• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Awesome that Revis went to the Jets, specifically! This just exponentially increased the odds that Cro comes back to us. His preference was the Jets because his family prefers living there and now the only other team besides us he's considering is Dallas and I don't see them throwing money his way. Settle for a little less money to stay with an elite D and a contender, Cro.
#jestContending

genos year

I'm fine with the Helu signing, think he's an underrated complementary back. I was never buying the Murray stuff and didn't want him anyways

ParityBit

It's spoiled when we are a little over a month from winning another super bowl and you're whining about the prospect of making the playoffs and losing like it's the worst scenario.

Hah! I see, so it is a month from the Super Bowl and we should just sit back and not worry about it. Got it. Don't need to sign anyone!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Looks like some of that might be roster bonuses as well so yep!

Just ran through 5 different articles by analysts and all say it is 60 mil guaranteed. Where did you see about the bonuses?

Bowser

DT Terrance Knighton may be one of the weirdest happenings so far. Was told he has almost committed to 3 different teams, then backs out.

It's spoiled when we are a little over a month from winning another super bowl and you're whining about the prospect of making the playoffs and losing like it's the worst scenario.

The new league year started today, time to worry about the upcoming year and we lost our top player on defense. We also are in danger of losing our #2 CB. I get what you're saying, but it is frustrating to see them not retain a player as important as Revis. He is a rare talent.

Sanjuro

;-;

Sanjuro'd

It's okay. I got you!

1BVGTg8.png

Looks more like a Whalers sweater!

JNA

Banned
I'm actually really shocked about Revis.

Really thought the Pats were going to keep him. Why didn't they want to pay him?

Sanjuro

Really thought the Pats were going to keep him. Why didn't they want to pay him?

Because he wants to make the most money he can possibly make. The Patriots don't pay players the most money they can make.

It was happening.

Bread

Banned
Guys we might only win the afc east and lose in the playoffs this year :'(

I cannot imagine anything worse, don't you feel bad for us?

Guys we might only win the afc east and lose in the playoffs this year :'(

I cannot imagine anything worse, don't you feel bad for us?

Obviously there are worse things, but when you have a guy like Brady you have to capitalize on the time you have. If it turns out the Jets gave Revis some insane offer and NE made a solid one that just wasn't enough, I'll get it. If it turns out the team was quibbling over a few million, that's ridiculous.

Spinluck

If we can snag Knighton and Dre I'll be happy till the draft.

Feel like we'll end up with Bigfork instead.

Pagano getting all his U guys.

JNA

Banned
You can only offer so much

Reading on Twitter is the jets are making him the highest paid cb in history

Because he wants to make the most money he can possibly make. The Patriots don't pay players the most money they can make.

It was happening.

They couldn't offer anywhere near what Jets could/did unfortunately.

Not the Patriot Way..frankly I don't even know what that means anymore.

Highest paid? 0_0

I mean yeah I can understand not wanting to pay THAT much money but I thought Revis was the most important player on defense. I would think it would be kind of worth it.

I know nothing though and I have no idea on the cap situation for the Pats. It's just weird to hear how great it was for Brady to restructure his contract so that the Pats get more cap space, yet they don't use it.

linkboy

Like the Smith signing in SF, they've needed someone to stretch the field for a while now.

Like Gore to Indy as well, I won't feel dirty rooting for him as opposed to the eagles.

Revised back to the Jets, lol.

revis is 29
got his ring
has a few more years left at a position that requires speed and stamina

it was smart of him to cash out now

dude is just looking out for himself instead of ruining his rep and body in later years chasing ghost rings. he won't have to give 2 fucks in NY and coast to retirement

Eagles PR guy:

‏@davespadaro
No. Bradford is the QB. RT @MirnesFA5: @DjNickTalarico @DaveCPhilly I still think we get Mariota , Bradford and picks to move up.

HawkeyeIC

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 42s42 seconds ago
Full terms RT @MMehtaNYDN: Breakdown of Revis contract: $16M FULLY gtd, $17M fully guaranteed, $15M ($6M fully gtd), $11M, $11M #nyj

Top Bottom