• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

FTF

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 42s42 seconds ago
Full terms RT @MMehtaNYDN: Breakdown of Revis contract: $16M FULLY gtd, $17M fully guaranteed, $15M ($6M fully gtd), $11M, $11M #nyj

lol ok, I give Pats more of a break now. That's quite ridiculous.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I think it's finally safe to go make dinner and the Jets pull this shit off?!

In ok with that contract. Time to pull my Revis jersey out of the closet.

Full terms RT @MMehtaNYDN: Breakdown of Revis contract: $16M FULLY gtd, $17M fully guaranteed, $15M ($6M fully gtd), $11M, $11M #nyj
So a two year, 39 million dollar deal. Curious to see the dead money in year 3. With only 6 million guaranteed, it sounds like year 3 could be an easy out for the Jets if they choose to cut ties. Depends on how much of a cap hit he is.

Ok, 5/$70M is up there. I understand the Pats not giving that kind of deal. Still it's brutal to lose him and I'm curious to see what our final offer was to him.

Ok, feeling better...

When Jerry West was general manager of the Los Angeles Lakers, any player he allowed to leave the building always carried significant question marks. If West opted against bringing back a free agent, it was buyer beware for the rest of the NBA. If West called to offer up a player via trade, rival general managers would wonder why. Same deal with John Schuerholz during his GM heyday with the Atlanta Braves in the 1990s: If he called to offer you a pitcher or let somebody hit the open market, you had to know something was up.

Enter Ozzie Newsome.

Newsome has a keen eye for talent. And most importantly, he and his Ravens cohorts know when to say when on their own players -- they know who must be kept and who can be set free.

The precedent has been set, from Ed Hartwell to Michael Oher, from Dannell Ellerbe to Paul Kruger. In hindsight, Ozzie and Co. typically appear pretty darn savvy.

Link

chadskin

Revis, Skrine, Milliner, McDougle (who reportedly impressed in training camp before he got injured last season) - that's a pretty competent CB crowd.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

So three full years before Revis holds out on the Jest. That'll be a record.

effzee

Snead is clearly a wizard. Tricks two franchises into giving up high draft picks for mediocre QBs, then never drafts one himself so he can avoid being fired.

This is the season the Rams win more than 7 games, right?

Foles isn't much better and has been injury prone himself. I think people don't realize how bad he was playing last year andonly seem to remember the 2013 run.

The fact that Chip and/or Pat Shurmur haven't come out with any canned quotes about how much they like Bradford makes me hopeful he's not long for this roster.

Dude give it up. This is it. This is our guy.

Tom Penny

Ok, 5/$70M is up there. I understand the Pats not giving that kind of deal. Still it's brutal to lose him and I'm curious to see what our final offer was to him.

It's not the 5 for 70 it the 39 million in two years making him un-realeasable thus 3/48 guaranteed. Then he certainly won't be playing for 11 million a year after that.

Godslay

Banned
Gotta see all the details to see how Revis made out and what is real money.

Pretty crazy to think Revis will make $21M this year though.

Top Bottom