• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

jakncoke

Banned
I'll wrestle you

randy-savage-flying-elbow-o.gif

Godslay

Banned
So I was watching Nebraska and saw someone I know. Total asshole, but surreal to see someone at random that you know in a movie.

bionic77

Shouldn't you be purse shopping today
Wife is more into expensive furniture these days.

I miss the purses. That shit was cheaper.

I am also trying to decorate my office and have it also serve as a kickass mancave as well. Next up need to pick a TV (can't decide if I should get 50" or less). Also need a new office chair and a nice sofa.

Wife is more into expensive furniture these days.

I miss the purses. That shit was cheaper.

I am also trying to decorate my office and have it also serve as a kickass mancave as well. Next up need to pick a TV (can't decide if I should get 50" or less). Also need a new office chair and a nice sofa.

You never go under 50",

zychi

Banned
Any of you played occulus?

I would love to try it.

I wonder if all consoles will have that next gen?

nah, that shit is too advanced and will be expensive. You'll be lucky if they include a 1tb hard drive and 1080p support, let alone VR.

i wouldn't be surprised if next gen is just Nintendo and Sony. MS is bleeding money still.

bionic77

nah, that shit is too advanced and will be expensive. You'll be lucky if they include a 1tb hard drive and 1080p support, let alone VR.

i wouldn't be surprised if next gen is just Nintendo and Sony. MS is bleeding money still.
My prediction was gaming was going to move to something cheap like a souped up Apple TV with a dual shock 4 controller ripoff. Everything digital. And no more than $120 for the box.

If it had soccer and real football that would be enough for most people.

ampere

What about a park or backyard

I don't really get the VR crazy for soccer or football. If it's interactive enough why not just play the real thing?

For someone with an injury or disability though, it could be really great.

I don't really get the VR crazy for soccer or football. If it's interactive enough why not just play the real thing?

This argument comes up all the time regarding sports games and it's so dumb. Not everyone can volley it into the top corner from 35 yards or throw a perfect spiral 45 yards in between two defenders.

Any of you played occulus?

I would love to try it.

I wonder if all consoles will have that next gen?

I think it depends if VR takes off, and how fast it does. Neither the PS4 or XBone really have the firepower to do the kind of graphical fidelity people have come to expect from games at the 90 FPS VR requires. Nintendo always prioritizes low power devices, and on the hardware side they seem to have a terminal case of "not invented here" syndrome. So their next gen console probably won't have good VR either.

That basically leaves PC gaming, where Valve is trying to break the Windows stranglehold at all costs. To some extent, they have the floor when it comes to VR. They know the most about it (apart from Oculus), and in particular they have a few chips they could put down on the table (sequels with 3 in the title) if they really want to stir something up. Which they probably do.

If I had to make predictions:
1. Valve partners with somebody to make an official non-Windows "console".
2. XBone has a short lifetime, with its replacement being a MS-branded HTPC. (in the same way the hypothetical steam console is a Valve/MysteryPartner branded HTPC)

zychi

Banned
My prediction was gaming was going to move to something cheap like a souped up Apple TV with a dual shock 4 controller ripoff. Everything digital. And no more than $120 for the box.

If the world ever gets everyone enough internet speeds, absolutely. Throw it all behind streaming and have a chromecast stick + controller or a built in app in the tv do the rest.

Until then, we're stuck with under powered consoles and PC gaming being held back by most developers (excluding Blizzard and Valve)

bionic77

I really don't understand your reply.

Problem with streaming is that it will never work for interactive VR. Latency is a bitch, and the speed of light is slower than your intuition thinks it is.

VR for the next couple decades means having a beefy computer-y device nearby.

Playing football is not something my body can do without major injury risk. VR sounds perfect for it.

Soccer, basketball? Point taken.

We all know that Alligatorjandro is bionic's long lost illegitimate son that he threw in a dumpster or gave away for free as an infant (ala Harry Potter or Colin Kaepernick) right?

Godslay

Banned
Problem with streaming is that it will never work for interactive VR. Latency is a bitch, and the speed of light is slower than your intuition thinks it is.

VR for the next couple decades means having a beefy computer-y device nearby.

Unless we see it come from the mobile space. Gear VR is really intriguing and the right path imo, just no content yet.

That or the Hololens. More intrigued by AR rather than VR personally.

zychi

Banned
Unless we see it come from the mobile space. Gear VR is really intriguing and the right path imo, just no content yet.

For in home stuff AR will be great. Not that interested in it for games.

ampere

This argument comes up all the time regarding sports games and it's so dumb. Not everyone can volley it into the top corner from 35 yards or throw a perfect spiral 45 yards in between two defenders.

I'll believe in fun VR football when I try it... as it stands I don't know that standing up and doing throwing motions with my arms would be much better than Wii Bowling

Playing football is not something my body can do without major injury risk. VR sounds perfect for it.

Soccer, basketball? Point taken.

Yea def get you there.

I don't think the mobile space will have the power to do the graphical fidelity people want from virtual worlds any time soon.

Same reason Nintendo consoles won't be able to do it! Watts!

AR is very likely, but I can't say I'm super excited about it. I'm sure there'll be some cool uses for it. I would like to have heat vision, so the moment they can do that I'm in.

Top Bottom