• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Bowser

Next up is restructuring CJ as he is really the last of the Hurney mega-deals gone wrong and then we can get cracking on this FA period.

I think I'd rather extend CJ than restructure him. Restructuring would basically just flip flop his cap numbers ($20M / $15M to $16M / $19M per OTC cap calculator). I think he's got a lot of ball left in him, we could do a similar 2-3 year extension like we did with Olsen.

cdyhybrid

22rJOv8.png

MechDX

💰💰💰 RT @VicTafur: Branch, Woodley, Jones-Drew off the books puts #Raiders at $64M under the cap. Schaub's departure will make it $69.5M

JABEE

Maxwell was interviewed by CSNPhilly today.

Byron Maxwell was asked if maybe he would be talking to CSN Philly this time next week.

He said "maybe."

He also said that player around the league like Chip Kelly because he wins.

Also $$$

Tom Penny

The cap has been managed fine. When you see a team with a lot of cap space, it's not because they've managed it better than other teams, it's because they've had fewer players that they needed to pay. The Patriots have the space to sign both Revis and McCourty, it's just unlikely at this point. You can't pay everybody and they have to keep the cap flexible because Solder, Jones, and Hightower are up for extensions within the next two years.

The bottom line is they have the money. If they don't get it done it's on them. Specifically with Revis since there is nobody even close on the market. I don't see any excuse. The cap goes up every year..there always a way to cut and restructure guys later down the road. Every team does it.

Colasante

Next season will be such a letdown.

Also, what's the penalty for staying below the cap, and does it matter by how much?

I'm not positive, but as far as I'm aware if you're under the spending floor you're essentially forced to cut a check to the NFL for the amount you're under. This is why I think the Patriots will spend cash even if it's not in their nature, because it makes more sense to pay for players than penalties.

Respect

The bottom line is they have the money. If they don't get it done it's on them. Specifically with Revis since there is nobody even close on the market. I don't see any excuse. The cap goes up every year..there always a way to cut and restructure guys later down the road. Every team does it.

Yeah, not going to be happy if they lose both DMC and revis, I know revis is the more important piece...still hope they hold onto DMC too.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm so tired of hearing ESPN push the narrative of Suh should go to New York or Philly because he likes the "limelight". Mind you he usually doesn't do interviews and loves Nebraska the opposite of New York. East coast media bias in full effect.

You know what makes the NFL different from other leagues? Your team can be in the limelight if you WIN. Why else would anyone give a hell about the city of Green Bay? Suh will continue to have success and with that will come wins. With the wins will come more MNF games and games in London.

I can almost guarantee one of the secret pitches Reggie McKenzie will make to Suh will be the fact the Raiders are moving LA or another city.

Because the facilities Suh had at Nebraska are better than the horrible facilities and stadium Oakland has to play in.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
:jnc

I won't be complaining about the Pats for at least a couple years, this win meant the most to me.

exactly how i feel. still nice to win but if all ended today Brady already solidified himself as one of the goats. 5 would be nice, but honestly would it change anybody's mind?

minx

That's fine if the Bears want to trade Marshall but you might as well trade Forte and Cutler while you are at it. Team isn't going anywhere in the 2015 season. Get as many draft picks as you can and suck for a QB while rebuilding the abysmal defense.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Get as many draft picks as you can and suck for a QB while rebuilding the abysmal defense.

No matter what happens with Suh I will always find solace in the fact we have a humble, baller as fuck franchise QB for the next 10 years.

Check the stats.

Matthew-Stafford-001.jpg

Patriots7

You guys will find any reason in the world to complain. Spoiled rotten.
I am a fan of UVa football. Y'all don't even know what real suffering is.

This is one of the last few seasons we have of TB12 playing before Jimmy era and the impending Dolphins and Bills take over of the AFC East. Not that I'm demanding a SB or anything, but definitely wanna see him finish on a competitive team.

cdyhybrid

I am a fan of UVa football. Y'all don't even know what real suffering is.

This is one of the last few seasons we have of TB12 playing before Jimmy era and the impending Dolphins and Bills take over of the AFC East. Not that I'm demanding a SB or anything, but definitely wanna see him finish on a competitive team.

Have fun watching him sign with the Jets after Belicheat cuts him next offseason.

Godslay

Banned
Sad to hear Jones Drew call it quits. Hopefully he gets a coaching spot at his old high school

I forgot to write you back about Orlando the other day.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with him. I'd like to get him back, but he might be too pricey. He's a pretty good LG, and a good RT as well. He's big, but I think good enough to run the ZBS.

I haven't heard much buzz of teams going after him, so I can't gauge yet.

Top Bottom