• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Team was gonna fall off regardless. Defense is disintegrating and Kaepernick will be a shell of his former self without Harbaugh.

The 49ers might not be great next year, but I don't expect the defense to fall off that much. They've been top 5 for years now and haven't lost that many crucial pieces, and then you got young guys like Reid, Borland, and Lynch coming up strong. Not to mention Willis, Aldon Smith, and Bowman coming back at 100%

Fox318

zAbhQEv.jpg

amazing

Furyous

Eagles having a stellar offseason thus far by signing Gore and Maxwell. If they re-sign Mac and find a way to draft Mariotta then they move up my Madden pre-season power rankings. Good job getting rid of Cary Williams by the way.

Seahawks DB coach needs a raise. He's getting more people paid than the American Recovery and Reinvestment. If there is a lifetime achievement award for DB coaches then this coach is in the running.

rando14

Eagles having a stellar offseason thus far by signing Gore and Maxwell. If they re-sign Mac and find a way to draft Mariotta then they move up my Madden pre-season power rankings. Good job getting rid of Cary Williams by the way.

Seahawks DB coach needs a raise. He's getting more people paid than the American Recovery and Reinvestment. If there is a lifetime achievement award for DB coaches then this coach is in the running.

He did get a raise: he's our new defensive coordinator

squicken

Kevin Seifert @SeifertESPN

1. Lions offered 6 yrs, $102M, $58M g’teed, per @mikerothstein + others. Suh took 6-114-60 from Dolphins. But no FL income tax adds value

2. Still, Lions didn't miss by too much on the bidding. Clearly Suh was looking to max out. A business decision, which he is entitled to.

3. Had they taken a different cap management tack in recent years, Lions could have tied Suh to franchise and leveraged him into their deal.

4. In a business, Suh owes Lions nothing. But hopefully he won't forget their unwavering, near-blind support of his antics over years.

Godslay

Banned
Orlando Franklin to Chargers:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 42s42 seconds ago
Yup. RT @UTgehlken: Source on Saturday characterized OL Orlando Franklin to Chargers as "unofficially done."

Assuming it's done that's too bad. Now I'll have to hate him.

In reality though he's too expensive. When Free and Newton came in where they did I assumed he was gone.

Reunites with McCoy which is good for him.

Good bye you crossed eye Canadian road grader with a heart of gold. I would have paid whatever the Chargers wanted for the record.

I hate homers playing that card. What "support" did the Lions give to Suh and his antics that every other team in the league wouldn't do when a star player of theirs acts like a shit head? It's not like they could have cut him.

Godslay

Banned
Bears are at least rebuilding and not relying on Stafford. Bears get a slight edge

Broncos are in the same boat. Broken old QB, and everyone is leaving town.

Stafford is better than Cutler. You don't even need Kas to see that.

Doesn't matter though, Packers are the only competent org in that division anyways.

Peyton's old no doubt, he's still better than anyone whose lined up under center in the entire history of the Bears.

Everyone that is leaving is getting paid off of their rookie deals. It happens. Can't sign them all especially when the price was driven up. That's life in the NFL.

Wouldn't be shocked now if a team throws a generous offer at Virgil Green as well.

Has 6-8 teams pursuing him if rumors are true. Hope he makes it back. If not we'll have to draft a TE pretty early.

Godslay

Banned
Cutler made it to an NFC Championship. Give him Megatron in his prime, that defense and a dome, and he doesn't blow it all away like Stafford does.

Mark Sanchez made it to the AFCCG, you gonna start hanging those up as banners?

Stafford would have made it through the game, win or lose. That's an auto win for him.

effzee

I do not like the Gore signing one bit. Even if he isn't our feature back we went from a 26 year old McCoy to 31 year old Gore who btw is coming in at the same price McCoy would have cost after a restructure.

WTF? I was finally on board with moving McCoy so we can sign defensive FAs and then use a 3rd or 4th round pick on a RB to pair with Sproles.

Not this. And this better not prevent the Eagles from signing McCourty and or Worilds.

zychi

Banned
Mark Sanchez made it to the AFCCG, you gonna start hanging those up as banners?

Stafford would have made it through the game, win or lose. That's an auto win for him.
Nah, we dont hang banners. We dont play in a dome like Peyton did for most of his career.
Code:
M. Forte	10	90	0	24
J. Knox	2	56	0	32
E. Bennett	3	45	1	35T
G. Olsen	3	30	0	13
C. Taylor	1	12	0	12

Look at those receivers Cutler had! Top tier all-time elite.

bigkrev

I do not like the Gore signing one bit. Even if he isn't our feature back we went from a 26 year old McCoy to 31 year old Gore who btw is coming in at the same price McCoy would have cost after a restructure.

WTF? I was finally on board with moving McCoy so we can sign defensive FAs and then use a 3rd or 4th round pick on a RB to pair with Sproles.

Not this. And this better not prevent the Eagles from signing McCourty and or Worilds.

They aren't done at RB yet, I bet. And now that it's come out that it's a "3 year" deal with only 7.5 guaranteed, I'm fine with the price. He's the polar opposite of Mccoy (up the middle power vs backfield shiftiness to find a hole), and makes me think they probably wanted Ingram before he re-signed with the Saints.

Top Bottom