• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

But I am a pats fan. I was pretty pumped About that at least.

I'm gonna go see them in the fall but I'm worried I'm not gonna be able to enjoy it because how o am lately

I just don't know why I'm so down lately. Things have been going pretty well lately for me, but I've just felt so negative. Under appreciated, lonely. Not sure why.

I get that way sometimes now too man. In theory my life is going well, but yeah man talk it out or something...add a few of us on steam if you wanna chat. (My Laptop's shit and can't really run games that well right now so we can't game together) Also when in doubt just clown on Gata, that usually makes everyone else feel better.

Milchjon

I just don't know why I'm so down lately. Things have been going pretty well lately for me, but I've just felt so negative. Under appreciated, lonely. Not sure why.

That sounds like something you should talk to a professional about, honestly. If it's a depression, there's people that are much better equipped to help you deal with it than us, and especially than you yourself.

jbug617

Banned
you guys heard about the rumor on OS? The rumor is there going to be Joe Montana Football 16 and it's being made by 2k. The rumor says it's going to be only on XB1 and Windows 10. It will support crossplay between XB1 and W10.

JABEE

I get that way sometimes now too man. In theory my life is going well, but yeah man talk it out or something...add a few of us on steam if you wanna chat. (My Laptop's shit and can't really run games that well right now so we can't game together) Also when in doubt just clown on Gata, that usually makes everyone else feel better.
This man is right. It's also important to talk to people other than the Gata when you feel down. Depression is real. Talk about it.

Everybody has their ups and their downs. Don't let it keep you down. Pain is temporary.

We might not be much, but we here man.

MechDX

you guys heard about the rumor on OS? The rumor is there going to be Joe Montana Football 16 and it's being made by 2k. The rumor says it's going to be only on XB1 and Windows 10. It will support crossplay between XB1 and W10.

Is Montana gonna wear Skechers ?

Bowser

In honor of March Madness:

CALFyY_WgAA3rYN.jpg

Milchjon

What could possibly go wrong...

Also, what if gata ever develops a depression? What will you people recommend to him?!?

cajunator

Banned

I had a list of improvements I wanted to make to myself. I wanted to lose weight, and I did. I started a career and am able to save money and not worry about just surviving. I have hobbies but any sort of enjoyment feels muted and temporary. I thought things would look better once I got my shit together. I've gotten my shit together and I still feel unsatisfied and I look at myself and can't think about what to fix now. In paper I should be good but I'm not.

I think if I talked to people about this they'd be surprised. I try to appear stable and give my strength to the people I care about. They have enough problems dealing their actual problems and not my fake problems.

The patriot win at sb49 was the burst genuine burst of joy I've had in a very LONG time. It was like a huge relief or something.

I had a list of improvements I wanted to make to myself. I wanted to lose weight, and I did. I started a career and am able to save money and not worry about just surviving. I have hobbies but any sort of enjoyment feels muted and temporary. I thought things would look better once I got my shit together. I've gotten my shit together and I still feel unsatisfied and I look at myself and can't think about what to fix now. In paper I should be good but I'm not.

I think if I talked to people about this they'd be surprised. I try to appear stable and give my strength to the people I care about. They have enough problems dealing their actual problems and not my fake problems.

Your problems ain't fake man. Talk that shit out. Feel Free to PM me or hit me up on Steam

There just isn't enough time during the day to do shit, half the day is done and I still haven't started on my paper, fuck the pats, seriously, fuck them.

Also Megalosaro, if you want I can PM you my number and we can chat, I'm on the damn thing all day long so it's not a problem. I've seen people go through serious depression and dated a girl that was suicidal, it was terrible and hate to see people go through it so let me know if you wanna chat but you should definitely seek professional help.

Farooq

Banned
Murray accounted for almost 2300 yards on offense for Dallas. We definitely took something.

What did the Eagles take that cannot be replaced by a committee of backs Dallas puts together? The Cowboys won't find a back in the draft that will rush for 1800 yards (this year), but they will have plenty of opportunities to find a foundation back that can contribute towards the offense this year. It is easier to for young RBs to transition to the pro game than probably any other position (pass pro/blitz pick up aside).

The investment that the Cowboys have made to the offensive line was to help with the ground game, that unit is the foundation of the Cowboys offense. Couple a drafted RB (which are usually plug and play) with a rotation of other backs, and I doubt Murray's production will be missed.

I am not saying Murray isn't a good player, he is a good football player. But his production is replaceable because all the other components of Dallas' offense that made the ground game so great is still there, and there is a pretty good draft class of RBs coming up.

I'm not buying it for a second.

Although it would be amusing to see MS spend all that cash on an exclusive marketing deal with the NFL and then moneyhat an unlicensed football game.

Pepiope

What did the Eagles take that cannot be replaced by a committee of backs Dallas puts together? The Cowboys won't find a back in the draft that will rush for 1800 yards (this year), but they will have plenty of opportunities to find a foundation back that can contribute towards the offense this year. It easier to for young RBs to transition to the pro game than probably any other position (pass pro/blitz pick up aside).

The investment that the Cowboys have made to the offensive line was to help with the ground game, that unit is the foundation of the Cowboys offense. Couple a drafted RB (which are usually plug and play) with a rotation of other backs, and I doubt Murray's production will be missed.

I am not saying Murray isn't a good player, he is a good football player. But his production is replaceable because all the other components of Dallas' offense that made the ground game so great is still there, and there is a pretty good draft class of RBs coming up.
Of course, he can be replaced. Most players can. Murray would've been a known in Dallas though. Now you have to hope they find a viable replacement. We both know McFadden isn't it.

You can't just throw McFadden, Dunbar, Randle, and a rook out there and expect to completely replace Murray.

We're in the same boat at WR. Hopefully Murray can recruit his pro roommate to Philly too. Fix that issue right up.

Also Megalosaro, if you want I can PM you my number and we can chat, I'm on the damn thing all day long so it's not a problem. I've seen people go through serious depression and dated a girl that was suicidal, it was terrible and hate to see people go through it so let me know if you wanna chat but you should definitely seek professional help.

I'm definitely considering seeing a therapist but I don't know how to get that ball rolling, especially with my insurence.

Milchjon

The patriot win at sb49 was the burst genuine burst of joy I've had in a very LONG time. It was like a huge relief or something.

This probably isn't a general truth, but for me, an important part of getting older was getting a feel for how loosely linked my emotions can be to reality. I think it's important to be aware of that, because people who objectively aren't doing too bad and still have emotional problems can end up in a bad state because they feel like them being down isn't "legitimate" (and unfortunately, sometimes that sentiment is reflected by others around them). So if you're being overwhelmed, realize that a) it might be down to chemical imbalances, genetics and other stuff you have no rational control over and b) that getting actual help is valuable as no one who's trained in these things will tell you to "get over it", as even you yourself might do.

Of course, I'm no expert by any means.

I'm definitely considering seeing a therapist but I don't know how to get that ball rolling, especially with my insurence.

I know it's different for every job but my work offers one free counseling session with an insurance approved therapist, maybe talk to your HR they might know how to help.

Godslay

Banned
So who's the bigger loss then?

McCoy or Murray?

Eagles fans say Murray, everyone else says McCoy.

Some might even say both are a product of OL.

McCoy can't get a 3 & 1, yet every other play his line blows holes open wide enough for Pot Roast to blubber through. Can't speak out of both sides of your mouth on that one.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Why do I keep hearing about how Shady and Murray's salaries are close, but no one brings up money when talking about Bradford ($13M) v Foles ($655k).

Pepiope

Why do I keep hearing about how Shady and Murray's salaries are close, but no one brings up money when talking about Bradford ($13M) v Foles ($655k).
Chip bringing in Bradford was part of the reason he moved McCoy. He wanted his guys in FA and wanted Bradford as his QB. It was said that Bradford and Foles knew about the possibility of this going down a couple weeks before FA even opened up. I'm not in 100% agreement over the Bradford thing, but in Chip I trust. He was able to turn Sanchez into somewhat of a competent QB. All there is to do is wait and see what he makes Bradford.

Top Bottom