• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Patriots7

49ers release Stevie Johnson. I thought he was going to be great when he got to SF.
A former AFC East stud who had some of his best games against New England?

At this point, Danny has to restructure his contract. There are too many better options available.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
49ers release Stevie Johnson. I thought he was going to be great when he got to SF.

He can't throw the football to himself. He was also like the 4th WR on that team for whatever reason. Was still productive when he actually got some targets.

Would love to see the Jets pick him up. Cut Percy already.

jbug617

Banned

At this point, Danny has to restructure his contract. There are too many better options available.

He can't throw the football to himself. He was also like the 4th WR on that team for whatever reason. Was still productive when he actually got some targets.

Would love to see the Jets pick him up. Cut Percy already.

Stevie Johnson to the Panthers?

49ers are denying the report of them cutting Stevie Johnson
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/wr-stevie-johnsons-future-49ers-uncertain

JaMarco

I'd love him on the Pats.
I don't think so.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StevieJohnson13/status/319565043815550976
B-8tMhNUwAA6InY.jpg

MechDX

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk · 15m15 minutes ago
Veteran receiver market could end up going the way of the veteran running back market as younger, cheaper wideouts thrive right away.

Truth. Should help with Dre renegotiations.

jakncoke

Banned
Thanks, friends.

Definitely is one of the worst days I've had in years.

I dont even wanna begin to know your feelings right now. I have never had to choose that decision, I imagine id sit for days as in my avatar position and weeks after it went down.

Godslay

Banned

From what I understand, there isn't much to be gained from restructuring Amendola. Cut him, eat a bunch of dead cap. Restructure him, you are just kicking the can down the road. It's a pretty bad contract considering his production has been hit or miss.

Colasante

Holy shit this guy can be a beast make it happen pats.

Stevie Johnson? A beast? I wouldn't be against his signing but he was never a world-beater.

From what I understand, there isn't much to be gained from restructuring Amendola. Cut him, eat a bunch of dead cap. Restructure him, you are just kicking the can down the road. It's a pretty bad contract considering his production has been hit or miss.

There's no restructuring. He'll either take a straight pay cut or be released.

brentech

Any vet would probably give the same. Just don't get it.
Maybe he was willing to put up with being benched if Manziel fixes his life, lol

MechDX

Browns QB Josh McCown's deal: 3 years, $14M with upside to $20M. $6.25M fully guaranteed, $5.25M in 2015 fully guaranteed.

Well Mallett there is the set price.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Weekend postmortem push. I've only added Wedge's since the last time and that was because I missed it when he posted it. Sorry bro.

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens - BaltimoreLarry
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers -
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns -
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos - Godslay
Detroit Lions - WedgeX
Green Bay Packers -