• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

RBH

Why you doing this?

I'm right here!

Words hurt. :(

image.php

rando14

Nah, we dont hang banners. We dont play in a dome like Peyton did for most of his career.

Look at those receivers Cutler had! Top tier all-time elite.

...You're going to play the "shitty receivers" game?

Child please, you don't even know

JABEE

I do not like the Gore signing one bit. Even if he isn't our feature back we went from a 26 year old McCoy to 31 year old Gore who btw is coming in at the same price McCoy would have cost after a restructure.

WTF? I was finally on board with moving McCoy so we can sign defensive FAs and then use a 3rd or 4th round pick on a RB to pair with Sproles.

Not this. And this better not prevent the Eagles from signing McCourty and or Worilds.
The Eagles didn't give up that much to get Gore. I bet you they draft a HB as well.

zychi

Banned
...You're going to play the "shitty receivers" game?

Child please, you don't even know

Slay said Stafford would have made it through the game, no o-line and no Megatron to toss it up to. Stafford is out 3 weeks into the season, let alone make it to an NFC title game. Look how he shit the bed this year.

Godslay

Banned
Nah, we dont hang banners. We dont play in a dome like Peyton did for most of his career.

Look at those receivers Cutler had! Top tier all-time elite.

Best year Peyton ever had was outdoors in thr fresh mountain air of majestic Rocky Mountains.

As far as the WRs, we get it, it never is or will be Cutler's fault.

effzee

They aren't done at RB yet, I bet. And now that it's come out that it's a "3 year" deal with only 7.5 guaranteed, I'm fine with the price. He's the polar opposite of Mccoy (up the middle power vs backfield shiftiness to find a hole), and makes me think they probably wanted Ingram before he re-signed with the Saints.

And you can find a RB with Gore like running style in the draft. If the justification to move McCoy was that RBs can be replaced so easily with 2, 3, or 4th round picks, who we would pay 600k per the rookie deal, why sign an aging FA who you have to pay just as much as McCoy?

Sounds terrible to me.

The Eagles didn't give up that much to get Gore. I bet you they draft a HB as well.

Right but why give up any money to a FA RB? And Gore at his age? Might as well have kept McCoy and drafted a back with similar skill set as Gore.

Or if you absolutely must sign a FA RB since the while draft will be traded for Mariota, go for Spiller.

MechDX

Think @ChronBrianSmith reported it. Take it to the bank MT @Britt_Acres rumors true that Kareem turned down more money from New Orleans

Not always about money.

After 30 hours of tampering, it seems a very good bet Pats will retain either Revis or McCourty and a pretty good bet they keep both.--**Curran Twitter

Godslay

Banned
Jay Cutler will win a Superbowl in Chicago before Peyton wins one in Denver.

Well, Peyton has one more year left. Given Cutler is younger he has more seasons left to prove this true. Bold prediction.

In reality though, Vikings probably pull up behind the Pack, and Detroit and the Bears will be bottom feeders in that division.

36/4 for Flowers. Dang, CB market getting hot. Athletic WR's with shitty hands should start converting to CB...

It's too bad Braylon Edwards already retired. I'm glad the Chargers seem to be making moves with their cap space. Sounds like they snagged Orlando Franklin.

WedgeX

Banned
Holy crap the Lions offered Suh a lot of money. Glad he didn't take it. Good luck, Miami. Can we begin the over/under until Suh kills a quarterback by stomping their face, now likelier to be Brady than Rodgers, and is sent to jail for ever?

I feel like the Lions will never be rid of the money tied up in those huge rookie contracts and subsequent re-ups at higher numbers. But such is the price of sucking and getting early picks. Thanks, Matt Millen!

I hope some reasonable talent comes to Detroit.

Godslay

Banned
You guys seem to be pretty active 'round here. 11 pages since my last post 4 hours ago is just crazy.

So what is the best way to get more familiar to the sport other than just reading the rules and stats?

MechDX

You guys seem to be pretty active 'round here. 11 pages since my last post 4 hours ago is just crazy.

So what is the best way to get more familiar to the sport other than just reading the rules and stats?

Play some Madden. Seriously

kaiju

With Gore likely gone, the Niners have called the Vikings about Peterson.

@VincentFrankNFL 49ers have called the Vikings regarding Adrian Peterson. Nothing serious, gauging interest/AP contract demands.

I still think El Guapo can start, but this is interesting.

ShaneB

Very active thread usually, but also because it's really turning into a hectic free agent time with big deals coming and official signings on tuesday.

I'll recommend setting up a NFL Now+ sub (just a couple bucks) and really diving into the extensive video library they have online, lots of great stuff.

zychi

Banned
Glad we agree. Lol.

Our reasons are likely different. Bears aren't doing shit until Rodgers retires. When he missed half the regular season, no one in the division did anything. It just shows how shitty the NFC is besides like 2 teams.

My poor wallet :/ Hard to afford all this greatness when you're a student. Madden 15 is still like 60€. But I'm getting Madden 16 for sure.

$30 for EA Access on X1, makes it "free"

If they can get a good mid tier receiver like Hartline, the d lineman Rubin from Cleveland and sign Revis or McCourty I'd be happy.

Hartline is done bruh

My poor wallet :/ Hard to afford all this greatness when you're a student. Madden 15 is still like 60€. But I'm getting Madden 16 for sure.

Get an older version, I still play madden 12 on my vita lol that game isn't worth full price, otherwise just watch videos on NFL, shows like playbook talk a lot about plays and breakdowns, you can always ask here, lot's of knowledgeable posters despite all the joking around we do.

Top Bottom