• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

As for Galvatron, as a kid, I hated him because I loved Megatron so much lol. I remember everyone crying over the death of Prime when I was more pissed that Megatron was no more.
Galvatron was, is and always will be my favorite Transformer. Especially in the post-animated movie TV show where he was just a complete megalomaniac.:D

JABEE

Bet? If Foles is traded for anything better than a 3rd I'll wear an avatar of your choice for a month.

3rd or worse I pick your avatar for a month

If he doesn't get traded no avatar changes.

This offseason? Sure, I'll make that bet. What if he's part of a Mariota trade? Or a trade to move up? How will we parse that?

Has to be a pick involved. Flat out traded for just picks.

I don't think Foles is worth a first. I just think some team will give the Eagles a first. I'm confident in my bet with Mech.

For your sake I hope so:

iZb79Ub.png

I must win.

May Tebow guide a sucker team to their doom!

Foles for the number 1 pick straight up. Who says no?

When you get a chance to forfeit the chance to draft a potential franchise changing player in order to secure a player who is a worse version of the QB you already have, you have to do it, right?

brentech

When you get a chance to forfeit the chance to draft a potential franchise changing player in order to secure a player who is a worse version of the QB you already have, you have to do it, right?
i think most would say no. My basis is that you know what you're getting, and that is a player that isn't a 10 year franchise QB.
I think most teams would rather take the risk than just hope a guy that has had chances suddenly elevates much higher than he's been.
He's 3rd or 4th tier.

Any GM who trades a first for Foles should be fired on the spot. If I were an owner id fire my gm just for bringing it up.

Also starscream was the best decepticon. Megatron was always an asshole to him.

gutshot

Bucs gonna Buc.

Foles is better than Glennon though.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Sorry teams without a QB that have potential (Texans, Eagles, 49ers, Bengals etc.) but Matthew Stafford is untradeable and will remain a Lion for life.

JABEE

nWQVN4v.jpg

=

Arizona's 2nd Round Pick (Vinny Curry and Brandon Boykin) and 25 Year Old Pro Bowl CB DRC

CdEyo4R.jpg

=

Miami's 2nd Round Pick

T3XDwdU.jpg

=

Washington's 1st Round Pick (Daunte Culpepper), the following year's 2nd round pick, and a 3rd round pick

Teams go crazy for QBs.

I had Jack in the box for lunch and my body is already rejecting it. There's a reason youre only supposed to eat this shit when you are drunk.

Also Megatron had a bitchass hairdo

JABEE

Kevin Kolb

W/L Record: 3-4
Total Passing Yards: 2,082
TD-INT Ratio: 11-14

=

High 2nd Round Pick and Pro Bowl CB

Nick Foles

W/L Record: 15-9 (14-4 since Chip Kelly has taken over)
Total Passing Yards: 6,753
TD-INT Ratio: 46-17

=

???

JABEE

Why do the Eagles want to get rid of Foles anyways if he's so good? Makes no sense.

I don't think they do. I think Foles is a valuable commodity on the open market where there is absolutely nothing out there in terms of QBs. In 2013, Foles was a top 5 Passing QB if you look at advanced statistics. He took a step back last season.

I don't think the Eagles will move him for less than a 2nd. Even if they move up for Mariota, Foles is still valuable as a cheap back-up if the Eagles believe they are a contender this season. Mariota can fight for the starting job. If Mariota goes down due to injury, then you have an experienced and talented player that can guide the Kelly Machine.

Konka

Banned
I don't think they do. I think Foles is a valuable commodity on the open market where there is absolutely nothing out there in terms of QBs. In 2013, Foles was a top 5 Passing QB if you look at advanced statistics. He took a step back last season.

I don't think the Eagles will move him for less than a 2nd. Even if they move up for Mariota, Foles is still valuable as a cheap back-up if the Eagles believe they are a contender this season. Mariota can fight for the starting job. If Mariota goes down due to injury, then you have an experienced and talented player that can guide the Kelly Machine.

Jabee come on. You don't sell the farm for a QB who has to "fight for the starting job".

zychi

Banned
House of cards is gonna get all the emmys next year. Best actor, actress and supporting actor. This season is so good

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I know it's crazy to think, but Jabbee could win that. Does nobody remember the raiders betting the farm on Carson palmer?

bionic77

Nooo, not Spock! Wait, we all know that Kirk will find him again!

As for Galvatron, as a kid, I hated him because I loved Megatron so much lol. I remember everyone crying over the death of Prime when I was more pissed that Megatron was no more.
Transformers the Movie is in the conversation of greatest animated movie of all time. I am not an expert in animation but this is the only movie I can think of that stands toe to toe with the works of Studio Ghibli.

You can't describe the young mouth breathers of today just how fucking great that movie was the first time you see it. Megatron intercepts that Autobot ship and then just murders everyone on it. And then they murder all your old favorite Autobots on Autobot city with the fight ending with Optimus killing all of the Deceptions single handedly, which was the warm up to the epic showdown with Megatron.

I saw that movie in the theaters. Recorded it on tv 2 weeks later when it came out on tv (it was a huge flop) and wore the fuck out of that VHS tape over the next few years.

Also starscream was the best decepticon. Megatron was always an asshole to him.

Megatron was an asshole and Starscream was a dick. That's why they complimented each other so well.

Transformers the Movie is in the conversation of greatest animated movie of all time. I am not an expert in animation but this is the only movie I can think of that stands toe to toe with the works of Studio Ghibli.

You can't describe the young mouth breathers of today just how fucking great that movie was the first time you see it. Megatron intercepts that Autobot ship and then just murders everyone on it. And then they murder all your old favorite Autobots on Autobot city with the fight ending with Optimus killing all of the Deceptions single handedly, which was the warm up to the epic showdown with Megatron.

My favorite scene of the whole movie!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Do people really think Foles isn't worth a 2nd round pick? I don't think hes that great but a 2nd rd pick for him seems totally reasonable for both sides.

Why do the Eagles want to get rid of Foles anyways if he's so good? Makes no sense.

Because Kelly's offense relies a lot on things like zone read options, where the QB keeping the ball is supposed to be an option. It's not an option with Foles, he's too slow, teams don't fear it, so they don't try to cover it. It's possible for a QB to be good and not fit the scheme the coach wants to use. Foles is an ok pocket passer, but he's never going to do much of anything with his legs.

Colasante

Kevin Kolb

W/L Record: 3-4
Total Passing Yards: 2,082
TD-INT Ratio: 11-14

=

High 2nd Round Pick and Pro Bowl CB

Nick Foles

W/L Record: 15-9 (14-4 since Chip Kelly has taken over)
Total Passing Yards: 6,753
TD-INT Ratio: 46-17

=

???

I think you're actually proving Mech's point. The Kolb trade, and the Raiders' trade for Carson Palmer, might be enough proof that trading high picks for a mediocre quarterback is a recipe for disaster.

Do people really think Foles isn't worth a 2nd round pick? I don't think hes that great but a 2nd rd pick for him seems totally reasonable for both sides.

It's all about context. Foles had his career year in Chip Kelly's quarterback-friendly offense, then regressed the next year. If he had done in a system less conducive to success, I could see a 2nd round pick being reasonable, but there's no reason a team should believe that Foles' success in 2013 will translate to their team to that extent.

It's all about context. Foles had his career year in Chip Kelly's quarterback-friendly offense, then regressed the next year. If he had done in a system less conducive to success, I could see a 2nd round pick being reasonable, but there's no reason a team should believe that Foles' success in 2013 will translate to their team to that extent.

Part of that context is that Foles played behind an offensive line missing 3 starters too. Some people may not put that regression entirely on Foles head.

bionic77

Megatron was an asshole and Starscream was a dick. That's why they complimented each other so well.

My favorite scene of the whole movie!
That was traumatic as fuck the first time I saw it. You just could not believe they actually did it.

I remember really liking that annoying kid when I first watched the movie and he would get more and more annoying the older I got. I also remember getting excited when someone rented this movie in college and we decided to relive part of our childhood. The girls we were watching it with were not impressed and didn't get it. Stupid ass bitches...

Everyone there with a brain agreed that it had aged really well and was a masterpiece!

Colasante

Would love the pats to grab him for super cheap.

I don't think that'll happen. I guess that he'll make $4-6 million, which is too expensive for a rotational tackle in New England. He'd be a good fit for Ray Horton's defense in Tennessee. Although I'm now remembering that he hated Horton's 3-4 scheme, so maybe that's not such a good fit after all.

MechDX

I don't think that'll happen. I guess that he'll make $4-6 million, which is too expensive for a rotational tackle in New England. He'd be a good fit for Ray Horton's defense in Tennessee. Although I'm now remembering that he hated Horton's 3-4 scheme, so maybe that's not such a good fit after all.

Isn't Horton just an assistant now and it is LeBeaus defense ?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I figured as much, but mid 30s coming off an ACL?

JABEE

Jabee come on. You don't sell the farm for a QB who has to "fight for the starting job".

I agree with you. I'm not really sure what the Eagles are going to do at this point. You are probably right. If they do trade for Mariota, then Foles is probably gone.

JABEE

Maybe he meant the party line will be "fight for the job".

Yep, but I'm pretty sure someone will give the Eagles what they want for Foles. The Eagles will pretend there is a competition, just like Chip says about every position.

Also, as a response to some of the people saying that the trades I mentioned are a deterrent for people going after QBs in trades in the future, just look at how teams handle free agency. There will always be teams that take huge risks. There will always be teams stupid enough to give up high picks and crazy GT'D money for QBs.

Arizona didn't only give up a 2nd and DRC for a QB that started less than 10 games in the NFL. They also gave Kolb a large contract.

Colasante

Isn't Horton just an assistant now and it is LeBeaus defense ?

I think so, but it's hard to ever know what's going on in Tennessee because that organization is so forgettable from top to bottom.

I figured as much, but mid 30s coming off an ACL?

I think he'd have to be really, really cheap for the Patriots to bring him in, especially after casting away Tommy Kelly for younger alternatives last season, even after a paycut. Then again, if they cut Wilfork, everything is up in the air.

Top Bottom