• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

HawkeyeIC

The Bush signing reeks of us making him an offer he didn't like earlier in the week, but with Spiller to the Saints and the Pats saying no thanks he had no choice. He'll be great as our third down back if he stays healthy, just too bad he likely won't.

Offer had better be very low. This and the OL they just signed give some more draft flexibility, assuming Hunter has recovered from his injuries.

Spinluck

gotta be the money.

any pass catching rbs left? might be james whites time to shine.

x2M5Jgw.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even geniuses who draft Luck number one can make mistakes. Who would have thought that a RB who did awful for the Browns would do awful for the Colts when you trade a first rounder for him? He was the best projected back since Peterson, of course the Browns were doing something wrong!

cdyhybrid

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
#Steelers deal for RB DeAngelo Williams yesterday was a 2-yr deal worth $4M, source says. Important with the looming Le’Veon Bell suspension

Just wondering couldn't the Bills just keep Kiko Alonzo and pay DeMarco Murray. Or does Shady fit the Bills offense better even though their offense probably doesn't have an identity.

Spinluck

Even geniuses who draft Luck number one can make mistakes. Who would have thought that a RB who did awful for the Browns would do awful for the Colts when you trade a first rounder for him? He was the best projected back since Peterson, of course the Browns were doing something wrong!

:lol

I don't even give Grigson credit for drafting Luck. I give Irsay credit for freeing Peyton and tanking hard as fuck. The sumbitch didn't even hide it and went to a Stanford game while Peyton was getting his new neck.

In our position, after cutting PeyPey, every NFL GM that has ever existed in the known Universe would've taken Luck. And for that I award Mr. Grigson 0 points for that pick. Mad fucking props for TY though, did not expect this out of someone shat on shit teams in college.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
:lol

I don't even give Grigson credit for drafting Luck. I give Irsay credit for freeing Peyton and tanking hard as fuck. The sumbitch didn't even hide it and went to a Stanford game while Peyton was getting his new neck.

In our position, after cutting PeyPey, every NFL GM that has ever existed in the known Universe would've taken Luck. And for that I award Mr. Grigson 0 points for that pick. Mad fucking props for TY though, did not expect this out of someone shat on shit teams in college.

Yep. Any GM who didn't draft Luck (even if you had Peyton come back 100%) would have been fired on the spot. TY was a great pickup and they did well in general in that draft.

effzee

Just wondering couldn't the Bills just keep Kiko Alonzo and pay DeMarco Murray. Or does Shady fit the Bills offense better even though their offense probably doesn't have an identity.

Because much like the Eagles initially everyone thought DeMarco would demand far more than he actually ended up signing for.

Also on Trent Truck wasn't he screwed by the Colts in thr playoffs. Fined or benched cause his kid was in an emergency. I remember hearing something like that.

Afrikan

Culliver. Not even close.

I'd take Parrish...especially at the salary both are about to get.

Cully would get burnt on occasion...and used to do that stupid shit where he'd stand over someone and try to talk shit AFTER he was just burnt. :/

Cox didn't have his size, but was usually covering his man. And showed a better nose for the ball...and hands.

I just home Chris Cook plays like he did last preseason before his injury. I believe in Johnson, but it's still his second year... and for some reason looks smaller than his 6-2 frame, hopefully he put on some muscle this offseason.

cajunator

Banned
So you're saying Robinson will get better with us? All i was saying basically 0 grade or not should result in an upgrade. Hope we draft someone as well but not reach

Defensive players often leave the Saints and play better and offensive players leave and play much worse.
That said, I still dont think Prob will play much better. Dude cannot cover for shit or do anything basically that a corner is supposed to do.

kaiju

hopefully some of this, what ever this is called.... any other 9er fan know what this is? seems to be within the rules. :/

reggie-bush-77-td.gif

Not sure but I love the speed. Feeling good about our RB's now, assuming Hunter is healthy we could be dangerous in the running game.

Also, crazy to think that we still have eight cornerbacks on the roster:

Tramaine Brock
Leon McFadden
Jimmie Ward
Dontae Johnson
Marcus Cromartie
Cameron Fuller
Kenneth Acker
Keith Reaser

Not saying they are better than Culliver or Cox but it's time for next man up, let's see what the younger guys like Acker and Reaser can do in camp.

Malalaw

I am really excited about the prospect of having Lewis and Browner in our secondary this year. And if Vaccaro progresses..look out. Feeling optimistic to say the least.

WedgeX

Banned
Not much more excitement for Lions-GAF. I guess the Lions want no free agents and no free agents want the Lions.

Been trying on glasses lately. Haven't had new ones in....six years or so. Probably going to go full hipster. Any recommendations other than Warby-Parker?

Konka

Banned
Tapas is great, I really want to go to Spain.

What's been tough for me in Spain is their eating schedule. Like we wouldn't go out to eat dinner till 10pm and entire sections of the economy shut down between 2-5 for siesta. But damn if it isn't cheap with great wine.

Any of you guys looking to visit Europe should do it soon while the euro is at historically low levels to the dollar. It's just 1.05 euro to the dollar. Was 1.40 this time last year.

What's been tough for me in Spain is their eating schedule. Like we wouldn't go out to eat dinner till 10pm and entire sections of the economy shut down between 2-5 for siesta. But damn if it isn't cheap with great wine.

Any of you guys looking to visit Europe should do it soon while the euro is at historically low levels to the dollar. It's just 1.05 euro to the dollar. Was 1.40 this time last year.

Unfortunately Europe is out this year. Taking my in laws to their homeland China for two weeks.

Top Bottom