• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Is Stevie Johnson even really that good? I can see why the Pats/Jets are interested since for some reason, he's Revis' kryptonite, but I'm not losing sleep over who he signs with.

I've read that he's like Chad Johnson; doesn't really know the playbook, just tries to get open. The reason why he never went anywhere in San Fran

Patriots7

Is Stevie Johnson even really that good? I can see why the Pats/Jets are interested since for some reason, he's Revis' kryptonite, but I'm not losing sleep over who he signs with.
I think he's pretty good and in terms of talent much better than what we have currently.

The Jets have Marshall and Decker and are just being greedy.

I was going to make a dig on Revis (Something along the lines of "Oakland had their way with Revis, so that's not saying much...") but stopped myself. I'm giving it 30 days until I feel no sense of responsibility to the man.

Colasante

Why would Bowe choose the browns over the patriots?

Come play with Tom, Dwayne, look at what he did for Lafell.

It would be neat if the patriots signed Bowe and Johnson.

Brian Hartline already chose the Browns over the Patriots. Looks like these guys know that Brady's time is done, it's McCown's Super Bowl to lose in 2016.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Williams visiting the Browns

All the third and fourth string FAs are coming now bitches!!!

#ourtime
#nomorebrownwater

1677803_o.gif

effzee

Williams visiting the Browns

Does he have anything left in the tank? I've heard some talk that the Eagles might take a look.

BTW looks liked its been confirmed by Peter King and Charlie Casserly that Browns were the team first offering the Rams their first round pick (#19) and then when Bradford went to the Eagles they offered it to them.

Chip better be right about Bradford, because Mariota or no Mariota having pick #19 and #20 seems far more attractive than starting Bradford.

This also means Browns have really moved on from Manziel and they might either move up (to #6 maybe?) or if Mariota does fall he won't get past their first 1st round pick @ #12.

Oh well in Chip we trust!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BG!

Lane is saying on twitter he believes another FA is coming in to Cleveland to discuss either today or tomorrow, but he hasn't locked down who it is yet.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Why would Bowe choose the browns over the patriots?

Come play with Tom, Dwayne, look at what he did for Lafell.

It would be neat if the patriots signed Bowe and Johnson.

Remember that a lot of FAs are now at that point where if the Patriots sign them; they are being told that they were gotten "for a steal", and the Patriots are notorious for being ruthless when it comes to loyalty (even Tom Brady's dad expects the Patriots to be dicks to Brady when they want to move on from him).

If two teams wanted to hire you, and one of them that is successful is known for underpaying their employees equivalent to their worth, and the other one is not successful, but pays employees what they are worth or even more...which one would you want to go to? The successful but get paid much less company who is known for being ruthless to their employees, or the not as successful company that pays you significantly more and might not be as ruthless. If you want to maximize the amount of money you make, the Patriots aren't really ever going to be your team.

Remember that a lot of FAs are now at that point where if the Patriots sign them; they are being told that they were gotten "for a steal", and the Patriots are notorious for being ruthless when it comes to loyalty (even Tom Brady's dad expects the Patriots to be dicks to Brady when they want to move on from him).

If two teams wanted to hire you, and one of them that is successful is known for underpaying their employees equivalent to their worth, and the other one is not successful, but pays employees what they are worth or even more...which one would you want to go to? The successful but get paid much less company who is known for being ruthless to their employees, or the not as successful company that pays you significantly more and might not be as ruthless. If you want to maximize the amount of money you make, the Patriots aren't really ever going to be your team.
But the browns

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I wonder how badly kas will react when stafford leaves or retires and no chips are produced in detroit

I honestly believe we will win a Super Bowl with Stafford at QB. It's the best shot we've ever had because he's far and away the best QB we've ever had.

If we don't I'll accept our fate as the Cubs and that I'll never see a Super Bowl alive. However we have at least 5 years to see if that's the case.

jakncoke

Banned
I honestly believe we will win a Super Bowl with Stafford at QB. It's the best shot we've ever had because he's far and away the best QB we've ever had.

If we don't I'll accept our fate as the Cubs and that I'll never see a Super Bowl alive. However we have at least 5 years to see if that's the case.

Well you were also 10000% convinced Suh wasnt going to leave as well... lets see how this one plays out ;)

We all thought Chip Kelly believed RBs weren't worth as much anymore. Now he's bringing in Murray?

Chip is revolutionary.

All ABOARD!

Eagles fans! Rejoice. We're winning this thing!

Where are you YH? Foles is gone! We have an NFL Starter! He may have been injured and just above average with the Rams, but Chip is going to make him a killer!

Bradford will have more fluff stats than Stafford does!

I am hear buddy. Just been really busy dealing with a lot of stuff. I am loving this offseason so far. D is going to be much improved and if Bradford can stay healthy he is a huge upgrade over Foles.

Does he have anything left in the tank? I've heard some talk that the Eagles might take a look.

BTW looks liked its been confirmed by Peter King and Charlie Casserly that Browns were the team first offering the Rams their first round pick (#19) and then when Bradford went to the Eagles they offered it to them.

Chip better be right about Bradford, because Mariota or no Mariota having pick #19 and #20 seems far more attractive than starting Bradford.

This also means Browns have really moved on from Manziel and they might either move up (to #6 maybe?) or if Mariota does fall he won't get past their first 1st round pick @ #12.

Oh well in Chip we trust!

I really disagree about having to late firsts being better then having a potential franchise QB. Bradford I think can be really good, just got to hope his knees hold up.

that's not saying a lot though. the all time franchise leader in NFL playoff wins for you guys is 1: erik kramer. stafford hasn't even reached erik kramers level yet. let that sink in for a bit!

effzee

Chip Kelly is the Josh McDaniels of the NFC in terms of HC.

Probably would make a good OC, but seems to be a bad GM so far.

Josh McDaniels? OC? Really? Took over a 4-12 team and has had 2 straight 10-6 seasons with QBs Vick, Foles, and Sanchez. Made Sanchez look like a real NFL QB. Made Foles look like a HOF player at times.

Makes a few questionable moves, which let's face it we all knew he would because he thinks different than the age old established NFL norms, and he should be a OC? Nah he's made for this. Lurie didn't hire him to run exactly as all other teams do.

I really disagree about having to late firsts being better then having a potential franchise QB. Bradford I think can be really good, just got to hope his knees hold up.

I hope you are right and I'm starting to believe/hope Bradford is the real deal. If healthy...

But having picks 19 and 20 is appealing if only because they could fill 2 huge holes with those picks. You could end up with the 2nd best WR in the draft and best Safety with those picks. If D improves to the point they could win 2-3 extra games cause of it, you could roll with Sanchez even. Or of course package those 2 picks to move to get MM.

Top Bottom