff pressure must be getting to your head

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

I need my Madden fix. I start getting a feel for how I want to run my offence and then I have to wait ages for the next game. This shit is driving my crazy.

JNA

Banned
Since the mic version has been released, I can't decided which is more heartbreaking. Sherman's reaction or Carroll's reaction.

Yeah I just watched it myself. Carroll's reaction man...

Lol at the OC though. "I'm gonna run the personal out and call the next play". Oh man.

And why was Wilson like "ok so what are we thinking? What do we do?"...seriously? One yard away and you're asking what to do when you have Marshawn Lynch on your team? 0_0

Bread

Banned
post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

I need my Madden fix. I start getting a feel for how I want to run my offence and then I have to wait ages for the next game. This shit is driving my crazy.
Same. My team is extremely prone to injury so I should just be getting guys back in week 15 I believe. No chance at a bye with gman and Seattle dominating. You might be my first round match up...hope not.

JNA

Banned
Every team should have to donate one good player to the Cleveland Browns, for the purpose of prosperity.

You can have...Tramon Williams?

Although Randall Cobb would be perfect for you guys considering Josh Gordon being out now. But you can't have him damn it!

unless Cobb pulls a Jennings, then he is all yours.

Same. My team is extremely prone to injury so I should just be getting guys back in week 15 I believe. No chance at a bye with gman and Seattle dominating. You might be my first round match up...hope not.

Don't worry, playoff Flacco > Jimmy so things might be very different if we play each other.

My defence looks like turd at the moment, was starting a rookie FS and now that Vaccaro is out 5 weeks I've got another rookie at SS. I cannot stop anything, run or pass and it's stressing me out.

Hopefully, any chance of a playoff meeting with gman is so far away that he'll have forgotten that he needs a new offensive game plan. If I can just get Belton's confidence up to an average level then I should be in with a chance to pull off another upset, although I really don't want to have to travel to Minnesota in the playoffs.

Top Bottom