• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The money is fine, the worrying thing is that he is a starting candidate for multiple teams. Bad QBs are going to start for about ten teams this year. Not even drafted rookies either, nope, veteran lifetime backup types.

To be absolutely fair, unless Johnny Manziel manages to not be an alcoholic/avoid jail time, Josh McCown is going to be the Browns full-time starter in 2015.

And that's pretty much the going rate for a veteran bottom tier starter in the modern NFL.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be absolutely fair, unless Johnny Manziel manages to not be an alcoholic/avoid jail time, Josh McCown is going to be the Browns full-time starter in 2015.

And that's pretty much the going rate for a veteran bottom tier starter in the modern NFL.

The real interesting thing is that Hoyer is likely better than McCown, knows the system and all but the two sides will not talk except for one comment from Hoyer after the league investigation started saying he does not want to play for them.

Jarnet87

At some point Manziel or whoever the backup is will start a game. It'd then up to that qb to show something to the coach before assuming full on tank mode and return to mcclown. 3 years 14 million, the guy managed to to a better deal then the one in Tampa.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At some point Manziel or whoever the backup is will start a game. It'd then up to that qb to show something to the coach before assuming full on tank mode and return to mcclown. 3 years 14 million, the guy managed to to a better deal then the one in Tampa.

QB market is even worse this year. Sanchize will probably get paid somewhere. Mallet played about one game last season and he'll get a deal like this.

MechDX

The real interesting thing is that Hoyer is likely better than McCown, knows the system and all but the two sides will not talk except for one comment from Hoyer after the league investigation started saying he does not want to play for them.

It's a new system. Hoyer does not know it

Mindlog

Are you guys drunk?

I'm not seeing how this is as terrible a deal as you guys are making it out to be.
It's Josh McCown.
At quarterback.

I mean the upsides are huge. Getting that high pick is great. The year is going to be depressing as hell though.

Wait. My apologies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh, that is true, isn't it? He does know most of the position players though...though they do need new receivers. Also he's not playing for them anyways.

I read Mccown has a lot of experience with our new OC and our OC was big in him even meeting with us in the first place.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Stevie Johnson? A beast? I wouldn't be against his signing but he was never a world-beater.

There's no restructuring. He'll either take a straight pay cut or be released.

guy has had some monster games, especially during his 3 year stretch, which if i remember right was a bit hampered by hamstring issues. he also did that with a terrible qb and being the only weapon meaning he took all of the attention. he's not a top tier receiver, but hes underrated.

The season is far from starting. Browns won't be going into the season with just These two. Safest bet is we'll add another guy in the draft, but FA isn't out of the question. MCcown might not be the most inspiring signing but it's not like we're losing an all star in Hoyer. Best thing Hoyer did for us was not turn over the ball during our wins. I would hope Mccown plays better on this team, he had that thumb injury on the Bucs and the Oline and run game wasn't anything special most of the year. Plus the no OC thing. it seems a good amount of the Browns offensive scheme will stay the same, atleast the zone blocking scheme. It'll still be a run heavy offensive and I doubt the Qb will be asked to do much, no matter who he is. I won't ask like we're the worst team in he league or the season is lost because of the Mccown signing, we still have a good amount of talent.
The contract isn't ridiculous either
Meow

Gobias

Banned
I, for one, look forward to adding McCown's name to the Cleveland QB legacy jersey. This feels like a signing the Browns wold have done in 2008 or something. I have no hope for this team until we have a QB, which will probably be never. Not interested in Mariotta and especially not Winston.

I expected something much worse when you used that phrasing.

I thought is was just a very dark joke when I initially saw it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Suh-and-Mayhew-360x220.jpg

Restore the Roar.

rando14

It would make me so happy for the Browns to be successful and see my Browns-GAF friends smile... but man everytime I read Browns news it is just depressing as duck :/

Darkest, what is wrong with VTech's shooting?

Jeez.

EDIT: UVa v. Tech basketball game
No idea, I watched it for awhile but we are too garbage for me to really care. I am a diehard with football, with other sports I only pay a little attention.

Glad you put that edit it, I was scared for a second. Bad memories... :(

Top Bottom