• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

That article makes a lot of excuses for Wallace's behavior.
There are two sides to the story for sure. That said, Wallace was a hard worker and he didn't get into any off the field trouble. You have to feel like a strong coach could keep a guy like Wallace under control. Can you imagine him going off on Tomlin?

I bet Zimmer won't have any issues with him.

jakncoke

Banned
Kinda surreal this will be Tomlins 9th season as our head coach also its his 43rd birthday today. Ben should use some of new money for hookers and blow and boozer for his birthday!

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 3m3 minutes ago
He's currently in a city that rhymes with Twoston RT @The_Johnny: @JaysonBraddock any word on Wilfork and where he's visiting?

Must be down at the rodeo in the BBQ area

ShaneB

Bowe was a Wide Receiver last I checked.

With 60 receptions for 754 yards, none of which happened to be in the end zone. Bowe wasn't cut because he's useless, the Chiefs cut him because the salary space was needed with his massive contract because he was set to get paid like a big time #1 which he isn't.

There are two sides to the story for sure. That said, Wallace was a hard worker and he didn't get into any off the field trouble. You have to feel like a strong coach could keep a guy like Wallace under control. Can you imagine him going off on Tomlin?

I bet Zimmer won't have any issues with him.

I see what you're saying, but the locker room has a lot to do with it. Divas tend not to act up in a strong locker room.

Plus, Wallace did start up with Tomlin. Tomlin demoted him (to a co number 1) then reduced his role, IRed him and let him walk.

With 60 receptions for 754 yards, none of which happened to be in the end zone. Bowe wasn't cut because he's useless, the Chiefs cut him because the salary space was needed with his massive contract because he was set to get paid like a big time #1 which he isn't.

This is arguing over semantics. Bowe is off the team due to poor performance. A guy paid to be a number 1 receiver didn't get one touchdown on the season. I'm sorry but it's silly to argue that he's any good when something like that happens, regardless of the excuses.

ShaneB

This is arguing over semantics. Bowe is off the team due to poor performance. A guy paid to be a number 1 receiver didn't get one touchdown on the season. I'm sorry but it's silly to argue that he's any good when something like that happens, regardless of the excuses.

Well then I apologize for having said anything.

LOL ALEX SMITH SUCKS. DWAYNE BOWE SUCKS.

Tom Penny

Must be down at the rodeo in the BBQ area

There is little doubt he will be a Texan

vince-wilfork-dancing-while-barbequing-on-memorial-day.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Bowe been living off that one season for so long. I dont know why the Chefs have felt comfortable with him as their main wr for so long. I mean really who has been their alternate WR/s over his history which is nearly a decade. Seems like been in fuck it mode with wr for a long long time

Patriots7

It's possible, but the report came from Ian Rappaport which made me think it's an agent-fed attempt to prod New England into their contract demand, with the fear that Johnson will go to the Jets if he doesn't sign with the Patriots first.
But Bill never caves into that bullshit. Ugh.
We'd have a legitimate receiving corps with Stevie, without having to hold on hope on the emergence of Dobson/Boyce/Tyms.

Please Billy.

Houston Street in NYC is pronounced House-ton, so depending on the accent it could be Boston!

It's my fault, I was curious.

If we sign him I'll wait to see the deal before I decide if I want to be salty or not.
Even if we did give him alittle more money then another team idk if there's anything to be salty about. Not like it's likely to be a super long deal, and it's not like the contract is gonna put us in cap hell. We'll still be one of the teams with the most cap space next season. And everyone can say all this Bowe sucks business, but the fact of the matter is he'll still be one of the most talented WR on the current roster (as sad as that might sound). Sign Bowe, add a rookies and I'm not mad about that. It's not like players are fighting to come to cleveland
#banMech

Pretty sure my heart stopped and I lost two years of my life when Brown made that return. It was like an emotional roller coaster starting at Mt. Everest and diving to the bottom of the Mariana Trench.

Link

The Autumn Wind
But Bill never caves into that bullshit. Ugh.
We'd have a legitimate receiving corps with Stevie, without having to hold on hope on the emergence of Dobson/Boyce/Tyms.

Please Billy.
Is Stevie Johnson even really that good? I can see why the Pats/Jets are interested since for some reason, he's Revis' kryptonite, but I'm not losing sleep over who he signs with.

Why would Bowe choose the browns over the patriots?

Come play with Tom, Dwayne, look at what he did for Lafell.

It would be neat if the patriots signed Bowe and Johnson.

Top Bottom