• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

This sexual tension between us needs to end!

282d04cb33e00fb2dac6237701404773e01dc51c18557622f94df7c105730699.jpg

I read Mccown has a lot of experience with our new OC and our OC was big in him even meeting with us in the first place.

Yeah Flip was our QB coach in 07 when McCown started 9 games for us.

Contract isn't bad. Pretty standard for a vet and it's the status quo for what teams without a QB are doing these days. Sign a old vet and draft a rookie every year until you hit pay dirt. Doesn't guarantee McCown will be starter either, anything can happen. Just like with the Raiders last year when they brought in Schoob.

effzee

Mccown will have the same crappy numbers and they didnt have to trade anything

But you have to pay him a lot whereas Foles is on his dirt poor rookie contract.

Foles also has the potential to be hot franchise guy. McCown at best gives you a year or two.

zychi

Banned
But you have to pay him a lot whereas Foles is on his dirt poor rookie contract.

Foles also has the potential to be hot franchise guy. McCown at best gives you a year or two.
Its cle, it doesnt matter who is qb there, theyll crash and burn

cdyhybrid

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 29s29 seconds ago Connecticut, USA
The Dallas Cowboys inform WR @DezBryant that he'll receive the franchise tag before Monday's deadline.

Jarnet87

Why trade for Foles now, teams should wait and see if the Eagles move up for Mariota. Can be got for much cheaper after the draft if that occurs.

effzee

Why trade for Foles now, teams should wait and see if the Eagles move up for Mariota. Can be got for much cheaper after the draft if that occurs.

Well for one thing he might be involved in a draft day trade if the Eagles try to move up using a team that needs a QB as trade partner (Titans, Washington, NY Jets, Rams).

Nothing new here. Heard this since the day the season ended. I doubt they cut him, though they did let Desean go, because he is just to vital for what they like to do. Maybe a creative restructure of his contract that gets him a nice bonus this year but reduces the cap #.

According to other Jaguars fans, they will be signing Suh, Cobb, Bulaga, and trading the 3rd pick to the Eagles for their 1st and 2nd round picks this year, 1st in 2016 and McCoy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The only thing you can do with McCoy is extend him.

What do you guys think Shady would get on the open market?

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly the rumored jets trade makes more sense

Foles, two 1st round pics and 2nd round pic. For the number 6 pick

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Why the hell hasn't Tebow been invited to the veterans combine? Seriously Tebow go to it

I had no idea it even existed until Chuck Klosterman mentioned it on the last BS Report. Good to hear to praise ordering it from Amazon tonight.

ShaneB

I had no idea it even existed until Chuck Klosterman mentioned it on the last BS Report. Good to hear to praise ordering it from Amazon tonight.

Yeah, it's a very easy recommendation from me. Great football book, and lots of insight. I'd like to read "Next Man Up" as well, which is a similar "a year on the sidelines" type of read. Also have "The QB: The Making of Modern Quarterbacks" on my to-read list. Slow Getting Up I really liked too.

And a few others as well that I could be in the mood for around draft tinr.

Bread

Banned
New job is cool, I'm liking the money so far! I'm getting good at schmoozing up those olds too. Lots of them are from new england so that makes it easy.

ramuh

New job is cool, I'm liking the money so far! I'm getting good at schmoozing up those olds too. Lots of them are from new england so that makes it easy.

Oh you got a new job? Cool. Glad you enjoy it. I'll be moving to a new job this year.

Furyous

Furyous pls

Pls what? That's not my alt.

Browns better do something other than enter the season with "fucking sucked as a starter" McCown and the ghost of Johnny Football. Listen, there is a master plan somewhere that none of us are seeing and one day it will all make sense.

The universe is not right until Seattle has a basketball team. NBA needs to rectify this grave injustice and give Seattle a team dammit. The Seattle-Portlandia rivalry needs to start up.

Top Bottom