• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
that guy who trolled eznark said:
According to numerous general managers, the only name being actively shopped right now is Miami's Mike Wallace, which comes as no surprise as the Dolphins were gauging interest in him and exploring trade possibilities a year ago as well, after Wallace's first turbulent season with the club. Moving Wallace's outsized contract ($12M/year) -- $8.5M of his base salary becomes fully guaranteed on March 13 and no way is that going to happen in Miami -- could prove to be impossible but the Dolphins are searching. Wallace might have a hard time getting half of his current average salary per season on the open market and I continue to hear he's interested in a return to Pittsburgh, though it remains to be seen how the Steelers feel about that. Miami has already cut loose veteran receiver Brian Hartline, who also signed a big deal two years ago.

Baby-Laughing-Hard-and-Falls-Over.gif

Jarnet87

Cleveland and Buffalo competing for McClown like he does something for the team lol. At best Buffalo is a just under 500 team with him, Cleveland could be a 3-4 win team. As bad as he was he wasn't the solo reason Bucs landed that 1st overall pick with flying colors.

zychi

Banned
Ahhh Cleveland. Still taking the guys no one else wants. Even Lovie dumped McCown. No wonder Cle has such a hard on for Bernie, he's the only one to make it past 3 seasons.

Code:
Season(s)	Quarterback(s)
2014	Brian Hoyer (13) / Johnny Manziel (2) / Connor Shaw (1)
2013	Jason Campbell (8) / Brandon Weeden (5) / Brian Hoyer (3)
2012	Brandon Weeden (15) / Thad Lewis (1)
2011	Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
2010	Colt McCoy (8) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
2009	Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
2008	Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2007	Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
2006	Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
2005	Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
2004	Jeff Garcia (10) / Kelly Holcomb (2) / Luke McCown (4)
2003	Kelly Holcomb (8) / Tim Couch (8)
2002	Tim Couch (14) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
2001	Tim Couch (16)
2000	Doug Pederson (8) / Tim Couch (7) / Spergon Wynn (1)
1999	Tim Couch (14) / Ty Detmer (2)
1996-1998	Vacant
1995	Vinny Testaverde (12) / Eric Zeier (4)
1994	Vinny Testaverde (13) / Mark Rypien (3)
1993	Bernie Kosar (7) / Vinny Testaverde (6) / Todd Philcox (3)
1992	Bernie Kosar (7) / Mike Tomczak (8) / Todd Philcox (1)
1991	Bernie Kosar (16)
1990	Bernie Kosar (13) / Mike Pagel (3)
1989	Bernie Kosar (16)
1988	Bernie Kosar (9) / Mike Pagel (4) / Gary Danielson (1) / Don Strock (2)
1987	Jeff Christensen (2) / Bernie Kosar (12) / Gary Danielson (1)
1986	Bernie Kosar (16)

Colasante

Ahhh Cleveland. Still taking the guys no one else wants. Even Lovie dumped McCown. No wonder Cle has such a hard on for Bernie, he's the only one to make it past 3 seasons.

Code:
Season(s)	Quarterback(s)
2008	Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2001	Tim Couch (16)
1999	Tim Couch (14) / Ty Detmer (2)
1996-1998	Vacant
1995	Vinny Testaverde (12) / Eric Zeier (4)
1994	Vinny Testaverde (13) / Mark Rypien (3)
1993	Bernie Kosar (7) / Vinny Testaverde (6) / Todd Philcox (3)
1992	Bernie Kosar (7) / Mike Tomczak (8) / Todd Philcox (1)
1991	Bernie Kosar (16)
1990	Bernie Kosar (13) / Mike Pagel (3)
1989	Bernie Kosar (16)
1988	Bernie Kosar (9) / Mike Pagel (4) / Gary Danielson (1) / Don Strock (2)
1987	Jeff Christensen (2) / Bernie Kosar (12) / Gary Danielson (1)
1986	Bernie Kosar (16)

Weird to think that Vacant was probably the best quarterback the Browns ever had.

MechDX

a QB domino that could help move things w/Mallett. #Texans “@PatMcManamon: #Browns have come to terms with QB Josh McCown on 3-year deal.”--Twitter

True, wonder what the details of McCowns deal is? I still believe the deal is done though and they are just not announcing for some reason

Spinluck

All these trade rumors sound like bull.

I'm hearing AP and Brandon Marshall for Colts.

I'm really scared of what the trinity of Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano might do.

Jarnet87

I'm guessing it's only a million or two a year if that but 3 years for mcclown lol, he'll be cut next season making a nice pay check while he sets on the bench of another awful franchise. Please stop recycling bad journeyman qbs.

Code:
Season(s)	Quarterback(s)
2001	Tim Couch (16)

Look at that shit. JUST LOOK AT IT.

MechDX

RT @TonyGrossi: The Josh McCown signing makes me think #Browns will make a concerted run at Marcus Mariota after all. #100yearswar.

Eagles get 2nd pick from Tiatns, feel.good about themselves. Cleveland gets first pick from Bucs afterwards and draft Mariotta

Comedy ensues.

RT @TonyGrossi: The Josh McCown signing makes me think #Browns will make a concerted run at Marcus Mariota after all. #100yearswar.
Don't quote grossi. He's not in tune with the Browns at all, I think Ive made it known to Kave and Squicken a bunch. These are just his opinions. While I'm sure Mariota is still an option and point of discussion at the moment, I'm led to believe One of Grayson or Hundley will be a brown at this point. Still early though

MechDX

Don't quote grossi. He's not in tune with the Browns at all, I think Ive made it known to Kave and Squicken a bunch. These are just his opinions. While I'm sure Mariota is still an option and point of discussion at the moment, I'm led to believe One of Grayson or Hundley will be a brown at this point. Still early though

I want you guys to undercut the eagles for the hilarity

MRSA

Banned
Hello my friend MRSA, I had my anatomy exam and practical today. It went well but anatomy is arguably the worst

Lebrond is doing well!!

Hello friendo rando, anatomy is arguably the worst because you can look up shit in a book when you're in practice. One of my docs always busts out his stupid anatomy book to his patient after he diagnoses the pt. Anatomy doesn't change unless you're a freak of nature like a Pats fan.

Have some cofy for me rando.

effzee

Exactly. Been saying this for weeks.

And Eagles fans have been answering you.

He isn't terrible but he isn't as good as he looked 2 seasons ago. Physical limitations which show up quite a bit in Chip's offense.

Maybe some team looks at him and thinks they can play him in a more traditional offense and he can be great. Teams take changes on QBs. Just look at what the Browns just did.

I don't think he is worth a 1st round pick and possibly not even a 2nd but if Chip really wants Mariota that much they should and probably could get a 2nd round pick in return for Foles.

I don't think draftin mariotta would make the eagles instant superbowl contenders just because he's used to Chip Kelly's system. He'll still be a rookie.

They've got a solid team and foles was putting up some good numbers before he got hurt, give him another shot if you want to win now

Foles was putting up good #s?

Where? When? Last season? The year before he went on a magical run but last year he took a step back and was a turnover machine.

Top Bottom