• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Bead is a bitch

tumblr_m94ocoqtZo1rvn6njo1_400.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Can someone explain or link to me to this whole Jennings sister thing?

I see a lot of people referencing it here and on twitter.

ampere

PLAYOFF GAME ON THE LINE! WE NEED YOU BOWE!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mLFFoHt8gtc/UsivXqXSeGI/AAAAAAAAA2Y/_Hm-SRfGJZU/s1600/dbb.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Really, that loss was entirely the fault of Andy Reid. 20 some point lead and you come out throwing in the 2nd half? Really?!

I used to like Reid, but I'm not convinced he's all there anymore.

Godslay

Banned
It was sarcastic, but I prefer optimistic.

What move was bad?

From an outsiders perspective, pretty much all of them. We all have our opinions though.

Josh McDaniels? OC? Really? Took over a 4-12 team and has had 2 straight 10-6 seasons with QBs Vick, Foles, and Sanchez. Made Sanchez look like a real NFL QB. Made Foles look like a HOF player at times.

Makes a few questionable moves, which let's face it we all knew he would because he thinks different than the age old established NFL norms, and he should be a OC? Nah he's made for this. Lurie didn't hire him to run exactly as all other teams do.

Unconventional moves work out in a couple of ways. 10% of the time they work, and you look like a genius. The other 90% of the time, they don't and it back fires. Nothing I've seen from Chip tells me that there is some genius plan backing all this. It's the same thing McDaniels did. Deplete the talent because he wanted the team built in his image. While that is perfectly understandable, there is always a price to pay. Rarely in initializing plans like this does it work out without a complete tear down. Maybe it will for them, but I have serious doubts.

Good thing for the Eagles is that I could very well be wrong. That's just the feeling I get from all this.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I think he's pretty good and in terms of talent much better than what we have currently.

The Jets have Marshall and Decker and are just being greedy.
Greedy? They have Marshall and Decker, plus Kerley in the slot, and then literally no one else. They need some kind of depth.

Duxxy3

I still wanna sign the girlfriend beater. We can do better than Ninkovich. As clutch as he has been, he just isn't the greatest at rushing the passer.

JABEE

I'm starting to think 538 is a bullshit site. I can't read their stuff without thinking that they believe they are smarter than they actually are. A load of horse shit statistics that seem to be related to the topic. Their analysis of Foles seems weak. Also, who gives a shit about where someone was drafted and college performance when they have been in the league for awhile.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/...dman-and-must-be-stopped-or-hes-a-mad-genius/

JABEE

If you think this is madden and you can turn off injuries or 392 carry seasons... then nothing

All those players could be injured. Also, Shady is up there in carries with Murray over the past two seasons.

Swapping two backs who have been ridden into the ground over the past two seasons.

Godslay

Banned
What's wrong with turning McCoy into Kiko, Murray, and Matthews?

McCoy is an elite back, and typically very healthy. There are probably two other guys in his tier, and personally I think you don't trade them away. I understand most people say that the RB position is devalued these days. Not so for the upper echelon game changing guys like AD, Lynch, and McCoy.

If it was me I personally wouldn't have traded for Alonso, especially when you flipped McCoy into 3 guys who McCoy happens to have more healthy seasons than all three combined. I also think McCoy is more talented then possibly all three of them.

I understand you spread the risk out with additional cheaper RBs. That's smart, but the same thing could have been achieved with the squad you had and supplementing it with late round RBs if you truly feel the RB position is devalued.

In reality only one guy can have the ball at a time, and I want the most talented guy of the group (and reliable) to get those touches. McCoy was that guy. Murray and Matthews might be able to the do same thing, but they'll cost just as much as McCoy does now. So you got three injury riddled less talented players (judging by the past), for minimal cap relief (judging by the newly established contracts), with the upside of spreading some risk out at the RB (which could have been done anyways).

Personally, that's a net loss in my mind. If you asked me if I could have McCoy or Murray and Matthews in the backfield I'd take McCoy everyday. Sweeten the deal with Alonso and I think I'd stay put especially with a guy coming off an ACL.

Like I said before, I could be proven completely wrong this season but that's just my opinion on it.

jakncoke

Banned
All those players could be injured. Also, Shady is up there in carries with Murray over the past two seasons.

Swapping two backs who have been ridden into the ground over the past two seasons.

I knew i count on you to shoot up with optism and ignore reality

JABEE

I knew i count on you to shoot up with optism and ignore reality

How am I ignoring reality? Murray was run into the ground last season. I have mentioned that multiple times. Look back on my posts.

Also, Foles isn't that good, but I expected him to fetch at least a 2nd.

How am I ignoring reality? Everything must be shit always, because I don't cheer for the Steelers or some team that has won multiple Super Bowls.

jakncoke

Banned
How am I ignoring reality? Murray was run into the ground last season. I have mentioned that multiple times. Look back on my posts.

Also, Foles isn't that good, but I expected him to fetch at least a 2nd.

How am I ignoring reality? Everything must be shit always, because I don't cheer for the Steelers or some team that has won multiple Super Bowls.

at least you're catching on ;)

but really between kiki 2 acl, mathews being him and murray being him and a 392 carry season. shit sandwich usa.

MechDX

Hearing chatter that Cardinals and Vikings are talking Adrian Peterson deal. Peterson/7th for a 2nd. AZ is Peterson's top choice.--Twitter Jordan Schultz

WedgeX

Banned
I have come to the conclusion that I am very disappointed in the Detroit Free Press today. Not that it matters for anyone but me. While the Detroit News and mlive went about with their regular moving on analysis from Suh, the Free Press did all they could to demonize the Lions GM and the President during the week, including having every writer except Mitch Albom and the beat writer put out what were essentially cowardly articles about how the Lions would not survive without Suh and how awesome he is in order to land that exclusive interview, the only interview I think Suh has ever given, with the Free Press' beat writer. It's fucking shameful to try to turn the fan base on the owner, who at 90 years old, still reached out to Suh, and the President and GM who have turned the Lions into mediocre but still making the playoffs after Matt Millens utter hell of a tenure. A fucking disservice to the city of Detroit and Lions fans. I have really respected the Free Press over the years but now...fuck them.

McCoy is an elite back, and typically very healthy. There are probably two other guys in his tier, and personally I think you don't trade them away. I understand most people say that the RB position is devalued these days. Not so for the upper echelon game changing guys like AD, Lynch, and McCoy.

If it was me I personally wouldn't have traded for Alonso, especially when you flipped McCoy into 3 guys who McCoy happens to have more healthy seasons than all three combined. I also think McCoy is more talented then possibly all three of them.

I understand you spread the risk out with additional cheaper RBs. That's smart, but the same thing could have been achieved with the squad you had and supplementing it with late round RBs if you truly feel the RB position is devalued.

In reality only one guy can have the ball at a time, and I want the most talented guy of the group (and reliable) to get those touches. McCoy was that guy. Murray and Matthews might be able to the do same thing, but they'll cost just as much as McCoy does now. So you got three injury riddled less talented players (judging by the past), for minimal cap relief (judging by the newly established contracts), with the upside of spreading some risk out at the RB (which could have been done anyways).

Personally, that's a net loss in my mind. If you asked me if I could have McCoy or Murray and Matthews in the backfield I'd take McCoy everyday. Sweeten the deal with Alonso and I think I'd stay put especially with a guy coming off an ACL.

Like I said before, I could be proven completely wrong this season but that's just my opinion on it.

I completely disagree with you. First of all, the key to success in both McCoy and Murray's games has been the offensive lines they played behind. Unless the Eagles get rid of Mathis and replace him with no one nothing has changed for them on that front. They've basically got the best left tackle, the best right tackle, and the best center in the league. Mathis had been the best guard up until last season where he was injured, and could bounce back from that (he basically had by the end of the year). You can put an average back behind that offensive line and they'd look great.

That offensive line, when healthy in 2013, basically gave RBs 3.5 yards before contact. That's higher than some RBs yards per carry. The reason Murray is an upgrade over McCoy in one regard is he will run after the blockers, not try to run around and get into space, which is what caused McCoy to LOSE more yards than any other running back. Sure, once he got into open space he more than made up for it, but that's not necessarily the scheme you want to go with. McCoy was useless if you needed a short yardage gain to convert, Murray will do exactly that and do it well. It's an upgrade at RB in terms of scheme fit no matter how you cut it. You've also got Sproles and Mathews to share snaps with him so they won't need to use him nearly as hard as he was used by Dallas.

In the process you upgraded the defense of the team by getting Alonso, giving the Eagles what could be a pair of the best inside linebackers in the league with Alonso and Kendricks. You're talking about a front seven that is Fletcher Cox, Benny Logan, Cedric Thornton up front, then backed by Brandon Graham, Kiko Alonso, Mychal Kendricks, and Connor Barwin. That is a contender for the best front seven on a defense in the entire league. Kiko Alonso was the last big piece to add to make it completely dominant. They also spent a lot on addressing the secondary in the offseason, partly with the money they saved on McCoy, by adding Maxwell and Thurmond. With Malcolm Jenkins at safety you are one more safety away from completely remaking the secondary of the Eagles, which was by far the weakest unit on the team. I am really thinking they are banking on Jerome Couplin being that guy, but they may address it in the draft. Couplin has everything you'd want in terms of physical attributes in a safety.

Honestly, the only questionable move they have made in the offseason is the Foles for Bradford trade, and the only issue I have with that is they overpaid.

Fox318

Jets are actually trying this year.

Meanwhile Idzik's new team is overpaying for shitty players instead of actually trying to sign good players.

#FuckIdzik

WedgeX

Banned
Welcome to Europe!

Also, drinking (or working, but who does that) on trains >>>>> driving a car.

My wife may bring me along to Geneva later this year for her work...I'd like to actually explore Europe other than ancestral Ireland. Where the transit was definitely not up to par.

Top Bottom