• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Going to be fun watching Levy become irrelevant without Suh making his life simple.
Levy will be fine, you know that as well as I. I'm worried about our pass rushers. How will Ansah look without Suh. We had a revolving door of ends who all looked good last season...will that continue without Suh collapsing pockets?

Likewise the secondary will probably look worse due to being tested more. Really don't understand why we're trying to re-sign a 35yo corner instead of getting a solid young guy in FA.

We'll look back at 2014 as a wasted moment. Top 3 defense, trash offense. If the offense was good we could have made some noise.

Really reminds me of the Barry Sanders situation. Prioritize an average QB over a legit star, watch him leave and get nothing in return.

lmao Chip Kelly got a plan yall

the league gonna have to catch up ta Chip Kellyyyyyyy

What plan? right now he looking like Chimp Kelly, got rid of DeSean, no playoffs, traded Shady for a LB coming off an ACL and has a bad hip and let Maclin walk, when he has cap space to sign Maclin..

gutshot

What plan? right now he looking like Chimp Kelly, got rid of DeSean, no playoffs, traded Shady for a LB coming off an ACL and has a bad hip and let Maclin walk, when he has cap space to sign Maclin..

Except losing DeSean didn't really cost us the playoffs last season, injuries to our O-line and starting QB along with a terrible secondary were the real problems. Jury is still out on the Shady trade, but most seem to think it was the right move. And Maclin is definitely not worth $11m a year.

Missing out on McCourty is the only thing to happen this offseason that has bummed me out. I didn't really want Gore anyway and I think we could sign a decent WR that would replace Maclin's production (I think Crabtree would be a good fit).

ACE 1991

Except losing DeSean didn't really cost us the playoffs last season, injuries to our O-line and starting QB along with a terrible secondary were the real problems. Jury is still out on the Shady trade, but most seem to think it was the right move. And Maclin is definitely not worth $11m a year.

Missing out on McCourty is the only thing to happen this offseason that has bummed me out. I didn't really want Gore anyway and I think we could sign a decent WR that would replace Maclin's production (I think Crabtree would be a good fit).

Idk, I don't see the issue with overpaying him since he excelled last year... Who else are we going to spend the money on?

EDIT: Didn't see Crabtree, makes sense.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Eric Ebron:

@Ebron 85

@Ebron85: I Don't Owe Nobody In The World No Favors, Started From The Basement Made It To The Skyscrapers.

*Sigh*

He's made it with no ones help. Guess that means why try? He's already reached the skyscrapers with his amazing rookie season.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Eric Ebron:

@Ebron 85

*Sigh*

He's made it with no ones help. Guess that means why try? He's already reached the skyscrapers with his amazing rookie season.
I remember really wanting the Jets to get this guy last year. I'll gladly take Amaro over him now.

eznark

Banned
I remember really wanting the Jets to get this guy last year. I'll gladly take Amaro over him now.

After watching his bowl game I knew he was a bust. Just no effort in the first half. Once of the Panthers fans crawled in my ass about it too.

effzee

Maclin is worth it when you don't have much to fall back onto. Just like you have to overpay to get a CB when you don't have any of your own.

And all those injuries you mentioned? Having someone like Desean playing with Maclin would have eased the pressure on the offense.

The drop off between McCourty and the next best Safety available is rather large.

Cagey

Banned
4 years, $16 million for Vereen. Following the Jennings contract last year, the draft pick on Williams...

God damnit. Why must the Giants do this to me.

Talent wins in this league, and Chip let 3 very talented offensive players go, Brady in the same offensive system for 14 years, but the talent around him keeps that offense scoring points, every team knows the Patriots offense but can't stop it, Eli won 2 SB in the same system but all the blame was lumped on Kevin Gilbride when in reality the talent on the Giants team is horrible..right now if the Cowboys don't fuck things up it's their division to lose, Giants don't have a lot of good talented players, the Eagles are getting rid of their talent, and the Redskins don't have a QB...

gutshot

Maclin is worth it when you don't have much to fall back onto. Just like you have to overpay to get a CB when you don't have any of your own.

And all those injuries you mentioned? Having someone like Desean playing with Maclin would have eased the pressure on the offense.

The drop off between McCourty and the next best Safety available is rather large.

I guess. But we just invested two high draft picks in WR. Jordan Matthews looks like he will be, at worst, a quality starter. And Huff didn't have a great rookie season, but the coaching staff reportedly thinks he has a higher ceiling than Matthews (insert Oregon bias joke here). So I don't think we needed to sign Maclin to an over-valued, long-term extension.

CB on the other hand was a position of real need and one where we didn't have two promising young guys that could assume bigger roles, if need be. That was why I was fine with overpaying for Maxwell.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas is gonna be that dude responding to every tweet by anyone on the team, talking to him like he's his coach.

No I won't waste my time with that, they're professionals. I want Ebron to succeed because that only helps the Lions.

You'd never see Megatron make a tweet like that. You can always improve and skyscrapers aren't that high. He'll be solid but I doubt #10 over Beckham Jr., Kelvin Benjamin good.

MechDX

Suh's $60 million is fully guaranteed.

Explains why the Raiders weren't in on him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/10/suhs-60-million-will-be-fully-guaranteed/

Teams usually won’t fully guarantee large amounts because the NFL requires teams to fund the fully-guaranteed payments at signing. In this case, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross will be required to write a check for $60 million, with Suh getting plenty of it up front and the rest going to an escrow account for future distribution.

Other teams (and likely the league office) won’t like this. If owners who have the cash to make that kind of commitment start making that kind of commitment, they’ll have a huge advantage when it comes to signing players. Eventually, the richest owners will take over the league.

Some believe that, previously, the richest owners have resisted doing it out of respect for the owners who can’t. Ross may be blazing a trail that sparks renewed acrimony between the NFL’s haves and the have-mores

So basically the salary cap and revenue sharing will be fucked? Don't really like this and I am a fan of a team with a rich ass owner.

MechDX

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis · 2m2 minutes ago
Houston Texans aren't surprised by this: Ravens/former Texan TE Owen Daniels visiting Broncos.

getting the band back together. Chris Myers must be boarding a plane now.

Underrated get by Broncos in re-signing LB/STer Steven Johnson. Quality locker room guy. Does what he's asked. Can play a little, too.

well depth at LB position is never a bad thing.

But we miss out on Nate Irving.

Broncos LB Nate Irving visiting Arizona Cardinals this week, confirming @RapSheet report. 8-game starter in 2014 til knee surgery.

Broncos interested in having Nate Irving back as top backup to inside backers Danny Trevathan-Brandon Marshall in Wade Phillips 3-4 defense.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Now all the Cotls need is to somehow get Watt and they'll have all my favorite players

GO COLTS

KeeqSlX.gif

Top Bottom