• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

So who's the bigger loss then?

McCoy or Murray?

Eagles fans say Murray, everyone else says McCoy.

Some might even say both are a product of OL.

McCoy can't get a 3 & 1, yet every other play his line blows holes open wide enough for Pot Roast to blubber through. Can't speak out of both sides of your mouth on that one.

McCoy isn't a bigger loss solely because the Eagles replaced him with three players. If you're going to judge the loss solely on who replaced whom well, Dallas doesn't have a running back right now so clearly that's the bigger loss. If you want to say they can easily replace Murray in the draft, well ok, but that doesn't mean they didn't lose more than the Eagles for right now. The Eagles traded McCoy for a stud ILB who will likely come back from injury just fine, Murray, and Mathews. Murray fits the scheme better than McCoy and is better in short yardage situations. How is that a bigger loss than Dallas who has virtually nothing to show?

Also, if you don't know the difference between how teams play third and short and how teams plan for the run in other situations then there's no point in arguing with you. No offensive line is going to blow holes wide open in 3rd and short, no matter how good. There will be holes, sure. The problem with McCoy is he would rather dance around in the back field to try to make 5 yards rather than run through a hole and gain 2-3, and a lot of the time he gets tackled for a loss. Those tackles for a loss in an uptempo offense are crushing.

Why do I keep hearing about how Shady and Murray's salaries are close, but no one brings up money when talking about Bradford ($13M) v Foles ($655k).

I dunno, the two biggest complaints I've had about the Bradford trade was he was too expensive and they shouldn't have given up the 2nd for him. That's pretty much what I've heard from every Eagles fan.

Godslay

Banned
I just don't know why I'm so down lately. Things have been going pretty well lately for me, but I've just felt so negative. Under appreciated, lonely. Not sure why.

Get your Vitamin D levels checked. Especially if you live north of LA. They'll also do a bunch of other tests too, such as iron and thyroid function. Which is good too.

I was feeling like absolute garbage and assumed that I had sleep apnea because I snore something fierce.

Turns out I sleep fine, but my Vitamin D levels were super low. Got some over the counter D3 and about two weeks later things are much better. Stepped my daily aerobic exercise up to an hour a day as well.

It's a good place to investigate first before delving into depression medications or psychological help.

Although if you are having suicidal thoughts it's best to speak to a medical professional as soon as possible.

Good luck man.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Fuck I forgot I had that lol.

Get to work. Here, I have your background image ready.

vXdKLhg.jpg

ampere

Foles is good, but he is going to have a worse line and no offensive weapons. I wanted him here, but he isn't going to amount to much in STL.

We also just took away more than 1/3 of Dallas' offense in Murray. We're winning the division.

As much as I hate the boys... Murray was only the tip of the iceburg. That O line and coaching is what breeds that RB talent IMO.

We shall see next year, but I think Dallas takes the division again.

Injuries as always are the x-factor. Depth is hard at the QB position

And New York could be the dark horse. Fuck Eli and Coughlin... they are so cyclical.

cajunator

Banned

Farooq

Banned
Of course, he can be replaced. Most players can. Murray would've been a known in Dallas though. Now you have to hope they find a viable replacement. We both know McFadden isn't it.

You can't just throw McFadden, Dunbar, Randle, and a rook out there and expect to completely replace Murray.

I don't necessarily think Murray would have a been a known, it would be hard to project his production in 2015 considering how many carries he had to withstand last year. History doesn't look favourably on backs coming off 400+ touches. So even if Murray came back to Dallas, he probably doesn't match the production he had in 2014.

Now trying to match Murray's 2014 production, I think the Cowboys come close. They still have Romo and Dez to counter 8-man fronts, they still have the personnel to go heavy or jumbo and be effective. They just have to find a back or a committee of backs that can match Murray's talents.

Murray's skillset isn't great compared to backs like Le'veon Bell. But his skillset was a good marriage for the what the Cowboys liked to do. He is a decisive, down-hill, one cut type of back. I don't think it will be difficult to replace his skillset , he isn't a particularly gifted runner like Adrian Peterson, he can't create for himself, he needs the system in my opinion.

McFadden was never seen as a replacement for Murray by the team, he was seen as a back up with explosive ability. The team signed its low-risk FA with him, they will look to the draft, UDFAs, street FAs, bring em in to TC and see what comes out . I don't know who will emerge, but I don't think it will be hard to replace Murray, because his skill set isn't hard to replace and the other components of the offense are still there.

Want to throw this out to the rest of the thread for discussion, and I would love to be corrected, am I wrong to suggest Murray's skillset isn't difficult to replace, considering the prospects that are coming out of the draft?

Want to throw this out to the rest of the thread for discussion, and I would love to be corrected, am I wrong to suggest Murray's skillset isn't difficult to replace, considering the prospects that are coming out of the draft?

I don't think it is, your scheme and talented Oline were a huge reason for his success, you shouldn't have much trouble finding a replacement in the draft.

MRSA

Banned
I fuckin hate Coldplay so damn much.

They called me into work to babysit a guy with suicidal ideations and the jerkface keeps trying to talk to me.

Top Bottom