• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

gutshot

Shady in Buffalo blue...

11032990_928425927198337_163614602_n.jpg

effzee

The Colts signing 32 year old pass rusher Trent Cole, 31 year old RB Frank Gore, and 34 year old WR Andre Johnson (to replace 36 year old WR Reggie Wayne) sounds like the type of splashy moves fans get excited for during the offseason and then decry as over the hill 10 games into the season.

Except they should all help and produce. Cole didn't get cut cause he can't play and in fact he might play even better in a 4-3.

Colts are and should be in win now mode. And I'm sure all 3 can be cut as usual with little cap ramifications

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Cary Williams three-year, $18 million deal: $3.5M bonus, salaries $3.5M, $5M, $6M, guaranteed money $7 million, 2015 salary guaranteed

Eh, not terrible. Interestingly Williams graded better than Maxie in coverage by PFF...

Like I said Williams was not bad per se, but he's going to grade really well because he was playing across from Bradley Fletcher.

Saw the Titans are signing Searcy. Too bad, I was interested in him on the Giants. Hope we land either Parker or Moore.

Curious to see the numbers on the Shane Vareen deal. They wanted a versatile back and they got him.

What else did I miss? I've been out of the loop today with work being crazy.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/90e25150f7c7580ce3a6de0a02bf6797ee712d10/c=2-0-800-600&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/DetroitFreePress/DetroitFreePress/2014/09/21/1411351839000-levy.jpg

Won't matter with DeAndre Levy blitzing and Ziggy Ansah rushing on the same side.
What's the latest on Suh?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Colts signing 32 year old pass rusher Trent Cole, 31 year old RB Frank Gore, and 34 year old WR Andre Johnson (to replace 36 year old WR Reggie Wayne) sounds like the type of splashy moves fans get excited for during the offseason and then decry as over the hill 10 games into the season.

I seriously doubt many Colts fans will be upset at those 3 guys replacing the guys that they had before.

So the Giants only offered Brandon Graham a one year deal:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/03/giants_offer_to_brandon_graham_was_for_one_year_on.html

Graham agreed to a four-year deal reportedly worth $26 million from Philadelphia. The Giants, meanwhile, were only offering a one-year deal, according to two individuals with knowledge of the negotiations. The individuals requested anonymity because financial details of the deal were not announced.

The Giants offer was not believed to be comparable to what Graham received from the Eagles. The Dolphins and Titans were also reportedly in the mix, although their offers are not known.

Also:

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 4m4 minutes ago
.@Rand_Getlin reporting that Vereen will give Patriots opportunity to match the deal offered to him by the Giants, so we'll see.

eznark

Banned
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/90e25150f7c7580ce3a6de0a02bf6797ee712d10/c=2-0-800-600&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/DetroitFreePress/DetroitFreePress/2014/09/21/1411351839000-levy.jpg[/img

Won't matter with DeAndre Levy blitzing and Ziggy Ansah rushing on the same side.[/QUOTE]

Going to be fun watching Levy become irrelevant without Suh making his life simple.

Duxxy3

Don't match that Vereen deal Bill.

Depends what it is I suppose. He was great to have around on a rookie contract, but if they think White can do 90% of what Vereen can do then they won't resign him for anything close to what he's worth.

spyder_ur

Depends what it is I suppose. He was great to have around on a rookie contract, but if they think White can do 90% of what Vereen can do then they won't resign him for anything close to what he's worth.

Bingo. I bet he's getting overpaid and the Pats can replace his production more cheaply. People keep calling him 'versatile', he's only versatile in that he's a great pass catcher. I was never that impressed with his rushing skills. I'm happy for him though, that Super Bowl couldn't have come at a better time for him.

MechDX

soooooo

changed insurance agents this morning. The guy here in Decatur is also Rolando McClain’s insurance agent. My new guy played at Bama as well so they do the athlete talk and such. I had not told him of my fandom and when we got to shooting the breeze before getting to business he tells me that he just got off the phone with Boo. Something to do with the arson of his house in Tuscaloosa. Before getting off the phone Boo was telling him that he had just got off the phone with his agent and he has been getting a fair amount of calls the last couple days. The part that caught my attention was the team Boo mentioned was the last call….you Houston Texans. As a home town guy I would be so unbelievably happy if this happened.
Got damn I love the free agency period. All the stories you read!

The insurance agent said it! The INSURANCE AGENT!

Read a report that "sources" leaking kap on the trade block are from teams chasing the same FAs and there is no basis to it. Makes sense.... cause some perceived issues and tell FAs why do you want to go there??? They're trading their best guys! Sign with us!

Who knows if the report of reports is accurate but it just seems like a dirty biz!

Bowser

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 39s39 seconds ago
I've been told there's at least some cursory interest in Greg Hardy from the #49ers. But It's way early on him. His signing might drag on.

eznark

Banned
Read a report that "sources" leaking kap on the trade block are from teams chasing the same FAs and there is no basis to it. Makes sense.... cause some perceived issues and tell FAs why do you want to go there??? They're trading their best guys! Sign with us!

Who knows if the report of reports is accurate but it just seems like a dirty biz!

Remember when Harbaugh wasn't leaving?

Aaron Wilson @Ravensinsider said:
For now, it looks like Haloti Ngata will play under current salary structure, $8.5 million, in 2015. He would have made a ton on open market

....but wait!

Aaron Wilson @Ravensinsider said:
Terrell Suggs is converting $4 million base salary, $3 million will be a bonus, creates a couple million in cap room, league source confirms

Terrell+Suggs+Divisional+Playoffs+Baltimore+mSh99BKOCeBl.jpg

Now to sign nobody.

Sanjuro

Isn't his contract kind of weird, like they can cut him on April 1st without penalty?

Could be the perfect time for Small Hands to make his triumphant return home.

Top Bottom