• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

zychi

Banned
If you look at the list of winners, more times than not a heisman winner didnt pan out. Pretty funny how its almost like its a curse to win a heisman

because it's usually an offensive player in cfb. where theres MAYBE 2 teams who play defense. Chucking it up or plowing through a bunch of scrub teams all year doesn't make you a great football player.

Why do people keep talking about Chip trading with Tampa? Isn't it pretty clear they'll be taking Winston? Why no noise about them trading with Washington, who's got the pick right before the Jets who are likely to take a hard look at QB?

ampere

Yea Cam is good. I'll take the L for that post, but usually the case

Still think the all in strat on one player who is unproven in the NFL is risky. The recent Heisman QBs in the NFL other than Cam who seem to have the pedigree to play NFL ball have all been plagued by injuries

Maybe Mariota and/or Winston are different and have better luck, but I don't think the risk is worth it. If you have one of those high draft picks you are probably better trading it away for a shitload of picks

I'm just shocked Chip didn't get a draft pick out of the trade. I mean yea, usually you can't get one if its known you're looking to get rid of a guy, but you can usually get a pick when you take a team by surprise with a star being available.

Yea Cam is good. I'll take the L for that post, but usually the case

Still think the all in strat on one player who is unproven in the NFL is risky. The recent Heisman QBs in the NFL other than Cam who seem to have the pedigree to play NFL ball have all been plagued by injuries

Maybe Mariota and/or Winston are different and have better luck, but I don't think the risk is worth it. If you have one of those high draft picks you are probably better trading it away for a shitload of picks

The reason I think it's a little more sane for the Eagles is the system is relatively QB friendly. Look how far they got with Foles and Sanchez. They can fix their only huge issue in free agency then take a risk on a QB who is already familiar with the system.

ampere

The reason I think it's a little more sane for the Eagles is the system is relatively QB friendly. Look how far they got with Foles and Sanchez. They can fix their only huge issue in free agency then take a risk on a QB who is already familiar with the system.

Chip is a great coach and having worked with Mariota he probably has a really good feeling about his NFL potential, but there still comes that injury risk.

That happens a lot with modern NFL though, you practically need a good QB to win and that almost necessitates building around them which is risky

Why do people keep talking about Chip trading with Tampa? Isn't it pretty clear they'll be taking Winston? Why no noise about them trading with Washington, who's got the pick right before the Jets who are likely to take a hard look at QB?

Division rivals usually won't make a trade like that, unless Philly really went nuts and Washington believed it would hurt them rather than help them. Oakland remains their best trade partner and will give them a reasonable deal.

Colasante

.@AdamSchefter tells @AdamSchein he expects #Jets will attempt to pay Darrelle Revis "anything he wants", and says it'll come down to NE/NYJ

Hey, at least if the Patriots lose Revis they'll probably get a nice pick from the Jets for tampering.

Bowser

@MikeSilver: As for news: I'm told the Raiders are planning to have Ndamukong Suh in for a visit next week. @nflnetwork @nfl

edit: damn you JABEE

gutshot

There've been lots of rumors that they are trying to get up to 1. The thinking, from the Eagles standpoint, is that they can finalize the deal now as opposed to having to wait until draft day, so they can approach free agency with that in mind.

Division rivals usually won't make a trade like that, unless Philly really went nuts and Washington believed it would hurt them rather than help them. Oakland remains their best trade partner and will give them a reasonable deal.

Either Oakland or Tennessee. Tennessee needs a QB and a pass rusher. Eagles have both that they could deal. Vinny Curry had 9 sacks in less than 50% of defensive snaps, which is like the most efficient pass rusher in the NFL, and will cost only $1M next year. Foles also has a year left before he's an FA. Titans could take both of them and some picks and basically get two players with known performance that they can evaluate for a year before resigning. If I were Tennessee I'd do that trade any day.

Colasante

There is too much inbreeding between the AFCE, almost feels like players and coaches just switch between those four teams. Fucken Gata.

Happens a lot in the NFC North as well. This is what happens when the bad teams take the bad players from the Patriots and Packers and the Patriots and Packers take the good players from the bad teams.

MechDX

chip ‏@theotherchip · 14m14 minutes ago
@JaysonBraddock Oakland making head scratching moves in free agency is the NFL's equivalent to lighting the Olympic torch. #LetTheGamesBegin

So true.

Suh will probably just use us for leverage.

Either Oakland or Tennessee. Tennessee needs a QB and a pass rusher. Eagles have both that they could deal. Vinny Curry had 9 sacks in less than 50% of defensive snaps, which is like the most efficient pass rusher in the NFL, and will cost only $1M next year. Foles also has a year left before he's an FA. Titans could take both of them and some picks and basically get two players with known performance that they can evaluate for a year before resigning. If I were Tennessee I'd do that trade any day.

I think Tennessee might prefer to have Leonard Williams and stick with Mettenberger. But yeah, who knows.

Colasante

I don't see any reason to think it'll happen, but I really want Suh to sign with the Titans and for them to draft Leonard Williams so they'll have a beastly line of Williams, Suh, and Jurell Casey and finally have something interesting going for them.

Pats are interested in Brian Hartline

I'm not so interested in Hartline, although he's a more realistic target than Andre Johnson or Brandon Marshall and Brandon LaFell worked out this season despite my misgivings.

jakncoke

Banned
i looked at overthecap, spotrac and the nflpa list. All have dolphins not that much cap. How much back end deal fuckery are they going to swing to land suh lol

i looked at overthecap, spotrac and the nflpa list. All have dolphins not that much cap. How much back end deal fuckery are they going to swing to land suh lol

It's possible

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/miami-dolphins-the-major-player-for-free-agent-nda/nkNfz/

“You could give him hypothetically a $20 million signing bonus and then give him slightly above the minimum base salary,” Corry said. “Then he’s making $21 million this year and you’ve got him for a cap number under $5 million.”

Last week the Dolpins had the third-least cap space of any NFL teams, but they’ve since cut veterans Brian Hartline, Brandon Gibson, Cortland Finnegan and Nate Garner.

They could immediately clear up at least $10 million more by releasing Wallace, linebackers Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler and defensive tackle Randy Starks

Sounds like we are keeping Wallace though, hopefully that deters any moves towards Suh,

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I hope you give Suh $150 million

Your two pretty by QBs don't want to face Suh twice a year. No one does.

I hate that Suh is playing with my (and Lions fans hearts) like this but it's all part of the process. Guy is going to test the market and get as much as he's earned.

Screw those Detroit fans putting up $uh? Billboards questioning his love for the game. At the end I still have faith we'll offer him the most money. If not, then =/ I'll still watch and follow every game he plays.

MechDX

Mech, don't act like you never stood up for Swearinger's dirty ass.

#RIPDustin

His rookie year, yes. (That still was a clean hit, not dirty) He had potential but he has shown almost no improvement and was rated by PFF this past year as one of the worst 5 safties in the league. Please tell me where I even suggested I am standing up for him now.

Either way the report of him taking the truck without paying is now being reported as somewhat false. He is in Florida training and he could not have taken the truck. TMZ and PFT jumped the gun again.

JCizzle

B_Vq-vOW8AI5SOP.jpg

We need all GAF posts to be on the notepad graphic.

Bread

Banned
Same reason to be happy A-rod signed with the Yankees. He eats all their money and fucks the rest of the team over regardless of production
Lmao you were happy when ARod signed with the Yankees? That's some revisionist history there.

Suh is a top defensive player in the league playing at a position that would take advantage of a Pats weakness (interior oline). The Dolphins are already a good team, this would make them a much bigger threat to us.

Sweet, I'll watch.

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1m1 minute ago

Also getting the sense from some around the league that Vic Beasley could well be the first OLB off the board in this year's draft.

What I've been saying.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2m2 minutes ago

This could be final season for Peyton Manning & Brock Osweiler, presenting QB dilemma for 2016 : http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/c...passes-physical-makes-return-broncos-official … via @mikeklis

Didn't realize Broz was heading into his 4th year as a backup. Kinda crazy for a 2nd round pick. Wonder what Broncos will do at end of season, do you resign a guy who hasn't started a game?

Top Bottom