• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

MechDX

ESPN just did a Dating Game sort of thing with Maxwell, and he chose the Jags over Philly and Seattle :jnc

Not that far fetched. old DC is now the head coach and they can throw crazy money at him.

Also the shock to Philly fans would be fun to watch.

MechDX

Dre for Marshall. Dre for Hartline. I just can't.

You don't really think Hartline is O'Brien replacing Andre. Do you? Just another piece.

Don't most places give you a 10 mph buffer zone from the speed limit? Check your state laws.

In Maine anything over 10 MPH over the speed limit is a felony. Was wondering why I was passing everyone when we visited and my wife finally decided to tell me this pertinent info and hour later.....

Mojo retiring.

B_XW90wXEAIYLUy.jpg

MechDX

He's irreplaceable. Hell, I don't even know who the fuck is gonna be throwing the damn ball.

I'm giving O'Brien the benefit of the doubt. for years fans have screamed why cant we be like other teams. Quit operating under Kubiaks good ol boy network signing players and coaches who were just terrible, keeping players due to loyalty, etc..... Now we have someone who is doing that most fans are screaming bloody murder. Not aimed at you but an observation form this week. the QB issue is confusing right now since I thought there honestly was a deal with Mallett in place.

I'll always believe.

One day!!

Oh I still believe but damn if it doesn't just suck.

gutshot

The guy JJ Watt likes to pretend that he is...

B_WcYoRU0AAoIZ1.jpg:large

The future of the Toronto Blue Jays wakes up in a 1978 Volkswagen camper behind the dumpsters at a Wal-Mart and wonders if he has anything to eat. He rummages through a half-empty cooler until he finds a dozen eggs. "I'm not sure about these," he says, removing three from the carton, studying them, smelling them and finally deciding it's safe to eat them. While the eggs cook on a portable stove, he begins the morning ritual of cleaning his van, pulling the contents of his life into the parking lot. Out comes a surfboard. Out comes a subzero sleeping bag. Out comes his only pair of jeans and his handwritten journals. A curious shopper stops to watch. "Hiya," Daniel Norris says, waving as the customer walks away into the store. Norris turns back to his eggs. "I've gotten used to people staring," he says.

This is where Norris has chosen to live while he tries to win a job in the Blue Jays' rotation: in a broken-down van parked under the blue fluorescent lights of a Wal-Mart in the Florida suburbs. There, every morning, is one of baseball's top-ranked prospects, doing pull-ups and resistance exercises on abandoned grocery carts. There he is each evening, making French press coffee and organic stir-fry on his portable stove. There he is at night, wearing a spelunking headlamp to go with his unkempt beard, writing in his "thought journal" or rereading Kerouac.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...ue-jays-prospect-daniel-norris-lives-own-code

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
B2Vgo4pIYAAvPAA.jpg

Best defensive lineman in the league brehs

All natural brehs

How the hell does JJ Watt pass all these drug tests and when will we get the inevitable leak he's on roids?

MechDX

Kas is already deflecting his anger because $uh would rather go to South Beach than stay in a shithole like Detroit and fight for positioning in the lunch line with Stafford

Colasante

Having accepted that Devin McCourty is a goner, I guess I hope now that he chooses the Eagles over the Giants or Jets, because fuck the Giants and Jets. Who needs him anyway? Duron Harmon future!

Saints restructured Byrd to a 5 million$ cap hit. that was a good move. Still not enough though.

Yeah I saw that, good move. Palmer has already told Keim he'd be willing to restructure to go after FAs. I think we do that and look at doing the same for Campbell and Veldheer as well. Is it the 10th yet? sigh

Palmer has been running for a few weeks and doing cuts through cones. He throws 5 days a week and is feeling great. Hoping to get reps in OTAs if Arians lets him but should in the least make it for training camp and said he'll be ready to rock when the season hits.

Jason_OTC ‏@Jason_OTC 3m3 minutes ago
One thing I would say with the Rosenhaus deals is to take some of the totals with a grain of salt. Often incentive filled compared to others

#CapWatch

Patriots7

Having accepted that Devin McCourty is a goner, I guess I hope now that he chooses the Eagles over the Giants or Jets, because fuck the Giants and Jets. Who needs him anyway? Duron Harmon future!
I don't get how our cap management is such shit.
We have one of the youngest teams in the league.
Our QB is paid like a peasant.
RB? Lol.

Yet we likely can't even keep our two most valuable defenders.

Colasante

I don't get how our cap management is such shit.
We have one of the youngest teams in the league.
Our QB is paid like a peasant.
RB? Lol.

Yet we likely can't even keep our two most valuable defenders.

The cap has been managed fine. When you see a team with a lot of cap space, it's not because they've managed it better than other teams, it's because they've had fewer players that they needed to pay. The Patriots have the space to sign both Revis and McCourty, it's just unlikely at this point. You can't pay everybody and they have to keep the cap flexible because Solder, Jones, and Hightower are up for extensions within the next two years.

Top Bottom