• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Bowser

Just records friend. Didn't know they beat them in 2015 already! Congrats.

There are no facts for a year that hasn't happened.
That's also why, 'dare I say'. Not, 'they are unequivocally a better team.'

Be gentle, he's in shock that a player would prefer to pay no taxes and live on South Beach rather than the decaying dreck known as Detroit.

BigAT

Wow at the suh deal, guy better perform now that its not his contract year

Baby-Laughing-Hard-and-Falls-Over.gif

Woah we did it?! We got Suh!

I see what they are doing, we need to stop brady to get out of the division and what better way than with an insane Dline.

That said our coach will have issues with suh, and we now have no money. maybe we overpaid but this guy I think is worth it not like wallace.

Suh is crazy fit and works hard. I wouldn't compare him to Hansworth. The bigger issue is that his game is like 90% power. As he ages or gets injured he's going to start looking really average.

Godslay

Banned
Exactly.

Like EZ said though, it's probably not $60 million "fully guaranteed," for Suh. Will have to wait and see what the actual contract looks like. So I jumped the gun there a bit as well.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Glad to see the Raiders dodging some landmines already though.

Stafford has peaked, jury is still out on Tannehill. I think that has to count for something.

No real contender was going to pay Suh anything close to this. Hard to blame him, in my opinion.

Tom Penny

Do you think that the Pats have that $5M in mind when throwing out an offer? I bet they do. It has to factor in. It's too large to ignore.

So if they pats weren't on the books for 5 million that would dramatically make a difference in their current offer / value they set for Revis? Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They are both lousy franchises that never win. Might as well take the money and better weather.

Agree.

Stafford has peaked, jury is still out on Tannehill. I think that has to count for something.

No real contender was going to pay Suh anything close to this. Hard to blame him, in my opinion.

Disagree on Stafford. OL was dreadful this year. I'd like to see him have ayear or two with an upgraded OL before making that statement.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Yeah right. You'll be back.

Tannehill is playing better football than Stafford lately. He also didn't have the benefit of prime Megatron so I'd rather have Tannehill than Stafford.

Draxal

South Beach with that money and no state income tax ... he'd be insane not to do it.

Bread

Banned
AFC east dlines (outside of the pats) are stacked. Bill has to seriously upgrade the offensive line if we want to win the division.

Godslay

Banned
So if they pats weren't on the books for 5 million that would dramatically make a difference in their current offer / value they set for Revis? Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Sure.

They could offer him $5M more in bonuses/guarantees and be competitive with other team's offers.

As it stands now they paid $5M for a window of renegotiation, and if Revis hits FA he wins twice because he will get the Pats money as well as getting more than what the Pats are probably willing to offer from another team.

Disagree on Stafford. OL was dreadful this year. I'd like to see him have ayear or two with an upgraded OL before making that statement.

Stafford is out of excuses IMO. If he doesn't play well this year, with what I presume will be a better/healthier line, we should prepare to move on. We're going to fuck around and waste another superstar's prime (Megatron) due to bullshit.

btw
B_mI-RzUYAA2R8g.png:large

sigh...

beast786

Just records friend. Didn't know they beat them in 2015 already! Congrats.

There are no facts for a year that hasn't happened.
That's also why, 'dare I say'. Not, 'they are unequivocally a better team.'

It's almost as if I wrote "last year".

Suh is a force . When you are bad team you need superstar to make up for other lack of talent. With being 17m under cap it will help plug some holes.

Suh lost would be huge but I feel they now have enough talent in team to not rely on one mega superstar.

Only time will tell. I am dissatisfied him leaving but I don't think its a bad move after this year when 9m of dead money will be gone

Duxxy3

AFC east dlines (outside of the pats) are stacked. Bill has to seriously upgrade the offensive line if we want to win the division.

Not really. Suh is the only new one and he's sitting on a fat contract now. Jets d-line is still talented, but no longer have rex around to scheme. Bills d-line should be great.

Still... I would like two new starting guards.

Hate to see Suh go, I like him as a player...but at the same time I think we'll be better off long term and I'm glad we didn't give him that deal. In fact I'd imagine there are a lot of fans of different teams glad their front office didn't give him that deal.

The bigger issue I have is that the Lions bumbled Suh from the very beginning, starting with the rookie contract. Then they restructured his deal to make room for free agents, kicking the can down the road. If his cap hit was something reasonable like 12-13mil I would have been fine with franchising him. That didn't happen because our GM is an idiot. Who btw will probably draft an RB in the first round this year.

Now we have money to sign some FAs though, which is what I like. My priorities:

1. CB to replace Mathis. Don't chase Revis, just pick up a solid starter.

2. Vet DT. I wouldn't break the bank on a DT, and instead would just chase a solid vet. We should be able to get a good DT in the draft

3. OL. Stafford got murdered all season. I'm sure we'll pick an OL within the first three rounds of the draft but I'd be fine with picking one up through free agency as well.

No RB. Spiller is injury prone, I see no point in giving him shit. I'd rather draft Langford or Yeldon in the third round.

If it's Gordon I'm okay with it but Gurley fuck no.

Top Bottom