• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

TheFatOne

Disappointed that the Pats didn't go out and sign one of the better DTs available. All were on short contracts, and the money wasn't crazy. Branch signing is meh. He's just another guy in the middle. Pats off season has been pretty horrendous on defense. Lost their DT and two best corners, and have not replaced any of them. Sucks balls that the defense will be shit this upcoming season. One of the best things about last season Pats is that they could play any type of game. Now they are going to have that same exact weakness they have had before Revis was brought in. Against good physical teams they are going to struggle mightily.

How amazing would that be?

Just read the Colts are 5-1 to win the Superbowl. I guess that's what happens when you take Stallone, Arnie, JCVD, and put them together with Superman.
If they don't have to play the Pats, they might do it.

Luck can't beat Belichick though...

zychi

Banned
Just went and saw Focus with Willl Smith and the wife from Wolf of Wall Street. Goddamn is she hot.

Decent con-artist movie. They had great chemistry in the movie, and now I'm excited for Suicide Squad

RBH

In a vacuum both players are probably covered in dust
NH9gE7v.gif

It would have to be a pretty big vacuum
NH9gE7v.gif

iAcHSqeixAfTe.gif

I feel like a proud father. :')

MechDX

Reggie McKenzie reiterated tonight Raiders are not pursuing Greg Hardy. A delicate issue, he called it, still things NFL needs to sort out.--Twitter

I have never played any of the Fire of the emblems, always thought they looked cool though. I also like advance wars.

My spring break isn't for another week

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 13m13 minutes ago
Hearing Vince Wilfork has reached the visit stage of free agency. No such thing as weekends this time of year. Tomorrow could be a "big" day

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 5m5 minutes ago
Doesn't sound like the Saints are done dealing. Still taking calls on key players. Interesting to see if Rick Smith gets in on the action.

effzee

I think I finally figured out whats been really bothering me about the Bradford pick up besides the whole often injured never available thing. And besides what seems like lopsided compensation for trading Foles away.

For almost 3 seasons now I have been waiting to see Chip unleash his full playbook. Now I always gave him credit for adjusting to the roster he inherited or the guys he had to play due to injury. The only thing common throughout was the tempo.

With Vick in we saw the offense mirror his Oregon offense the most. And of course Vick got hurt but in those few games the offense never looked better. Defenses had no idea where the attach was coming from.

Then due to injuries enter Foles. Foles was on fire but to accommodate Chip took out all the plays they designed to utilize Vick's legs. Fair enough and besides Foles was tearing it up. Going into year 2 I knew Foles couldn't keep it up but I didn't expect him to look so average. Then again I also thought they would retain DeSean and be even more dynamic with Maclin and DeSean together.

And this time the fact that it seemed Chip had to hold back on the plays he'd like to call seemed even more evident.

Enter Sanchez due to the broken shoulder on Foles. Same thing. Sanchez, like Foles, benefitted from WRs/TE running wide open and threw a career best completion %. But again played above average and the playbook felt shortened.

Going into this offseason the sense was Chip would get Mariota no matter what and with him day 1 week 1 game 1 we would finally see Chip unleash what he teased with Vick.

The Bradford trade just completely shut the door on that possibility. Even without the ability to run Chip would sometimes randomly ask his QBs to run the zone read option. It was comically frustrating because where Foles or Sanchez would pick up 2-3 yards, you just knew a guy like Mariota would have bust it open for 20 + yards run. Finally thought we were going to get that.

Now that I am coming around to Bradford as THE guy for us, I just never ever want to see that play again. Not only for Bradford's health and well being but because I don't want to imagine would could have been.

The idea the Eagles will draft a WR high is picking up steam. Brilliant. What's the point of letting DeSean and Maclin go if you turn around and use high draft picks to replace them? Might as well have kept both and used the draft to address other weaknesses. Hate creating holes where there weren't any. Chip shouldn't even think any position on offense at pick #20. Get the best CB, Safety, or LB at 20.

Word is he's got a visit scheduled with the Jets if he leaves New England without a contract.
I thought his relationship with ex Bills OC isn't that great. But he did have his best years. So offense consisting of Marshall, Decker and Johnson. Jets making up for that Idzik cheapness

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 10m10 minutes ago
Thinking this out with someone I trust. Hard to see Wilfork get $5M a yr when Knighton ($4M) and Fairley ($5M) signed new deals and younger.

So basically teams are all doing lower offers and you need some coked out, batshit insane owner who has a lot of cap room right now with a serious "look at me" complex.....hhmmmm

Top Bottom