• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Konka

Banned
I think so, but it's hard to ever know what's going on in Tennessee because that organization is so forgettable from top to bottom.

Yeah the Titans are probably the only team in the NFL that I straight up forget exist for short periods of time.

And then it's like "Oh yeah, the Titans. Who is their QB again?"

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think so, but it's hard to ever know what's going on in Tennessee because that organization is so forgettable from top to bottom.

I think he'd have to be really, really cheap for the Patriots to bring him in, especially after casting away Tommy Kelly for younger alternatives last season, even after a paycut. Then again, if they cut Wilfork, everything is up in the air.

Yeah he's a contingency for Vince, even at 4-5 that's about half of what Vince is getting. Both are equal risk, same age, both off major injuries, although vince further removed. That being said I fully expect vince back. Lots of money freeing up with restructures/cuts soon, so I'm ready for these pieces to start falling.

Sorry asked this before, but what's Herny's cap situation?

JABEE

Look at what Tampa is asking for in a Glennon trade. Tampa wants a 3rd round pick for Glennon.

Foles has proven so much more than Glennon. Foles's 2013 season was among the best in the NFL in 2013. He was a top QB in the games he played. Even if those numbers are system-based. Some team will buy into that potential. Teams have bought into prospects and players that have shown less glimmer.

Colasante

Yeah he's a contingency for Vince, even at 4-5 that's about half of what Vince is getting. Both are equal risk, same age, both off major injuries, although vince further removed. That being said I fully expect vince back. Lots of money freeing up with restructures/cuts soon, so I'm ready for these pieces to start falling.

Sorry asked this before, but what's Herny's cap situation?

I'm pretty sure he's finally off the books for 2015 after taking up $7 million in 2015. I know the Patriots received over $1 million in cap relief from Hernandez earlier this year, and I think there's a separate grievance over $3 million or so in signing bonuses that's still being fought over. I'm not sure if that's something that would come back to the Patriots or not, though.

Look at what Tampa is asking for in a Glennon trade. Tampa wants a 3rd round pick for Glennon.

Foles has proven so much more than Glennon. Foles's 2013 season was among the best in the NFL in 2013. He was a top QB in the games he played. Even if those numbers are system-based. Some team will buy into that potential. Teams have bought into prospects and players that have shown less glimmer.

Not that you're wrong, but I really do think context is important. Foles' success was a product of Chip Kelly, just as Josh McCown's brief success was a product of Marc Trestman, and before them, Kolb's success was a product of Andy Reid. When you separate Foles from that system where he had success, with DeSean Jackson and a randomly dominant Riley Cooper as weapons, and put him on the Browns, for instance, there's really no reason for a team to think that success will translate. That hasn't stopped teams from overestimating their own abilities before, but I think there have been enough high-priced trades for QBs that backfired that will prevent the Eagles from getting a 1st round pick. I think a 2nd is doable, but also unlikely, and a 3rd would make both sides happy.

As for why Glennon is fetching a 3rd rounder without Foles' pedigree, I think it's because the success he has found has been in an extremely unproductive situation, under Schiano and Lovie. He also has a better arm than Foles, which teams always salivate over.

That was traumatic as fuck the first time I saw it. You just could not believe they actually did it.

I remember really liking that annoying kid when I first watched the movie and he would get more and more annoying the older I got. I also remember getting excited when someone rented this movie in college and we decided to relive part of our childhood. The girls we were watching it with were not impressed and didn't get it. Stupid ass bitches...

Everyone there with a brain agreed that it had aged really well and was a masterpiece!

Always thought it was weird going back to the regular series after the movie because in the movie, characters went down so easy from a few blasts. But then the series went back to nobody dying ever.

I still can't understand the logistics and physics of the Construticons forming Devestator while actually inside of Astrotrain. But hey, that's the way it was and we liked it!

That was traumatic as fuck the first time I saw it. You just could not believe they actually did it.

I remember really liking that annoying kid when I first watched the movie and he would get more and more annoying the older I got. I also remember getting excited when someone rented this movie in college and we decided to relive part of our childhood. The girls we were watching it with were not impressed and didn't get it. Stupid ass bitches...

Everyone there with a brain agreed that it had aged really well and was a masterpiece!

The UK Blu-Ray release is a thing of beauty my friend.

Tamanon

Banned
The cartoon always had weird issues with Astrotrain and his Autobot equivalent changing sizes constantly.

Never mind how Megatron was able to shrink after transforming.

bionic77

Always thought it was weird going back to the regular series after the movie because in the movie, characters went down so easy from a few blasts. But then the series went back to nobody dying ever.

I still can't understand the logistics and physics of the Construticons forming Devestator while actually inside of Astrotrain. But hey, that's the way it was and we liked it!
Real physics are a buzz kill.

Jarnet87

ESPN was doing a segment on the big free agents for each team in the NFC South and which ones the teams should keep. Got to the Bucs - None.

also saw that Darnell Dockett got cut. Would take him on the Bucs if he has got something left in the tank, he was good in college as a 4-3 DT.

Good evening gentlemen

tumblr_me9alwAVuM1rzrcdgo1_500.gif

Tom Penny

Browns just signed Josh McCown to a three year deal. I'm so sorry, Browns fans. You deserve so much better.

Great signing. He should work wonders with their receiving corp. He lit it up in Chicago but they were dummies and paid Cutler.

Mark Sanchez was the highest rated free agent though.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 12m12 minutes ago
With the Bucs' OC situation last year, Josh McCown was practically a player-coach. He could be an enormous help for Manziel if JM embraces.

DMczaf

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 12m12 minutes ago
With the Bucs' OC situation last year, Josh McCown was practically a player-coach. He could be an enormous help for Manziel if JM embraces.

...am I living in another world where the Bucs offense was benefiting from McCown's player-coach role?

Top Bottom