• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

rando14

So basically the salary cap and revenue sharing will be fucked? Don't really like this and I am a fan of a team with a rich ass owner.

If owners who have the cash to make that kind of commitment start making that kind of commitment, they’ll have a huge advantage when it comes to signing players. Eventually, the richest owners will take over the league.

fqKGi.gif

gutshot

NO....

I rather just roll with the recievers we got than have Craptree. I dont want anyone from SF's offense to be honest

Michael Crabtree
27 years old, 6'1", 214 lbs
347 rec, 4,327 yds, 26 TDs

Jeremy Maclin
26 years old, 6'0" 198 lbs
343 rec, 4,771 yds, 36 TDs

Seem like, more or less, the same player to me. If they can get Crabtree for less than the $9m a year that they were offering Maclin, that is a win.

Eric Ebron:

@Ebron 85

*Sigh*

He's made it with no ones help. Guess that means why try? He's already reached the skyscrapers with his amazing rookie season.

He doesn't owe nobody no favors? so he owes favors to everybody. I'm going to call mine in right now. Give me $100k cash. You owe me brah!

rando14

Seattle, Dallas, Houston, Boston, NY, Washington, Miami.

Who else would be included if it became a true money game?

Rams owner is actually super wealthy too. JAX would be high up there as well I think

(Talking about pure owner wealth, not market)

Michael Crabtree

Jeremy Maclin

Seem like, more or less, the same player to me. If they can get Crabtree for less than the $9m a year that they were offering Maclin, that is a win.

im basing this off the eyetest. ive watched this dude over the years only because my bestfriend is a 49ers fan. he had one good season. other than that, maclin was a way better player. we dont need him. if we could get rid of Coop and get Crabtree to replace him? cool. But that aint happenin so Nah

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
im basing this off the eyetest. ive watched this dude over the years only because my bestfriend is a 49ers fan. he had one good season. other than that, maclin was a way better player. we dont need him. if we could get rid of Coop and get Crabtree to replace him? cool. But that aint happenin so Nah

If their career stats are basically the same that kind of says who else has only had one really good season in their career.

ampere

NFL owners have money? Thought they were living paycheck to paycheck

Other teams won't do a deal with Suh like that because it's retarded and handcuffs your future. When Philbin gets fired the next coach will have to deal with that shit

Crabtree gets no separation and doesn't fight for the ball. However, he is big bodied, a good blocker and has good hands. His route running is pretty good which helps his lack of speed.

I'd be ok @ $5 mil a year. Anymore than that is too much

gutshot

Maclin's only had one good season too. It just so happens that that was this past season, which is why he ended up getting $11m a year. I'm not saying Crabtree is a stud, but he clearly has some talent and I think he could put up good numbers in this offense.

Crabtree gets no separation and doesn't fight for the ball. However, he is big bodied, a good blocker and has good hands. His route running is pretty good which helps his lack of speed.

I'd be ok @ $5 mil a year. Anymore than that is too much

You just sold him to Chip right there. Chip loves him some big bodied receivers who can block.

If only Crabtree had lit up the Eagles this past season, he'd already be in midnight green.

Anything bad happen in 49er land today?

Let's check the timeline

07/31/2014 - 49ers, Harbaugh pull plug on contract talks until after the season
08/04/2014 - The 49ers' New Football Stadium Is a Dud
08/14/2014 - Traffic, tech glitches mar 1st event at new Levi's Stadium
08/17/2014 - Broncos spoil 49ers' first game at new stadium with 34-0 rout
08/21/2014 - Levi's Stadium sod fails after one game, 49ers tearing it out
08/22/2014 - High school games at Levi’s Stadium scrapped over grass issues
08/24/2014 - 49ers’ offense starts slowly, again
08/29/2014 - 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith suspended nine games by NFL
08/31/2014 - 49ers' Ray McDonald arrested on domestic violence charge
09/07/2014 - Jim Harbaugh 'may be losing' the 49ers' locker room, per report
09/22/2014 - NFL fines Niners QB Colin Kaepernick for racial slur
10/05/2014 - Glazer: Not even 49ers’ Super Bowl win will save Harbaugh in San Francisco
10/08/2014 - PROSECUTOR: MAN ATTACKED AT 49ERS GAME IN CRITICAL CONDITION, HAS PARTIAL PARALYSIS
11/28/2014 - Trent Baalke's daughter rips 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman
11/28/2014 - 49ers owner apologizes on Twitter: Thanksgiving loss was 'unacceptable'
12/14/2014 - 49ers' season doomed by losses that shouldn't have happened
12/17/2014 - 49ers cut Ray McDonald amid rape investigation
12/28/2014 - 49ers, Jim Harbaugh Mutually Agree to Part Ways
01/14/2015 - Niners choose to promote Jim Tomsula to head coach
01/15/2015 - The 49ers Situation Got So Toxic That Jim Harbaugh And The New Coach Weren't On Speaking Terms
01/16/2015 - Watch 49ers coach Jim Tomsula harumph his way through an interview
01/29/2015 - Insider Buzz: 49ers Players 'Dismayed' at Reported Hire of Geep Chryst as OC
02/16/2015 - Reports: Gase Lost 49'ers Job After Refusing Tomsula Ultimatum
02/16/2015 - Adam Gase would have wanted Vic Fangio as his defensive coordinator, per report
03/09/2015 - Report: 49ers put QB Colin Kaepernick on trading block
03/09/2015 - Patrick Willis, Justin Smith retiring from 49ers
03/09/2015 - 49ers' Bruce Miller arrested for spousal battery
03/10/2015 - Frank Gore to sign with the Colts

Gore gone, but that's it

Bread

Banned
Lol at calling Maclin and Crab similar players based off stats. You clearly haven't watched Crabtree play if you think he's comparable to Maclin.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
How many TD's will Andre score at Reliant(NRG) this year?

I saw.......... three. That fucking Caveman will make it happen.

Just the sight of seeing him in a Colts uniform will make me want to puke. At least when the Rockets let Dream go it was to Toronto who we had no history with. It was tough to see, but just no history. Caveman is gonna make Dre look young again somehow and I'm sure Dre now has a chip on his shoulder ( no matter whos to blame) to prove he's not an old fart. Hell even his down year last year was better than most.

This will be brutal just knowing how much the Colts have owned us and the fact they got a QB like Luck after one f-ing year of sucking and we have the amazing BOB Mallet/Hoyer combo.

PS- FUCK SCHOOB

I say 3-4 td's unless Watt gets to Caveman first

If their career stats are basically the same that kind of says who else has only had one really good season in their career.

i dont believe in looking at someones career numbers and saying "this is how good he is"

its a factor but you also have to look at the tape. dude is declining. he couldnt get open to save his life last year. I hate Kaep and think he sucks but if you watch the 49ers games the recievers couldnt get open either.

we dont need a guy who cant get open on the same field with Riley Cooper. not worth the money.

rather just stick with what we have.

the question you have to ask is he an upgrade over huff/matthews potential? would u rather have those guys playing or crabtree? not me. so we shouldnt pay that guy.

is he an upgrade over cooper? yea, but we aint gettin rid of coop with that money and we arent benching coop with that money which was evident last year

Cian Fahey ‏ @ Cianaf 1m 1 minute ago
Texans fans, Brian Hoyer threw an interceptable pass every 12 attempts last year despite being in QB-friendly system

Oohh and Revis won't be in the Browns plans

Tom Penny

Michael Crabtree

Jeremy Maclin

Lulz at paying Crabtree 9 million. Overpay when a player stock is at it's lowest. His last 21 games he has 1000 yards and 5 TD's.

Maclin's only had one good season too. It just so happens that that was this past season, which is why he ended up getting $11m a year. I'm not saying Crabtree is a stud, but he clearly has some talent and I think he could put up good numbers in this offense.

Maclin only had one good season as the #1... and thats cause he only had one season as the #1. hes had elite #2 seasons and the tape just shows how much of a better reciever he is.

LevelNth

Banned
Crabtree is going to get two one year deals in a row, fail to impress in either, and then simply be a part of the huge bottom of the barrel NFL scrub pool that scrapes away at league minimum deals in late July.

His Achilles blow out in 13 just destroyed his career.

Lulz at paying Crabtree 9 million. Overpay when a player stock is at it's lowest. His last 21 games he has 1000 yards and 5 TD's.

like seriously. if you watched him at all last year you wouldnt want this guy. I had to watch unfortunately all the 49ers games last year. I dont want anyone on that offense... except maybe Carlos Hyde, which we obviously arent gonna get

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cian Fahey ‏ @ Cianaf 1m 1 minute ago
Texans fans, Brian Hoyer threw an interceptable pass every 12 attempts last year despite being in QB-friendly system

ssssh that info is supposed to be secret from Texans fans in denial.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Other teams (and likely the league office) won’t like this. If owners who have the cash to make that kind of commitment start making that kind of commitment, they’ll have a huge advantage when it comes to signing players. Eventually, the richest owners will take over the league.
So the NFL is going to be just like the rest of the country?

Top Bottom